New bat company??

tumblebug

My name is NEO!
It is sort of like the multi-layer balls that have since been banned. I do think ASA has figured out how to test these bats to make sure they do not exceed the 98MPH BBS though. Not just compression testing but the actual certification testing.

The main feature in all of the non linear bats is some sort of internal limiting device. Like the discs in the Zs and Combats. I believe the Demarini, Monstas, and others use a foam insert inside inner barrel.

The BBS test is defeatable, I'm just say'n.

tumblebug

My name is NEO!
Of all the people here I'm sure you know better than most. That's sincere, not sarcastic.

Thanks for your explanation, as well as the others who replied. I appreciate the thought exercise. It makes me want to get back in the game. And, thanks for the kind words.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
This is how LS describes their system (Combat's is similar)

techpanelxenos1idfp_zpscwflvzcy.jpg

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Does the tech hold up to the hype?

IMO yes, especially with the 52/300's. When this tech first started, they were the bats to have, especially when some leagues were still using the 44/375.

I will say that the Demarini's that don't have their "divergence technology" like the Flipper and the new Mikens are catching up to the out of wrapper performance and overall performance of bats that are non-linear, but they also tend to fail compression really quickly.

Of course, now that USSSA and ASA have gone to the 52 core ball, a well used metal doublewall will perform almost just as well.....

tumblebug

My name is NEO!
IMO yes, especially with the 52/300's. When this tech first started, they were the bats to have, especially when some leagues were still using the 44/375.

I will say that the Demarini's that don't have their "divergence technology" like the Flipper and the new Mikens are catching up to the out of wrapper performance and overall performance of bats that are non-linear, but they also tend to fail compression really quickly.

Of course, now that USSSA and ASA have gone to the 52 core ball, a well used metal doublewall will perform almost just as well.....

The desire to soften the barrel has spawned different approaches for different reasons over the years. The new, softer balls make some of those old efforts reasonable again. It will be interesting to see what happens.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az

I will say that the Demarini's that don't have their "divergence technology" like the Flipper and the new Mikens are catching up to the out of wrapper performance and overall performance of bats that are non-linear, but they also tend to fail compression really quickly. ..

The Juggy is not "non-linear," and it has been as good as any non-linear bat out (aftermath, dna, z, etc), and has been since the new standard came about (J3A, '14, and '15 Juggy. Haven't swung the '16.).

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
This would imply that my "hunch" that my older double wall bats preform as well or better on new ASA ball, especially on warm days with game balls that have been sitting in the heat of the day. I actually first noticed this about five years ago on extremely hot day. I had a 6:30 league game and they kept the balls in a shed on the field. I saw guys that usually had good mechanics and bat speed hit balls that just did not seem to come off the bat well. I used a newer Rocketech and my exit speed was better than other hitters using the old standard ASA bats, all brands but many considered top tier bats. Lately I have seen the same with single wall and newer ASA bats on a SB12 ball. Some players using a newer Chinese made double wall, with better results than the other bats. The SB12 balls have been extremely hard for me to hit well ass I seem to often not square them up well. Luckily for me a 6 inch hit is not called a bunt when I swing all the way through, LOL>

sjury

The Old Man
Put me down for the R in R&D. Do you have a demo program?

At this time we do not plan to have bats ready to sell until the start of 2017. If things stay on track which so far they have. Stay tuned to the facebook page for a contest of sorts coming though. This may or may not get you a prototype stick early.

MB

MBplayer....if you get a bat to Kyle, kspec24, he would have a dozen guys at a field the next Saturday to hit it, all various brand lovers, size hitters, ages, etc... Milwaukee, WI area would flock to. Test it.

jglassy

Coach
(vlcmstnaz ^^^on that same topic, has ABC found someone to host a AZ demo yet?)

We do have a bat in transit to you area. probably in the next few days we will have more info.

Jason

Livestrong63

Addicted to Softballfans
So far I can say they the guys from this company have awesome communication. They respond fast on facebook and SBF. External customer service is just as important as the product that someone is selling and if the way they deal with customers is a reflection of the bats..... I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity to swing one of these!

jglassy

Coach
@livestrong63 we're extremely excited about the product, We're trying our best to get demo models out. Nothing could have prepared us for the humbling response we received.

Last edited:

tumblebug

My name is NEO!
Just a couple of quick questions:

Perhaps I'm missing something, what is an "nonlinear design"?

The components in a resin over fiber composite are fairly limited, how are the materials different?

Composite production processes are a fairly mature technology, How are the processes unique?

I know that keeping proprietary information close to the vest is important, especially if the intellectual property is not protectable. However, making vague claims to the uniqueness of the product begs for clarification. Unique is not a selling point if it is a mystery.

My second and third questions were not addressed. What say you?

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
The Juggy is not "non-linear," and it has been as good as any non-linear bat out (aftermath, dna, z, etc), and has been since the new standard came about (J3A, '14, and '15 Juggy. Haven't swung the '16.).

True, although the J3A was also notorious for failing compression between 500-1000 hits.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
My second and third questions were not addressed. What say you?

-34" length
-2,1/4" barrel
-2 piece construction
-Hand crafted 13.5" Composite barrel multi wall design.
- hand crafted composite 200 flex handle considered to be a mid stiff handle
- mid to slightly end loaded feel
- 46mm end knob
- thermoplastic resin end cap
- designed for hitting core .52 balls
- will be seeking non linear status.
- will be seeking ASA only certification.

We aren't at Liberty to discuss the inner workings of our designs as patents are pending.

I also don't think we ever claimed to have a unique design or that we have revolutionized the softball bat world? We are just four guys chasing a dream and if we make a few people happy swinging our products as we try and achieve that goal then it's been a great accomplishment.

Thx MB

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
^^^well said. and, i think it is unreasonable to ask to see behind the curtain. make a good bat and keep your CS top shelf and you'll sell a lot of product.

(also, try and keep prices down)

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I would suggest a short warranty period ( 90 days?) to help keep the cost down. To me if bat is truly defective it should break before then.

I would suggest a short warranty period ( 90 days?) to help keep the cost down. To me if bat is truly defective it should break before then.

My job title is actually reliability engineer. Generally you don't want to put a shorter warranty on something than your competitors because it implies it is cheap or low quality. It's better to eat the 1-2% extra claims than it is to lose 5% on sales because of what the warranty implies. If it is a well made product, the majority of failures will be manufacturing defects that appear as infant failures. Extending the warranty through the lowest point of the bathtub curve doesn't hurt much. Look how quickly Easton went back to a 1 year warranty after they dropped it to 6 months.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
Good point there.

Then maybe find a way to track receipt authenticity/verify that the receipt provided is for the bat returned? I'm surprised DeMarini hasn't started doing what the rest have, with matching stickers and whatnot.

lx_2nv

Coach
If you have one heading to the DMV area I would love to swing it...or if you need someone to send one to I can get a group together to hit it.