New DeMarini Steel?

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
Looks like there is a 2018 DeMarini Steel ... pics in the Direct Sports catalog, although I couldn’t find it on the DeMarini website. True? Anybody swing one? Comparisons to the 2016 Raw Steel and 2014 White Steel?

legend4130

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like there is a 2018 DeMarini Steel ... pics in the Direct Sports catalog, although I couldn’t find it on the DeMarini website. True? Anybody swing one? Comparisons to the 2016 Raw Steel and 2014 White Steel?

It’s supposed to come out early April. There’s a few places that are offering pre orders on the Steel. I’d have to guess it’s just a repaint of the 16 Steel.

BigShep

Who's Your Daddy!
Thanks, guys. That makes sense. I’ve owned 5 Steels including the OG White and Raw. Different models perform slightly differently, but only slightly. Guess I’ll have to wait until April to find out about the new one unless anybody has swung a prototype.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Seamless carbonized barrel,znx alloy handle.. Same as 2016 makeup, most likely same performance ..

mcia

Addicted to Softballfans
Can anyone confirm if the barrel size on the 2018 26oz. model is 11" like the 2016 model?

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
Couple of sites including Demarini list 12" barrel no mention of 11" 26oz as the 2016 model did..

jkwoody22

League ball huer
So maybe less endload in the 26 now to compensate for the weight of the barrel, mine have always been like 27 or 27.5 in 26 and like 27.5-28.5 in the 28’s

jkwoody22

League ball huer
62F562A2-0A3B-4B49-8EDD-8B241B7B6F82.jpeg 26 still 11” short barrel they feel the same weight wise as the last steels to me, the handle is the same brushed/raw look, looks like they repainted just the barrel

Last edited:

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Team we played against last week was using it came off the same as their 2016 imo it is the same I was playing some catch and held it weighed the same as my 2016, I have not hit one though

sun5150

friend is getting one in this week. 26 oz. i'll get a picture comparing the barrel to the 2016. most likely will hit next weekend.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
My Berkeley league finally let us use a Steel this season. Our team has a 2016 model and I just got a 2018 in today. Gonna swing it tonight and I'll let ya know what I think. Mine is a 26oz and the scale weight is 27.3oz. Our 2016 has a scale weight of 26.8 oz--I've heard the 2018 models have slightly more weight and in my case it's true.

Just swinging them around the house this evening and the 2018 feels like it has a little more endload, but that just might be me.
JJ

BTW300

Addicted to Softballfans
It's very similar to a white steel. Kills the 52's. 26 raw steel feels heavier than a 26 white steel. At least for the 2012 white steel.