New Glove

totalblackout

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys,

I'm looking to get a new glove in the offseason. Currently i have a Mizuno GFN 1253 and am looking to upgrade.

I'm just wondering whats a good glove to get. I play 2nd, SS and 3rd base.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I use the AB74 for middle infield perfect size with a great pocket once broken-in.

Spackler

...got that goin for me
What size you want? care if open back or not? web type? budget? weight? looks like your using a 12.5 if you want bigger for 3rd maybe a RV60.

totalblackout

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks for the replies, ill check them out tomorrow.

I prefer a web type, closed back but not opposed to new things.

I am using a 12.5" I like that size. I don't play 3rd very often. how do they break in, meaning, I break my gloves in thumb to middle finger and not thumb to pinky

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
They break in the way you break them in. RV1923-22 would be a less expensive and easy to break in option, 12.5" H wen , closed back.

MaverickAH

thanks for the replies, ill check them out tomorrow.

I prefer a web type, closed back but not opposed to new things.

I am using a 12.5" I like that size. I don't play 3rd very often. how do they break in, meaning, I break my gloves in thumb to middle finger and not thumb to pinky

Anything will be a step up from a GFN 1253. Based on that glove's characteristics, I would suggest that you look at the 22 Series. Specifically, I would recommend a RCV1250-22. Dual Hinged Web, Open Modified Back, Velcro Strap, 12.5".......... It's true to size & a much better glove than you're currently using. Don't worry about it being designed as a fast pitch glove. The hand stall is of normal size.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Most people on down on the 22 series gloves, when they first released they had room for improvement and those have been made in significant fashion. I believe it will be a step up from what you are currently using and will be a nice gradual upgrade. The limited kip are the go to recommended glove but they are too much for most people. I have several friends gaming newer 22's for over a year playing 3-7 games per week and they are holding up extremely well.

MaverickAH

And they will continue to hold up IMHO. The 22's are underrated & the best bang for the buck since they updated the leather & internals. They've been that was for well over 2 years now.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have quite a few younger guys that play a lot and been gaming them for about 3 years. Keep it clean, tighten the lace as needed and slap on some conditioner about once a month after you clean it.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
how is the durability of these gloves? i play on average 150+ games a year between league/tournament play?

I honestly believe you be looking at the BMB-L or BMB-M. They are listed at 13" but play pretty close to 12.5". They are H wqeb gloves with a closed back so it sounds like exactly what you are looking for.

While the 22 series are indeed good gloves and a great bang for your buck, the limited series with kip leather will last longer than the steerhide the 22 series uses. You play a lot so you need a better glove. I

seniorss

Addicted to Softballfans
I got 3 AB74 VMs. The 1st one was the 5 0z. leather ( the wife uses that one now). I have 2 custom ones in the Optimus leather, a 13" that I use at 2nd and a 14" for the OF. I have owned numerous Vinci's for at least the past 14-15 years starting out with an I-Web and then switching over to an H-Web. For me nothing beats the Mod Net T, love it. The only suggestion is that if you go this route , get the reinforced Mod Net T.The web is a little wider at the base where it meets the palm. This is my opinion only and I hope it helps in your selection for a new glove. Good luck.

Brewzer

NW Vinci Rep
What about the AB74-L? What are your guys thoughts on that one?

The AB74-L would be a fine choice. It is listed at 13" but it's not a 13" glove. It's basically a 12.75" glove or maybe even slightly smaller, but not much. Like the last guy side go for the Modified Net T web and you should be G2G! You don't necessarily need an Optimus but if you can afford it I would strongly suggest it. If you need to know who your local rep is just LMK and I will find out his info, but he won't be able to sell you anything on here due to the SBF rules which we must follow.