New bat company??

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
If you are not designing (engineering) your own bats then how can anything really be a secret? If you are not a mechanical engineer (by educational means or practical experience) you would have to relate in laymen terms what you wanted to do mechanically to make the bat better, then the manufacture would have to engineer it and would be limited by there engineering (and production capability). You would also be limited by your budgetary constraints . I think that is why most of the money is spent on marketing, not design, innovation, materials or tool or machinery. But I do wish you guys good luck and would like to participate in any So Cal demo you may have.

I forgot to mention the off shore issue, I know most companys have out of the box template designs that they would offer you and even if you used your own the chances of this remaining proprietary are slim to none.

efigueroa12

Addicted to Softballfans
I got to hold the Az Demo and all I can say it This bat is amazing. Had great exit speed. Distance was there. Put close or more than 1000 hits. All with 44s and it held up fine. No cracks rattles or seams. Everyone who hit it love it. The sound changed from a crack to a shotgun sound. It is said to be a EL but felt between a ML and EL. Felt nice through the zone. I think it will hang with some of my Asa gamers. I'm not a HR hitter, just a line drive hitter so it felt as good as my insane and Juggy.

Last edited:

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
I was going to go Friday night, but my daughter got sick and I had to be a dad. Freaking priorities. Really wanted to try it out.

That said, I still don't understand the "line drive" bat vs "homerun" bat. That's nonsense in my mind. It has good exit speed or it doesn't. Exit speed = distance (with spin and other factors taken into consideration, but the two are still directly related).

tumblebug

My name is NEO!
I still don't understand the "line drive" bat vs "homerun" bat. That's nonsense in my mind.

I agree with this. If there are such animals, the differentiation would logically be in the end weighting. The two things at play here are inertia and momentum.

M

MJL 00

I got to hold the Az Demo and all I can say it This bat is amazing. Had great exit speed. Distance was there. Put close or more than 1000 hits. All with 44s and it held up fine. No cracks rattles or seams. Everyone who hit it love it. The sound changed from a clack to a shotgun sound. It is said to be a EL but felt between a ML and EL. Felt nice through the zone. I think it will hang with some of my Asa gamers. I'm not a HR hitter, just a line drive hitter so it felt as good as my insane and Juggy.

I was going to go Friday night, but my daughter got sick and I had to be a dad. Freaking priorities. Really wanted to try it out.

That said, I still don't understand the "line drive" bat vs "homerun" bat. That's nonsense in my mind. It has good exit speed or it doesn't. Exit speed = distance (with spin and other factors taken into consideration, but the two are still directly related).

I agree with this. If there are such animals, the differentiation would logically be in the end weighting. The two things at play here are inertia and momentum.

Sorry lil lost???? Who said homerun bat. Too quote he said he is not a HR hitter but line drives felt good. Don't see anything bout home bat or line drive bat? Many say this due to they get better distance out of a bat. Ex: for me, to use an Anderson comparison I hit some true bombs with my og RT. In metal league I just couldn't stop hitting the Nanotek it was such a great liner bat for me. I didn't swing for the fence cause it felt so good cause hit a great sinker ball after getting thru the IF.

Anyway this will be a debt forever if you ask me. Carry on....

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
It's all personal feel, so yeah I believe in the so-called hr & line drive bats. Just don't start a thread or claim a bat to be that kind of bat. It works that way for YOU.

tumblebug

My name is NEO!
Sorry lil lost???? Who said homerun bat. Too quote he said he is not a HR hitter but line drives felt good. Don't see anything bout home bat or line drive bat? Many say this due to they get better distance out of a bat. Ex: for me, to use an Anderson comparison I hit some true bombs with my og RT. In metal league I just couldn't stop hitting the Nanotek it was such a great liner bat for me. I didn't swing for the fence cause it felt so good cause hit a great sinker ball after getting thru the IF.

Anyway this will be a debt forever if you ask me. Carry on....

I didn't read that far back. I replied to the person I quoted. But your example illustrates my point perfectly. The OG RT was considerably more end loaded than the NT. Back in the day, before the rules changed, end loading was the way the big boys liked it. I used to make custom bats for Mike Macenko that had 8 ounces of end load. That guy could hit a ball so far it would hit him in the back on the fly.

M

MJL 00

It's all personal feel, so yeah I believe in the so-called hr & line drive bats. Just don't start a thread or claim a bat to be that kind of bat. It works that way for YOU.

I didn't read that far back. I replied to the person I quoted. But your example illustrates my point perfectly. The OG RT was considerably more end loaded than the NT. Back in the day, before the rules changed, end loading was the way the big boys liked it. I used to make custom bats for Mike Macenko that had 8 ounces of end load. That guy could hit a ball so far it would hit him in the back on the fly.

Totally agree with you fellas

efigueroa12

Addicted to Softballfans
Not trying to confuse anyone. I was just stating that I don't have homerun power. That I'm mainly a line driver hitter. And the line drives that I did hit were great hits with great exit speed.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****

I agree with you 100% the guy who showed me and worked with me around my home area when I was young and had just come out of hardball was the same way. He had bats coming from Mike etc with 4-6 oz in the end. I couldn't get those around obviously but he could and can still absolutely mash a ball.

Actually you may know him I'll send you a pm and we can chat. I bought my very first Anderson from him back many years ago. Its was the red techwrap which I loved and to this day is still up on my list of favorites bats of all time. I used that in my first national tourney up here and at the time the Ultra 2 and first batch Synergy had just come out so everyone was getting into the composite craze. I remember teams laughing at me coming to the plate with this metal bat. I still had no issue hitting that rock of a ball out of the 300' fence. It was a great time back then. lol

MB

ramseiert

Starting Player
I got to hold the Az Demo and all I can say it This bat is amazing. Had great exit speed. Distance was there. Put close or more than 1000 hits. All with 44s and it held up fine. No cracks rattles or seams. Everyone who hit it love it. The sound changed from a clack to a shotgun sound. It is said to be a EL but felt between a ML and EL. Felt nice through the zone. I think it will hang with some of my Asa gamers. I'm not a HR hitter, just a line drive hitter so it felt as good as my insane and Juggy.

efiguroa12,
I'm part of the ABC team. We appreciate the feedback. That's exactly what the demo/ beta phase is for, to hear the likes and dislikes of the bat. We want to hear it all, from the way it feels and performs to the way it looks and sounds. Speaking of sound, I noticed you said the "clack changed to a shotgun sound". Did you mean to say "crack changed to a shotgun sound"? We all know which bats make the "clack" sound. As not to add fuel to fire that was recently started, I was just checking if that's what you really meant?

efigueroa12

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone take comp test on these to see how they hold up?

Pears, From what I know ABC has done extensive testing on these bats. On a ASA tester.

N.O.W: 1475-1500 psi
AT 1000 hits: 1325 psi
And the lowest they have seen on bat with 3000+ hits and a paint crack was 1200 psi

at the AZ demo I just held this past weekend we only hit 44s and this bat held up. We did about 1000 hits on 1 bat all 44s. no issues at all. just some webbing that's it.

I hope this helps bud,

Last edited:

pears

Addicted to Softballfans
Pears, From what I know ABC has done extensive testing on these bats. On a ASA tester.

N.O.W: 1475-1500 psi
AT 1000 hits: 1325 psi
And the lowest they have seen on bat with 3000+ hits and a paint crack was 1200 psi

at the AZ demo I just held this past weekend we only hit 44s and this bat held up. We did about 1000 hits on 1 bat all 44s. no issues at all. just some webbing that's it.

I hope this helps bud,

That does help, thank you sir! Great info there

efigueroa12

Addicted to Softballfans
IMG_2594.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/Eij7hmGVzm4[/ame]

doublebagel

Manager
Of all the videos I've seen, that chick and one of the guys (bigger guy w/ white hat in the cage) had the best looking swing. Never trust a switch hitter lol. Bat sounds good.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Not trying to keep up, but we are forecasting 30's with rain/snow tonight for a DH. I barely get time to bp my own bats though, so not trying to get on testing.

M

MJL 00

This bat looks and sounds like Monsta.
What's the difference?

All shell bats with that barrel length look the same so if your going to compare you can say, Legits, Boss, AM also...

Sound wise, you couldn't be more wrong no offense :) . Might as well say sounds like a Super Z also.

Steal a prototype and find out.

:tool:

:yawn:

:thumb:

tumblebug

My name is NEO!
All shell bats with that barrel length look the same so if your going to compare you can say, Legits, Boss, AM also...

This is not at all true. A bat is a resonant system. The length AND SHAPE of the taper as well as the connection method are much more important than most know. The shape on this bat, as far as I can tell has a taper with a straight section that connects with the barrel using compound radii. This bat has a similar taper to a DeMarini as opposed to full compound radii like an Easton or Combat. This structure has a profound effect on the sound much like that of the shape of a bell.