Neutral Tasting Protein Powder

JPritch

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you guys have any recommendations for a neutral/no-taste protein powder? Seems everything is chocolate/vanilla/strawberry or some variation of it. I was hoping to find a quality protein that I can mix with things like juice or sports drinks if I wanted to. The usual flavors don't go too well with those. Thanks!

Fro Joe

Snowden is a hero.
Do you guys have any recommendations for a neutral/no-taste protein powder? Seems everything is chocolate/vanilla/strawberry or some variation of it. I was hoping to find a quality protein that I can mix with things like juice or sports drinks if I wanted to. The usual flavors don't go too well with those. Thanks!

Trueprotein sells unflavored protein. You can also make custom blends.

Onefiver

Addicted to Softballfans
Liquid egg whites are likely to be your best bet - barely detectable flavor when mixed in things (can make things slightly thicker, though). Try Egg Whites International.

Even a lot of unflavored whey protein isolates have a bit of flavor to them and they aren't always pleasant either - I have some ceramic filtered whey isolate and it is nasty - worse than a plain ol' WPC+WPI+Hydrolyzed blend.

gorillaboy55

Addicted to Softballfans
may i suggest isopure zero carb orange/banana/pineapple mixed in either orange or melon gatorade...WOW!!!

cmmoore628

Addicted to Softballfans
Optimum nutrition sells a natural or plain protein. Mix it with whatever. you can even cook/bake with it. hope this helps.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like vanilla with juice, but don't know about sports drinks. It makes orange taste like a creamsicle, and my favorite is V8 Fusion. Strawberry Banana is awesome with Vanilla.