New guy.....

TXangler

Addicted to Softballfans
So this new guy comes out the other day and says he's played in the Big League before, won the Cy Young Award 7 times, was just found not guilty of lying to Congress, and goes by the nickname "The Rocket".

rocket.gif

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastro...-in-50-plus-softball-league-to-stay-in-shape/

And now he says he's going back on the field to play for the Sugar Land Skeeters in the independent minor league.

Midwest Mark

#11 the hot corner
Looks like a guy from the Hou,Tx burbs. I saw him bean a guy with a knuckle high arc...........very ugly. Benches cleared

TXangler

Addicted to Softballfans
You don't realize how big this guy is until you see him in person. He's been out there 4 nights and has hit more than that number in HR's.

The 1st night he played we were yelling for the base runners to test the guys' arm..........

Son, you'll never be a hitter with the bat sitting on your shoulder.

why,i do it and have no problem hitting.......the bat is just resting there lightly,makes me relax my grip,and i lift the bat just about at release by the pitcher....

see no prol what so ever.....

lefty# 9

Staying in the Game
Nice fish Ron, glad to see him playing the game we all love. heard he's doing a good job out there. maybe I'll come watch a game soon. thanks for the post :)

fldiverr

Addicted to Softballfans
why,i do it and have no problem hitting.......the bat is just resting there lightly,makes me relax my grip,and i lift the bat just about at release by the pitcher....

see no prol what so ever.....

Bob, I'm hitting .217 in rec league. That kind of track record speaks for itself so I'm not sure why you would question the batting insight that I provide. ;)

TXangler

Addicted to Softballfans
Lefty#9, I'm am not Ron. If you're referring to Ron F, I am younger, much better looking, and catch bigger fish than he does. He can hit the ball further than me, though.

I'm sure if Clemens were to play tourney's he will play with Hendricks' team.

Bob, I'm hitting .217 in rec league. That kind of track record speaks for itself so I'm not sure why you would question the batting insight that I provide. ;)

:eek::eek: rut-roh shaggy.....:p

Lefty#9, I'm am not Ron. If you're referring to Ron F, I am younger, much better looking, and catch bigger fish than he does. He can hit the ball further than me, though.

I'm sure if Clemens were to play tourney's he will play with Hendricks' team.

Hendricks has a 50 tourney team? i know they have a 55 M+ team.....but yeah if he played ,i would think it would be with randy.....

BruceinGa

always online
he hasn't prove anything yet,he is new to senior softball,all new teams start at AAA(unless proven to have higher talent),why not him........

I'm sure he wouldn't start on a team that has never played senior softball;)
So, it all depends on who his teammates are!!!
Bob, btw, have your ever played Major Plus?

I'm sure he wouldn't start on a team that has never played senior softball;)
So, it all depends on who his teammates are!!!
Bob, btw, have your ever played Major Plus?

aaaaaaah,maybe 1 game ....:eek::p....yep but last time was in 2006.....personally it wasn't that great b/c of the team i was with.....to much good ol boy happening,and i wasn't part of them.....

BruceinGa

always online
Well, I hope it wasn't in an SSUSA sanctioned tournament. If it was you are ineligible to play AAA. According to their manager's handbook a player that has played Major Plus in the past may not play AAA.
I believe we have too many rules, too many to know.
See you in Feb.

well bruce i did have to jump thru hoops to get released to play down,i'll tell ya that......it was mostly spa...the only ssusa tourney i played was seattle worlds that year........