net for homemade pitching screen

SOFTBALLISKING

Beast from the Northeast
what kind of net should i be looking for? Planning on making a homemade screen consisting of pvc pipes, and some weights. Does Sports Auth. or ****s sell any nets that would do the job?

robpezon

Batting cage hero
I got a 4' x 14' piece of 1 3/4" square cut heavy duty net from Seattle Marine. Folded it over to be 7' tall and weaved rope through each square along the sides and tied it to close it up. Slides well over my frame. It's holding up real well.

TeamPlayer25

Addicted to Softballfans
wouldn't a well hit ball destroy a pvc pipe?

get the foam insulation to wrap around it and duct tape it. thats what i did and that thing has taken a few good shots in the last 6 months with no problem. plus, if you dont glue it together, you can replace a broken piece cheap.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I have the construction fencing on mine and it will tear after awhile, netting is better. The foam does work to protect the pvc, I used 3/4" which seems thin but it gives with the ball and soaks it right up.

marzie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Florida nets on ebay. Bought one and set it up in my backyard and hit off a tee into all the time. Works great and u can get any size u want.

deflaytedwayz

Starting Player
We built one with PVC and construction netting and it was OK, but the insulation didn't cover the corners and got blown out. I just picked up the conduit for mine and am just waiting for my netting.