New CL22 SBF exclusive bat and very few posts about it...

BennyG1982

Coins/Gentile Realty
Need a new ASA bat this year and this one is screaming for me… why all the quiet???? Usually there is a good mix of cautious optimism and outlandish homerism by now.

Is it legit or what?

Ignite-la

Addicted to Softballfans
I don't know if this is credible but I heard from a good source that this bat is going to be legit. Take it with a grain of salt. But I got sold on one also lol.

ball go far

Addicted to Softballfans
They all push the limits, find the one that fits you, hopefully this is it.

this is a true statement, 90% of the top on the line bats will perform the same
only differences will be the hotness outta the wrapper, feel and durability
but i am only throwing in my .02

Damo

<font color=#cc3333"> MADE IN CANADA!</font>
I personally don't care or listen to people's reviews, as everyone is different, I hated the rd28 over hyped IMO
Get one try it if you don't like it move it, best things about these boards

I have 2 coming in for whatever reason dont even use new Asa up here in the north but want to give them a try!

thelastsamurai

Addicted to Softballfans
I had an rd28, I thought it was the best bat at the time. Now all these new bats are pretty good and pretty equal. But for ASA the Demarini's are crazy popular right now.

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
Saw one in action this weekend (at least it looked like it)..bat was HOT & most of the team was swinging it.

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
Didn't think it was released yet, but considering where I live..it might be possible.

fierce_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
I personally don't care or listen to people's reviews, as everyone is different, I hated the rd28 over hyped IMO
Get one try it if you don't like it move it, best things about these boards

I have 2 coming in for whatever reason dont even use new Asa up here in the north but want to give them a try!

agreed. I gave up on trying all the 'hyped' up bats a while ago, but now I don't even trust the reviews of 'bad' bats.

the j3u is my favourite new stamp utrip so far(haven't swung the cl22 I got over the winter yet) and no number of negative reviews will change the fact I actually hit well with it...

once you know WHAT you like about bats, the reviews can be helpful. for example, I no longer try any bat that is described as 'stiff' and I generally put balanced bats higher up on my priority list than endloaded. and sometimes it's nice to hear about the break in and durability. if a bunch of ppl start saying a bat needs a ton of swings to break in, it's good to know not to give up on it after 40hits.

BennyG1982

Coins/Gentile Realty
I feel like I am pretty adaptable, but I never liked the stadium or the cartel. I do have the one.12 and have had a lot of success with it.

I haven't bought any if the demars in the last couple of years... It has been all metal... So I am looking at getting an ASA stick this year

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Let's do this RD28 was the best ASA, till Flipper was the end all for 52s, till the Mercy, till the Aftermath, till the J3A, till the.... you get the point.

I'll wait till someone makes a great bat, that will last 1000 swings and not fail compression after 200 through 1000. Till then I've given up on trying to keep up with the "joneses".

azsoftball

Whatever
Let's do this RD28 was the best ASA, till Flipper was the end all for 52s, till the Mercy, till the Aftermath, till the J3A, till the.... you get the point.

I'll wait till someone makes a great bat, that will last 1000 swings and not fail compression after 200 through 1000. Till then I've given up on trying to keep up with the "joneses".

Gonna be a long wait for you Chen :thumb:

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
Gonna be a long wait for you Chen :thumb:

****, I've only played 5 tournaments in the last 2 years. Somehow still bought 6 new bats last year. So you're probably right at this point it doesn't even matter anymore. Saw thekid break a J3A in like 10 swings at league last year. He got it in the mail, grabbed it for league, unwrapped it in the dugout, and it was done by end of night.

Doug

Old and Grumpy
I have J3A 27 and 28 left over from last year, and ordered the CL22 ASA 27 and the F4T4RE 27.5. Haven't had any problems whatsoever with J3A durability using 52's. I'm somewhat skeptical that either of the new bats will surpass the J3A for distance, but hoping that a stiffer handle will increase consistency. I also picked up a cheap NIW XL2 28. If none of the new ones pan out I know for sure that the J3A will work.

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
Was told they would start being shipped in late January, so hopefully everyones questions will be answered very soon.

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
****, I've only played 5 tournaments in the last 2 years. Somehow still bought 6 new bats last year. So you're probably right at this point it doesn't even matter anymore. Saw thekid break a J3A in like 10 swings at league last year. He got it in the mail, grabbed it for league, unwrapped it in the dugout, and it was done by end of night.

So your saying he sharktoothed it in 10 swings:rolleyes: It was more likely a paint crack and that would be far from done

joonyah9

Addicted to Softballfans
Ask yourself this....would you put YOUR name on a bat that will not meet YOUR expectations? Do some research...ALL the bats that have someone's name on it have always been the most popular ones. Hall, Helmer, Larson... The list goes on and on. I wouldn't worry about it....just watch!!!

Lord7

Banned User
Ask yourself this....would you put YOUR name on a bat that will not meet YOUR expectations? Do some research...ALL the bats that have someone's name on it have always been the most popular ones. Hall, Helmer, Larson... The list goes on and on. I wouldn't worry about it....just watch!!!

Heck yeah I would and so would anyone else. Helmer has had some flops... Still gets paid.... Johnny Hammer is probably even happy.

dychen

Phoenix SuperDraft
So your saying he sharktoothed it in 10 swings:rolleyes: It was more likely a paint crack and that would be far from done

He sent it in and was covered under warranty so yeah it broke. Btw, your comment :rolleyes: is bordering on fanboy ridiculous. As if a paint crack in 10 swings should be acceptable quality as well.

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
He sent it in and was covered under warranty so yeah it broke. Btw, your comment :rolleyes: is bordering on fanboy ridiculous. As if a paint crack in 10 swings should be acceptable quality as well.

Yes, but justwhippin would probably say just slap some packaging tape, and gorilla glue on it and you're GTG :biggthumpup: at the end of the day I had a $230 bp bat since it got thrown out of that league, my other two leagues and would not be legal for tournament play.......but that's not something the fan boys realize with these things, and it's a shame. Demarini crushed it this year with the ASA bats and if the new ones are 30 ft worse in distance but more durable I'd take that over a j3 any day....

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans

I'm not saying i like that it paint cracks but i deal with it because of the performance and the 3 leagues i played in last year not 1 said a word about my j3a. If you want no paint cracks you should proably stick with just hitting 52's with the j3a because anything harder and it will eventually paint crack. I hit a mix of balls and a couple of my j3's paint cracked under a hundred hits but a few j3's i had lasted 500 to 1000 hits before it got the paint crack. It would be nice to have a bat like a j3a with no paint issues hitting harder balls but that's just the way it was and with those issues was still proably the hottest selling bat last year from demarini. I'm all for a more durable juggy but not if it affects the performance to much

justwhippin

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes, but justwhippin would probably say just slap some packaging tape, and gorilla glue on it and you're GTG :biggthumpup: at the end of the day I had a $230 bp bat since it got thrown out of that league, my other two leagues and would not be legal for tournament play.......but that's not something the fan boys realize with these things, and it's a shame. Demarini crushed it this year with the ASA bats and if the new ones are 30 ft worse in distance but more durable I'd take that over a j3 any day....
The 28 and 30oz j3a's were just like you said you would like....way more durable with no paint cracks but the performance was not the same

rommel

Addicted to Softballfans
So what's the deal with this bat? Its late January yet no word on it shipping? My wife ordered this bat for me as a Christmas gift hoping I would have it late this month...

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Sorry for the delay. Update per Coach:

CL22 ASA Shipment
Just an update from DeMarini. We expect the first shipment to leave DeMarini on 2/12 so we should have it the week of the 17th and we are scheduled to receive enough for all preorders. We'll send them right out, any additional orders get them now!

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Damn you Saint :D

I figured it would be Feb as well.....why not? All the other ones come out then........ What Coach did was genius (IMO) to get orders........

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
Damn you Saint :D

I figured it would be Feb as well.....why not? All the other ones come out then........ What Coach did was genius (IMO) to get orders........
:D

He only tell us what he's told from Manufacturers.