Need more pix of the new anderson back pack

rommel51

VP of Jock Strap cleaning
I have seen a couple pix. I wanna see some shoes in the bag. Gloves in the bag with a ball in it. Pix empty, pix with stuff in it.

I am leaning towards the boombah super. I really like the shoe compartment alot. I seen it in person. Very roomy and easy to get your shoes in and out. I just sold my OG anderson and looking to upgrade to either the super or the new anderson.

The major differences are:

-The side mesh pockets are large enough to hold softballs now

-The top pocket was enlarged to a size to accomodate a batters helmet, pitchers mask, etc

-I believe the shoe compartment was also enlarged..IDKFS

-Also, I believe the position of the bat sleeves were moved closer to the body..

-The hanging clips were changed out to large heavy duty plastic hooks (much easier to hang and take down now, imho)

chowder_pants

Addicted to Softballfans
just got my a few weeks ago.. I'll take some pics tonight for you

although, I must warn you, there will be a distinct lack of Anderson bats in the bag.... I'm trying to talk the ol lady into letting me fix that though!

rommel51

just got my a few weeks ago.. I'll take some pics tonight for you

although, I must warn you, there will be a distinct lack of Anderson bats in the bag.... I'm trying to talk the ol lady into letting me fix that though!

thanks a lot.

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
I'm not around to post pics but I can tell you that I hold equipment for me AND my wife in the bag. I get 2 pairs of Mizuno 9 spikes on the shoe compartment, 2 gloves for my wife plus her batting gloves in the middle compartment, my 2 gloves plus batting gloves, sunglasses and other misc stuff in the top compartment. We each get a shelf during games to store stuff as well. The pack does not lack space...ijs.

chowder_pants

Addicted to Softballfans
..................................no pix?

Sorry - I came home to a sick wife and a sick 5 month old. I'll make sure to take the pictures tonight and upload them. I have the pack in my truck, perhaps I can sneak away from work for a few minutes and snap some pics.
And jpplum13 is right, the thing is HUGE. I only carry 1 glove, a pair of turfs and a few practice balls along with some odds and ends. I have a compartment in the bag with nothing in it

Kaveman

Trend Setter
This is the only pic I have of the new bag I got last year. It is next to my grey original bag that finally died during the summer season. Hard to tell in this photo but there is a lot more space for stuff compared to the grey bag!:D

AndersonBackpack.jpg

chowder_pants

Addicted to Softballfans
I snapped some quick ones at work.. let me know if you need more or want to see another angle.

front view:
sdc10296s.jpg

1 side showing mesh ball carrier and valuables pocket at the bottom
sdc10298.jpg

other side of bag. Thats a 32 oz water bottle and another valuables pocket
sdc10297m.jpg

back showing fence hooks. They can be stored behind a flap under the handle
sdc10299e.jpg

top valuables pocket with key holder and hole for headphones
sdc10301a.jpg

main front compartment.. not much in there. Room for probably 12 balls
sdc10300r.jpg

Top loading compartment. 13.5" glove with room for at least 2 more
http://img602.imageshack.us/img602/2701/sdc10302.jpg
lower portion of front, showing shoe compartment (size 15 turfs in there) and the score book slot
sdc10304.jpg

same area all zipped up showing the mesh front. the liner of the shoe compartment can be pulled out to get the dirt out
sdc10303g.jpg

chowder_pants

Addicted to Softballfans
chowder_pants, you work at a newspaper??!?

Nope. My company designs and fabricates precast and prestressed concrete bridges, noise abatement walls, housing panels, etc. Our office isn't fancy. The flat files in the background are our old drawing storage (old blueprints and vellums).

rommel51

So to get the shoes in and out you still need to lie the bag down on its backside? Stiff walls inside the pockets would win me over quickly. I still confused on what to do. Boombah looks sweet and big but heard the CS sucks donkey balls. I never had a problem with my OG anderson bag.

jplum13

Eat the food Tina!
Mine is usually hanging on the fence when I'm dealing with shoes. I get 2 pairs in there. Mine side by side soles down, my wife's side by side soles up. Fit like a glove.

chowder_pants

Addicted to Softballfans
again, jplum is right on the money. While he bag is rigid enough to stand by itself, it would make more sense to me to hang the bag up and then remove the shoes. I wont be able to fit another pair in there though... damn big feet! The bag is rigid enough to stand by itself though. I was also thinking of the new boombah superpack and decided to go with the Anderson for 2 main reasons.
1. Its advertised as being able to hold size 15 shoes
2. From what everyone says, Anderson customer service is top notch
Eventhough Boombah is only a short drive from me, I decided to order from Notorious Sports just because of the rave reviews Natalie gets from the board bros.. I agree, she is great!

Frisco Kid

Addicted to Metal
again, jplum is right on the money. While he bag is rigid enough to stand by itself, it would make more sense to me to hang the bag up and then remove the shoes. I wont be able to fit another pair in there though... damn big feet! The bag is rigid enough to stand by itself though. I was also thinking of the new boombah superpack and decided to go with the Anderson for 2 main reasons.
Eventhough Boombah is only a short drive from me, I decided to order from Notorious Sports just because of the rave reviews Natalie gets from the board bros.. I agree, she is great!

Nat = the goodz.

She's the goodz that can give you the goodz.

She's GTG! :D:D:D

DSNuts48

Badass

So it will hold two boats?

rommel51

I wonder......If I took the boombah bag that frisco sent me and take the shelving out I could retro fit that inside the new anderson and get it to do what i what it to do.

Bukethead32

Happy meal TWINS....
NEW ANDERSON BAT PACK you asked for it and ABC listened and made it happen.....Bat sleeves were moved to the back!!!
2010-11-17084529.jpg

2010-11-17084541.jpg

2010-11-17084550.jpg

2010-11-17084558.jpg

Opens from the top... 13" glove, couple balls. Could hold a helmet catcher/pitcher.
2010-11-17084638.jpg

I was stoked to see it was the New bag with the bat sleeves in the back!!!
12 balls could easily hold 6 more
2010-11-17084813.jpg

velcro embroidery cover. Remove this and have whatever you want put on it!
2010-11-17084906.jpg

Shoe compartment (size 12 shoes) plenty of room for you big footed people.
2010-11-17085048.jpg

Pocket for scorebook.
2010-11-17085018.jpg

All of the compartments are seperated by its own individual pocket. Looks and feels durable. TONS of room. After pulling the top straps tighter bag felt snug. Lighter then it actually was (Good for your back). Great design! This bag can handle anything!

msc2360

reformed bat huer
Birthday coming up in a month.... think this might have to be on my wish list.... have had a couple of Anderson bags in the past, but really love the new design. I have an enlite right now that isn't bad, but I like the shelving style of the anderson better than the way the elite bag is set up. One thing I do like about my elite backpack is the shoulder straps... very easy to loosen and tighten up when taking off and on. Allows me to have it nice and snug when carrying, but easy to loosen strap to take it off quickly.

Piffd

where's the best place to pick one of these up? they look amazing!

Try sportsauthority.com when they run the Friends and Family 25% off or other coupons. The coupons exclude almost every bat manufacturer except Anderson.

Agree w/ SlapHappy, that's about as cheap as they get. SA friend's and family event is running next week from 4/7-4/13. If they carry the Anderson bag in your store, here's a printable coupon for 25% off a single item:

http://a.slickdeals.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=507601&d=1301420985