NEW 2016 Boombah Dually bat

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
How much endload we talking about with the Dually? I usually swing 27oz balanced and then drop to a 26 if the endload is significant.

mcmurton

Addicted to Softballfans
Got to hit Dually outside today for 1st time. Hit a mix of 44's and 52's. Bat hit both balls well. It was not far behind a broken in DC41 and hit better than new Helmer's. No webbing on bat. Interested to see how much better bat will get with more swings.

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
Got to hit Dually outside today for 1st time.

Where were you hitting at? Curious how the fields were or if it was in an outdoor cage.

Finally decided to move my OG ASA Boss to get funds to pick up a Dually! Any word when these will be back in stock?

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
Where were you hitting at? Curious how the fields were or if it was in an outdoor cage.

Finally decided to move my OG ASA Boss to get funds to pick up a Dually! Any word when these will be back in stock?

I just "chatted" with them online. They said it is an "inventory issue". I asked if it was a performance issue and they just said inventory. They were not able to supply a date either. Just a "sorry for the inconvenience"

mcmurton

Addicted to Softballfans

We hit in Mentor. Field was in great shape except for soft spot in left field which doesn't get a lot of sun. Had to take advantage of 65 degree day in February.

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
I just "chatted" with them online. They said it is an "inventory issue". I asked if it was a performance issue and they just said inventory. They were not able to supply a date either. Just a "sorry for the inconvenience"

I believe someone posted in the Boss 3.0 thread that his USSSA Boss cracked under a hundo swings or so. I also believe a Rep may have said they pulled inventory to avoid any issues and to fix them. If I recall, he also said the run of these new bats were limited. Due to the fact they still have stock left on the 2014 and 2015 models!

We hit in Mentor. Field was in great shape except for soft spot in left field which doesn't get a lot of sun. Had to take advantage of 65 degree day in February.

I played indoor Saturday night at Lost Nations Sports Park, any chance you were there (no this is not SBF missed connections :thumb: )? I tried to get out Sunday but a few of the fields close to me were a hot mess. Looking at the forecast I hope I can get out next week!!

THESHOE

Starting Player
What's the consensus for the 52/300 ball?

Dually or Utrip BOSS 3.0? Or older Boss?

Just curious. Don't see much if any up here in Canada.

If I gave one a shot, which one would you recommend for 52 cor?

mcmurton

Addicted to Softballfans
I played indoor Saturday night at Lost Nations Sports Park, any chance you were there (no this is not SBF missed connections :thumb: )? I tried to get out Sunday but a few of the fields close to me were a hot mess. Looking at the forecast I hope I can get out next week!![/QUOTE]

Did not play Saturday at Lost Nation. I have not played indoor there for a couple of years. I probably should more since it is less than 10 mins from my house.

CA0

Starting Player
Sorry guys haven't been on here in a bit. The Dually will be back in stock around 1st week of April. The Usssa Boss will be back in stock around March 10th but will be limited supply. But more will be on the way around the same time as the Dually. If you guys ever have a question about these bats feel free to hit me up on Facebook or text me. Ross Huebner/314-660-7778

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans

And I hit in cages..... I knew there was a field that was hittable. We need a section for "Cleveland Outdoor hitting when it randomly hits 60+ degrees"

M

MJL 00

What's the consensus for the 52/300 ball?

Dually or Utrip BOSS 3.0? Or older Boss?

Just curious. Don't see much if any up here in Canada.

If I gave one a shot, which one would you recommend for 52 cor?

Sorry no utrip here in ND so only hit Dually and 14/15 Boss ASA.

The Dually seems to open up a lot sooner then the Boss ASA series does. But remember only @350 hits on my Dually so have to see how durable it is yet. I have over 2k hits on my 14 Boss and going strong and flat rakes the 52 ball IMO.

15 Boss only @150 hits so far nice still lil stiff needs more bp love

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans

The Dually seems to open up a lot sooner then the Boss ASA series does. But remember only @350 hits on my Dually so have to see how durable it is yet. I have over 2k hits on my 14 Boss and going strong and flat rakes the 52 ball IMO.

If you had to pick one of those as your gamer. Buying new today, which one are you taking?

mcmurton

Addicted to Softballfans
If you had to pick one of those as your gamer. Buying new today, which one are you taking?

I hit a 15 ASA Boss along with the Dually last weekend. Dually was about 20 feet ahead in distance during the 1st round of BP. After about 100 hits it closed the gap some, but was still behind the Dually. Dually feels more endloaded as well. I think with time the 15 Boss will be just as good as the Dually. I would take Dually since it can be used in any sanction. Not much ASA around me.

figuringitout

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit a 15 ASA Boss along with the Dually last weekend. Dually was about 20 feet ahead in distance during the 1st round of BP. After about 100 hits it closed the gap some, but was still behind the Dually. Dually feels more endloaded as well. I think with time the 15 Boss will be just as good as the Dually. I would take Dually since it can be used in any sanction. Not much ASA around me.

Great info, I know that I will be dropping an oz to offset the endload on the dually. What about throwing the '14 in the mix too. NIW they are dirt cheap.

greg1292

Coed bomb dropper........

You inspired me so I went for the 14 ASA for 89.00 from what you are saying I do not see how I can go wrong. Looks like a Miken or Worth in construction.

rammieib

Are either the Boombah Boss XRT 3.0 or the Boombah Boss XRT 3.0 Dually ASA approved? OR do I need to drop to the 2.0 XRT ASA bat to have an ASA approval?

Thanks

greg1292

Coed bomb dropper........
Well the 2.0 Asa is also hot after 200 swings with
44/525's. These bats remind of psyco endload

doublebagel

Manager
My dually just came today, I was hoping to use it in league tonight but mother nature had other plans and rained us out. I hope to get a video review up with LSX/freak soon.

It feels end loaded but I took some dry swings in the garage and it swings fairly smooth. Compared to the balanced bats I have (st100 & 16 Asa baker) the baker felt the lightest and st100 was the heaviest. All 27oz. I don't think you should have to go down an ounce with the dually.

doublebagel

Manager
Got a chance to hit the dually today, no video yet sorry.
84 degrees out
I hit about 3 rounds (2 more from my BP partner) of brand new classic m's and a few evil 44/400's (new non assoc ones).
Got around 120-150 hits on it now and its getting through the infield nicely. Hit on a baseball field and I'd say I was getting around 300-320ft in the gap, other guy hit a few out 330-340 down the corner.
I wasn't trying for distance because I wanted to square them up to break it in and hit my spot in the 4 hole.

Hit 2 league ASA 52/300's and they flew well, this rubbery coating on the barrel will help a lot with those.

So far I'm impressed.

Last edited:

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
You inspired me so I went for the 14 ASA for 89.00 from what you are saying I do not see how I can go wrong. Looks like a Miken or Worth in construction.

^^^This for the money^^^

After swinging the first one I got in a trade, I traded for another. If this bat needs break-in, then I can't wait until it does break in. Less than 200 hits, I just arm-swung one with no legs into it to the fence into a 10-15 mph headwind.

I would take this bat over a Flipper or Miken any day of the week, especially since they are less than half the price.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Been swinging the 15' Freak Black (black/red) and recently broke my backup Legit (white/green). Thinking about the Boss but the ASA 2.0 is the only one that comes in 30oz.

Any comparisons?