Need help getting sponsors

worthkid6

Addicted to Softballfans
My team this year was not sponsored by anyone so we had to pay out of pocket for everything. We are all from small town areas with no real big businesses around. My question is how do y'all go about getting big sponsors?

worthkid6

Addicted to Softballfans
Well it was our first year together as a team and were mostly young (college age) so none of us have experience in this. We budgeted about $10,000 for this season so somewhere around that number would be nice.

jftx

Addicted to Softballfans
10k wtf.. I'm lucky if I can find a sponsor for 10k.. I'm thinkin your team needs to start learning how to give blowjobs.

jsam21238

Addicted to Softballfans
My team this year was not sponsored by anyone so we had to pay out of pocket for everything. We are all from small town areas with no real big businesses around. My question is how do y'all go about getting big sponsors?

Ok... You don't need sponsors to get money. Host 2 tournaments and you can make $3k off those. Have your guys pay $200 a piece as a commitment fee to cover uniforms... There is $2400-2600. Do pizza sales, raffles, trivia nights, bowling, or golf tournaments. Have the girlfriends and wives do a car wash. And then go to a local bar and ask for $1000 and put their name or logo on your jerseys.

No business will give you $10k. Go out there and earn your money for your team.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I wonder how much of that $10k was wasted.....spent......on uniforms?

Luckily for Elite, Boombah, et al, most players don't realize that $5k on uniforms each year doesn't make them any better ball players.

Coonass

Addicted to Softballfans
Start now.

Get a football pool going for your local ost favorite NFL team. $25 a square and you on it all year, redraw the numbers each week.
Income= $25 a square x's 100 squares = $2500
Payout = $25 a quarter x's 4 =$100 x16 games =$1600 payout
Profit = $900

Every week do a $3 Pool
Income =$3 a square x's 100 squares = $300
Payout = $50 a quarter 4 quarters = $200
Profit = $100
If you do it for preseason and the regular season thats $2,000 If the make the playoffs even more

Black Friday Half and Half, get the Ladies to help on this one. Go to your local party supply store and buy the double raffle tickets, sell them $2 a piece. A week or so before Black Friday draw a winner, the winner gets half of the money collected and the team gets the other half. You sell 500 tickets (it's easy to do) you make $500

I just made your team $3,400

Almost forgot another fundraiser we do is a no tap bowling tournament. We make about $400 off of every one of them we throw not including half and half that we sell there as well as a booze basket.

There are a million ways you can fundraise money for a team. Just have to be willing to put in the time and a little effort. As people stated you can do bat raffles, 50/50's, bull roasts, crab feasts, host your own tournaments, go to local businesses and ask for sponsorship money in return putting their name and logo on your jersey.

Dakota Deerwood

Addicted to Softballfans
Golf tournaments usually help to raise some funds...

As for sponsors... good luck with that... Shoot, we won 2 worlds... and we only got buy-in offers from the manufacturers.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
win-pot the money...win-pot the money...win-pot the money...win-pot the money...you catchin on here yet OP????

Gallops

Addicted to Softballfans
Well it was our first year together as a team and were mostly young (college age) so none of us have experience in this. We budgeted about $10,000 for this season so somewhere around that number would be nice.

Why in the hell do you need $10,000 for slowpitch softball?

Is everyone getting a new bat?

If you think ANY business will give you that, you're outta your damn mind. If you want to get that much money, you have to fundraise big time. Do raffles for big prizes (TV's, iPads, etc) and make ticket prices 5-10 bucks a pop. Sell a limited number so people think they have a better shot at winning.

Do a "Night at the Races". You can get tapes of past races and the horses have fake names and have people bet on them. Fire Departments around here do that all the time and they get a good showing.

Run a softball tournament. Or with college kids, go to a bar and see if you can have a fundraiser there and do a beer pong tournament.

You can do a cornhole tournament too. That will probably get a greater age group.

If you want to get 10K for your team, YOU need to do the work, because there's not one business who will invest 10K in a slowpitch softball team that there is next to no chance of them getting back.

cr4shpeg

Addicted to Softballfans
Try having a team only fantasy football league. Everyone pays 100 to enter, winner talks half, team takes half. Good way to make a few dollars for the team, and some of the smack talk you will hear over the winter is hilarious

Try having a team only fantasy football league. Everyone pays 100 to enter, winner talks half, team takes half. Good way to make a few dollars for the team, and some of the smack talk you will hear over the winter is hilarious

So your players are paying for themselves to play? Sounds like a great way to fundraise money to cut down on out of pocket costs to play....

niteshadow

Addicted to Softballfans
If you want 10k, the only real way to get it is prostitution.

Easiest targets are local politicians. Just promise to keep it on the down low and you'll be gtg in no time. And you only have to do it once, after that just blackmail him;) Or her would be better imho, but its really up to you.:D

chinny12

Gettin' Zapped!
My team has been together since 1999... We have been fortunate enough to receive over $5k (from a single source) only 2-3 times since then.

If you want something for free, you are in the wrong sport. Better start getting creative and work for it. While we still have generous sponsors, we work year round to earn what we have. I suggest doing the same.
- (8+) Winter indoor tournaments
- Night at the Races
- Golf outing
- Browns season tickets raffle

Get on board with some of these, have your players chip in $100+ and you will be well on your way. BTW - You don't need $4k in uni's, like many on this site (including us). Get some semi-dye, nice hats and one pair of pants and you'll be all set. That should chop out $2k, easily.

If you do happen to earn a sponsor, make sure you 1) support them by sending business/referrals their way and 2) Play respectful on the field and represent them properly. This is the only way you will prevent yourself from having to search for all new funding sources every season.

Good luck.

cr4shpeg

Addicted to Softballfans
So your players are paying for themselves to play? Sounds like a great way to fundraise money to cut down on out of pocket costs to play....

Well you're probably going to be playing in a fantasy football league anyway, why not try to kill two birds with one stone?

pnpxtreme

Lights Out Sports
My team has been together since 1999... We have been fortunate enough to receive over $5k (from a single source) only 2-3 times since then.

If you want something for free, you are in the wrong sport. Better start getting creative and work for it. While we still have generous sponsors, we work year round to earn what we have. I suggest doing the same.
- (8+) Winter indoor tournaments
- Night at the Races
- Golf outing
- Browns season tickets raffle

Get on board with some of these, have your players chip in $100+ and you will be well on your way. BTW - You don't need $4k in uni's, like many on this site (including us). Get some semi-dye, nice hats and one pair of pants and you'll be all set. That should chop out $2k, easily.

If you do happen to earn a sponsor, make sure you 1) support them by sending business/referrals their way and 2) Play respectful on the field and represent them properly. This is the only way you will prevent yourself from having to search for all new funding sources every season.

Good luck.

This. There are teams around here that spent wayyyyyy too much on unis.

Gallops

Addicted to Softballfans
Well you're probably going to be playing in a fantasy football league anyway, why not try to kill two birds with one stone?

Or they could just take the whole $100 each and put it towards the team and have twice as much money....