Need to replace my JD73

spank13

Everyday I'm shufflin'...
Loved the feel of that glove but it was stolen at a charity tourney and now I need to get a new glove. I play hardball as well and would love to use the glove for that (mostly pitcher and INF) as well as softball in the INF. I prefer open back and would like to avoid mesh. Any help would be appreciated!

chubs3a

Addicted to Softballfans
PM gofisch. He's pretty GTG.

Sorry about your glove getting stolen. I've had one miraculously "walk off" and it's not a good feeling. I had a JD73 once too and it was so so ***y.

I think there was a JD floating around in the fielding glove forum. Check it out.

bigbopp

Coach
I preferred the rv1961-l to jd personally. Doesn't play 12.75 in between 12.25 and 12.5 and wide. Not ideal for softball OF to me or it would be perfect all around glove but great for IF.

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
Spank I am restoring a limited jd-73 as we speak i'll get you pics. Where do you play in Socal?

spank13

Everyday I'm shufflin'...
I prefer an I-Web to any others. I've tried out the 1961 but was wondering about some of the other newer patterns...

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have a BV1961 12.75" closed web in walnut Optimus that may work for you, its a great baseball glove. Text for pics if you interested.

Last edited:

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd like to see a rv1961 in an Optimus leather. I have been contemplating on ordering a custom Optimus and am going to order a custom within the next week. Does anyone around OK have one or would just ship one to me to check out before I blindly order one?

Trung1130

FREE AGENT FOR LIFE
Camoninja. Lets meet up sometime I have a hybrid Optimus 1961 sittign in my room. Its black optimus leather in the palm and white limited leather on the back

Camoninja

Addicted to Softballfans
That's pretty sweet. I'm occasionally kind of close down that way playing at Mansfield unless the Job sends me down to Houston to train.... which is highly doubtful.