new 2016 juggy og

tmett57

Coach
I have swung this bat and it is pure fire. There are already a good amount in our league and definitely see guys doing better with it than they normally would but, I know of two people have tested them out of the wrapper and failed compression test anybody else having this issue as well.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I have swung this bat and it is pure fire. There are already a good amount in our league and definitely see guys doing better with it than they normally would but, I know of two people have tested them out of the wrapper and failed compression test anybody else having this issue as well.

How do you think it compares to previous models and where in Oregon are you ?

d-wreck7

Addicted to Softballfans

Lol Solid info.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Put 20 swings on mine. Really good just like the last 3 years. Has about 8 lines of webbing. Barrel has little crisper feel but ball still go really far. Game ready as soon as wrapper is peeled.

Last edited:

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I guess I got a crappy one.:(

Mine felt great, stiffer than previous models and had an odd metallic sound out of the wrapper. Performance was lacking from the start, but now with about 200 swings on it its getting better but still behind my freak USA that is supposed to have the same amount of swings.

The sound has changed a bit so I have no doubt it will be very good with another few rounds on it.

SBG SHREK

Coach
I guess I got a crappy one.:(

Mine felt great, stiffer than previous models and had an odd metallic sound out of the wrapper. Performance was lacking from the start, but now with about 200 swings on it its getting better but still behind my freak USA that is supposed to have the same amount of swings.

The sound has changed a bit so I have no doubt it will be very good with another few rounds on it.

I had a similiar experience!!! Might of given up to soon on it possibly!?!?!??

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Mine had a metallic sound for about 3 swings but I hit the first 10 pitches out and saw enough to put it away for games. The barrel is not as explosive feeling as previous Juggys or the Insane. Doesnt feel like the Cluggy's barrel which almost feels like a mix of a Juggy and Fu Dawg. Barrel feels similar to the One Senior bats to me. Mine is a 27oz which every year since J3A the 28 and 30's feel much stiffer and need much more break in.

kobe008

Addicted to Softballfans
I got a 27oz and took the wrapper off right before my indoor game. 3rd swing with it sent one deep over left field wall. I'd say it is hotter than previous years juggys right out of the wrapper.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I got a 27oz and took the wrapper off right before my indoor game. 3rd swing with it sent one deep over left field wall. I'd say it is hotter than previous years juggys right out of the wrapper.

I don't even know if that's possible, js.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't even know if that's possible, js.

I didn't think so either. Tested 2014 Juggy in wrapper I bought last year and was barely passing at 1550. Tmett said couple OG's they tested new failed. I will go Cluggy for anything that needs to pass and OG for everything else. I will test mine soon as I get a chance but almost guarantee its gonna fail with how it hit.

MPT23

Putting on the foil
I didn't think so either. Tested 2014 Juggy in wrapper I bought last year and was barely passing at 1550. Tmett said couple OG's they tested new failed. I will go Cluggy for anything that needs to pass and OG for everything else. I will test mine soon as I get a chance but almost guarantee its gonna fail with how it hit.

My 27 oz j5 was just completely stupid after about 25 cuts is the only reason I say that. If the OG is hotter it's than that, I need to experience that. Have you scaled your 27 yet ? Interested to hear.

M

MJL 00

I truly believe in some weights are better on some models, I know sounds crazy but hit ALOT of weights in ALOT of Demarinis and some are better then others my .02

fear35

Just the tip
I truly believe in some weights are better on some models, I know sounds crazy but hit ALOT of weights in ALOT of Demarinis and some are better then others my .02

I would have to agree with you. I normally swing 28oz, but the 27oz seem to hit better on some models and others 28oz hit better then 27oz. For example 27oz J3A was better then my 28oz J3A where my 28oz Uflip hit better then my 27oz Uflip. It could be all in my head too.

MPT23

Putting on the foil

27 oz j5 > 28 oz j4 > 28 oz j3. I put a ton of swings on the j3 with rocks b4 giving up on it. Just my personal experience and couldn't possibly agree more with you.

M

MJL 00

And that exactly right personal experience.

For me like 25.5 Futures, kill with them and I usually swing 27. The 27.5 swing a tish light but felt like a turd both that I had. Odd maybe, but to me even at my old age its all bout feel and confidence

tjsully47

He hates these cans !!
Demarini couldn't get the J3A 28s and 30s to pass the new testing so those weights have the J3U barrel which we all know was a flop . You can say I'm full of bologna, but I have friends here in WA who talk to CL and DB from Demarini and that is what they told them .
I know this is true for the J3A and black juggy but haven't heard about the two most recent ones but I'd assume the same .

tmett57

Coach
I would say the two that I have swung have a bit crisper or stiffer barrel at first but they are fire. Was at a tournament this weekend and there was some basically out of wrapper that were dropping bombs.

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
I got my 27oz Juggy in Saturday and hit with it. We were using Classic M with a mix of 44 and 52s and right out of the wrapper was fire. Ball comes of this bat with great exit speed and ball was easily going over 315' and by the end of BP everyone was using this bat and racked up over 150 cuts on it really quick. Hit with it again Sunday and just keeps getting better. Don't see any issues so far with durability but only has around 200 cuts on it. This bat might be replacing my Future as my gamer this year for ASA but we will see probably next BP I will be comparing my two futures against the Juggy.

015reddog

Certified Slacker
I got my 27oz Juggy in Saturday and hit with it. We were using Classic M with a mix of 44 and 52s and right out of the wrapper was fire. Ball comes of this bat with great exit speed and ball was easily going over 315' and by the end of BP everyone was using this bat and racked up over 150 cuts on it really quick. Hit with it again Sunday and just keeps getting better. Don't see any issues so far with durability but only has around 200 cuts on it. This bat might be replacing my Future as my gamer this year for ASA but we will see probably next BP I will be comparing my two futures against the Juggy.

Aren't classic Ms like 40/325? Why would you hit anything but 52/300 with an ASA only bat? I don't get it.

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
Aren't classic Ms like 40/325? Why would you hit anything but 52/300 with an ASA only bat? I don't get it.

Yes pretty close to sticker I think my was 27.1. and the reason we are hitting Classic M's is because are league for ASA still uses 44/375 and there are no sanctioned ASA tournaments in Colorado or New Mexico only NSA and Utrip.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
Our league is 44/375 with asa bats. Many of the tournaments are as well. Utrip and nsa are almost non existent here. I have had no real issues with demarini's breaking early and rarely do I hit a 52/300 except in few tournies and 1 league night in next town over. My bp buddies all have there own bats and we are careful which bats we hit in what weather and when a bat gets to gamer only, we keep it at home. Even the early paint cracks do not worry me. As I have had few Juggies given to me for almost nothing that had paint cracks. 500 hits later with stadium balls the bats will sometimes keep going. I have found the Cluggy to be crazy durable for how well it hits. I hit mine in any weather with any ball with no worry. I would not do this with a Aftermath that is only made for 52/300 but see many of them around here that do with no issues. My Og Juggy has 60 hits with 44/375 in weather under 60 and few lines of webbing like most really glossy finished bats get. I will put few hundred more hits on it to decide if I will game it over my Cluggys. Once I get all 3 to gamer I decide on a keeper trade off the others and get few more to break in. Hot bats for everyone.

Waggs

Addicted to Softballfans
I not sure you can find a team anywhere here that doesn't have at least one of the newer model Juggys. Not that long ago I maybe saw one team besides mine that even owned a demarini. Now every dugout is 75% demarini. I love it.

anthony5910

Addicted to SBF
I not sure you can find a team anywhere here that doesn't have at least one of the newer model Juggys. Not that long ago I maybe saw one team besides mine that even owned a demarini. Now every dugout is 75% demarini. I love it.

I noticed that last year as well. For tournament it's a little different most people swing worth or miken but those are Utrip tournaments. For league last year I think most teams were swinging either the Juggy or Mercy.

MPT23

Putting on the foil

Seriously...........

kgarrison3

Manager
Waggs is dead on, I bet a easy 75% swing Demar in the ASA leagues around here. Now when you go north, or south for Utrip Miken and Worth are everywhere.