New Eastons painful to swing lol

CAMARO80P

Is it just me or is breaking in these new Eastons a painful experience. The torq never hurt but I got a smash it sports 100h that vibrates the sh** out of your hands everytime you swing. The same with my Kirby. Seems like it takes forever for them to break in. Are you guys swinging as hard as you can when breaking them in early on. Or taking like half swings. Just wondering what best approach is maybe having someone hand toss balls and hitting into a fence? Love Eastons but I do like how the two worths I bought are game ready within 20 swings

CAMARO80P

Yeah I even let some teammates try to help me break them in they take like two swings and throw them down. And I never complained in the past about this, just seems like its Eastons newer models.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
The torq never hurt but I got a smash it sports 100h that vibrates the sh** out of your hands everytime you swing. The same with my Kirby. Seems like it takes forever for them to break in...

Love Eastons but I do like how the two worths I bought are game ready within 20 swings

The Torq has a soft barrel for an Easton, that's probably why you didn't mind it. And you're having issues with 12" barrels and comparing them to 14.5" barrelled Worths, you're probably having trouble finding a different sweetspot location.

Yeah I even let some teammates try to help me break them in they take like two swings and throw them down.

^^^ And this is why most people don't appreciate Eastons.

My '14 L1 has over 1500 hits on it, it wasn't great until it hit 1000. Now it's disgusting and still getting better. And it's not uncommon for guys to get 3000-4000 out of them, so I can probably look forward to 1500-2500 game-quality swings.

If I gave up after 2 hits, I would've been really missing out. Get some harder balls and get to work, it's worth it.

crdizzle6288

Addicted to Softballfans
Get harder balls top help the break in process. i have the same issue where some of the eastons sting a bit but only for the first 100 swings or so. they only get better trust me. if you dont have the time or patience to break them in, buy a used bat. a lot of guys prefer to break them in but some dont.

WillW3

Starting Player
I just use the hardest balls I can find and hack away. Like stated above, if you're having trouble with the sweetspot, swing off a tee for a while until you can find it. I love my Easton's.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I just use the hardest balls I can find and hack away. Like stated above, if you're having trouble with the sweetspot, swing off a tee for a while until you can find it. I love my Easton's.

Best suggestion for any USSSA Easton right here.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
Probably not hitting the ss on the short barrel. They will absolutely let you know when you miss but the only one I've hit they stung my hands when hit on the screws was the asp helmer. I hit it very well but it was brutal the first few swings

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
Easton sweetspots begin small... Work it with some hard balls. It will go away. I love the new Wegman!

CAMARO80P

Thanks for input. Was just surprised how stiff the smash it sports 100H is. I had an Og that was hitting 300ft plus with swing 1. This one has about 100 swings and vibrates your hands, isee ball marks on barrel so I know Im hitting on sweet spot its just really stiff. Ill work at it Im sure it will open up

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Let's face it. Guys today are absolute sissy bitches when it comes to bats. If it doesn't hit 400' bombs out of the wrapper, "it sucks". If it's not 25 or 26 oz, "it's too heavy".

No one wants to work at hitting anymore. They want the bat to do it all for them.

WillW3

Starting Player
Let's face it. Guys today are absolute sissy bitches when it comes to bats. If it doesn't hit 400' bombs out of the wrapper, "it sucks". If it's not 25 or 26 oz, "it's too heavy".

No one wants to work at hitting anymore. They want the bat to do it all for them.

Post of the month

CAMARO80P

Trust me I'm far from a sissy ***** I bench 405 and I only swing 28 or heavier. I prefer 28.5 and I highly doubt I miss the sweet spot for 30 straight pitches. Everyone I let use the sis 100h said they never swung a bat that stung so bad. So it's not only me lol. I knew somebody would chime in sissy or puss but I asked the question anyway. Just wondering if anybody else had a 100h like this. But I do agree it blows my mind that they even make 25oz bats that's like a girls fast pitch bat.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans

Words to live by.

CAMARO80P

The new gospel

WillW3

Starting Player
I haven't swung the SIS 100H, but the OG I had didn't ever give me any feedback, but my others did early on when I miss hit one.

Dupe19

Addicted to Softballfans
I had an LX.0 that felt this way, stung my hands pretty consistently for about 200 swings. The sting went away after it started lightly webbing. Bat was pretty good after that, just not what I was looking for. I've only had the experience with 1pc Eastons, so I'm surprised this 100h is giving you an issue.

4xtra

Player/Coach
Eastons

Is it just me or is breaking in these new Eastons a painful experience. The torq never hurt but I got a smash it sports 100h that vibrates the sh** out of your hands everytime you swing. The same with my Kirby. Seems like it takes forever for them to break in. Are you guys swinging as hard as you can when breaking them in early on. Or taking like half swings. Just wondering what best approach is maybe having someone hand toss balls and hitting into a fence? Love Eastons but I do like how the two worths I bought are game ready within 20 swings

Eastons take alot a patience...
Like someone mentioned earlier about the 14L1, I have one as well and it was not bad out the wrappe rbut it was VERY stiff.
I hit about 300-400 <44/525's> and it began to wake up.

I took a step further and hit a wooden parking post with about 300 swings
and THEN it began to spit FIRE.

It is chipping paint but the bat is now gamer status

CAMARO80P

Took the SIS 100H out for BP last night after about 20 more cuts sound finally changed and exit speed was much better. Starting to like it, nexp BP session should open it up nicely.
The Kirby was hitting bombs after about 5 Swings its one of my favorite Eastons already.

JPG

Lefty

Truths here. But lets tell you something about wanting to break in bats fast if your swinging eastons your def swinging the wrong bat. Eastons are durability kings. They are for people looking to have a bat last them for a while possibly even a team bat and when it gets hot its nice and you have nothing to worry about.

JPG

Lefty

I can count the amount of times I have had a bat sting and it usually happens if you hit it near the handle. You are probably doing something wrong like letting go at the wrong time or just something random. Record yourself and check it out.

The kirby took my 4000 swings to get crackin so good luck with that. I used rocks to break in my bat some brand new killer rocks that have broken my mikens in a few rounds of bp. Those eastons are just tanks.

Moving forward I think I will be swinging easton now. But man do I love them mikens.

Rdd/Easton 10

The Veteran
U won't have to worry about Eastons taking forever to break in this coming year...there new line will be testing 240 out of the wrapper...they will be joining the party of hitting frigging lazer beams in 200 swings.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
Do you use batting gloves? I just use tape on my bats and its impossible for me to swing with no gloves. With gloves I dont feel a thing.

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
U won't have to worry about Eastons taking forever to break in this coming year...there new line will be testing 240 out of the wrapper...they will be joining the party of hitting frigging lazer beams in 200 swings.

Thats good to hear...

JPG

Lefty

my 2016 helmer has 700 swings and its nice. But they break fast I bet the older eastons will sky rocket.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

Thats good to hear...

That's good IF they maintain the durability they're known for.

my 2016 helmer has 700 swings and its nice. But they break fast I bet the older eastons will sky rocket.

That's not good.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce

This.....

I, Madbeers, support this message.

Trust me I'm far from a sissy ***** I bench 405

Smith machine doubt count.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce

Ya ain't supposed to let the cat outta the bag yet brotha.