Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Country469

first i was all
cy25HLe.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

bigwignj

Addicted to Softballfans
this happened to me in a conference tournament in the winners bracket final. inning prior their guy dove in to second trying to stretch out a single... throw came in.. hit him in the head and concussed him. They had 11guys in the lineup.. nobody on their roster in the dugout.. for reference it was 2012 and the team was The Scene. he comes out of the game.. in was top of 7 they were up 20.. so they made outs on purpose not to get to his spot in the order. it came up... our coach lamented.. but said.. don't send him up we won't take the win by forfeit. a mans safety isn't bigger than a softball game. he was trying to stand up because in the conference.. you don't replace him it's a forfeit. bottom of seven we scored 20 to tie and end up winning in the 8th.
bottom line.. much bigger situation.. same idea... don't be a dooshbag. taking an out in that situation is weak sauce. beat who's in front of you.

The scene had that jacked Hispanic or black pitcher that always seemed angry. I was always afraid to even hit a ball anywhere near him because I thought he’d legitimately beat the **** out of me. He might have been a year or two after 2012.

huzzdog

retired
The scene had that jacked Hispanic or black pitcher that always seemed angry. I was always afraid to even hit a ball anywhere near him because I thought he’d legitimately beat the **** out of me. He might have been a year or two after 2012.
at that time it was Dan Sanchez. i think he's now the pitcher for SIS major team

Country469

I can only hope for more huzz stories this off season to keep me glued to these threads and amped up for winter worlds

Jtoddabq

Same situation at coed league night. My girl dislocated her shoulder and the other team made sure to get their out every time she came up. Straight puss move but we played it out and shook hands at the end. If it dont mean that much then not worth getting so upset about it.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
She probably looked gross with her arm flopping everywhere. Couldn't even clap for her boyfriend while he finished the game.

hitsone

I would have to say that in a fun tourney with not much in the prize pkg my team would have let the game continue without the injured player also hurting his team by being an auto out.
However if there was a good prize and it was an important tourney eg a qualifier, playoff, State etc I would hope the ump would enforce the tourney rules. Also the tourney rules should include clarification on such eventualitys.
eg Pacific NW co-ed championships An opposing player tried to turn a standup single into a double in the "if" inning. Put his shoulder down and put our second baseman in the hospital. base ump (retired MLB) called; Out!, Ejected! Forfeit! (that team only had 10). Bad way to win but that was the rule. the ump 's quick call saved a retaliation by us. Things calmed down, their coach sent that player to his car, they appologized and we all shook hands.