New Mizuno Bat 2018

jhitman

52/300 - Mix of Worth Hot Dots 52/300 and some Louisville 52/300's

Which is all the more promising that the bat dropped 25 points in little time hitting these. Looks like they got something in Miken/Worth and Easton Flex line country here.

Not super surprising as the Nighthawks were good too in that regard. Even better if you worked them with a bit of 40 & 44's. I would assume this one would be no different.

I really liked the way this one snapped around and popped the balls we game almost exclusively up here.

We had radar data too, the big guns of the event having no problem getting 95+mph ball speed and into the 100s with these pretty much fresh out of wrap. Not every bat will produce this when that fresh.

For the mere mortals like myself in the 80 to low 90 ranges for a fresh bat is pretty damn solid. That's usually what I'd be putting up with a worked in gamer.

Conclusion is, i'd have no problem putting this bat in play and enjoying it. With due work it will hang with the top choices. It swings and hits with a great feel at impact and through the zone.

Will be interesting to get them outside and comparing them with downrange distance later next spring for sure. In the past with due work, my observation has been the Nighthawks, Flexes, and Miken/Worth bats all hang together albeit take different stages of work in them to get there. The slouches are the LS for me, no matter what between the excess handle wobble flexing and stiff barrel it never performs well for me and I hate the feel. Demarini made a stride to catch up with the Newbreed, but I found the sweet spot significantly smaller than other 12" including the Crush line and the feel underwhelming to me.

Right now, I feel like I have 3 bats and they're too similar to each other. One has to go and become something different to hit, 2 are just good matches for my style of play and must stay. I think Crush just took that title for #3. I am really intrigued to see where a lot of work and patience into this one will go.

You have me intrigued at the possibility of picking one up. I just lost my 4th bat the other day so I'm in the market for 1 new bat. Great review and information.

bakesta72

washed up hasbeen of SBF
The vids Chudder posted on FB looked really nice. Im actually somewhat excited for a Mizuno and thats been a while.

THESHOE

Starting Player
I own 3 bats now. 2 are not going anywhere, the 3rd I am just not loving but a buddy is and wants to buy it. I think I am about to let it go and #3 and #4 spots will be filled by a Crush Bal 27 and the other slot TBD or possibly might not even bother.

Ever feel like you just have too much of the same thing, and get bored hitting BP with the same kinda bat all the time?

The Crush was different, and good different. And fun as heck to swing. It really has me wanting one. It showed a lot of promise in just one night of cage work.

You have me intrigued at the possibility of picking one up. I just lost my 4th bat the other day so I'm in the market for 1 new bat. Great review and information.

jhitman

I own 3 bats now. 2 are not going anywhere, the 3rd I am just not loving but a buddy is and wants to buy it. I think I am about to let it go and #3 and #4 spots will be filled by a Crush Bal 27 and the other slot TBD or possibly might not even bother.

Ever feel like you just have too much of the same thing, and get bored hitting BP with the same kinda bat all the time?

The Crush was different, and good different. And fun as heck to swing. It really has me wanting one. It showed a lot of promise in just one night of cage work.

Absolutely with hitting the same bat. I have 3 bats (2 are the same bat/weight and the other is a different year version of the same bat). I do love all three bats but all pretty much swing the same way as you pointed out. That's why I'm intrigued by the new Mizuno. Also, interested in the new Jeff Hall bat as I hear it swings like the OG Z-1000. It's the only one of the LS Z line that I liked. So both of those bats are on my radar. I usually don't swing DeMarini but saw a few of the new 2018 line bats and some look interesting.

Hiltz

Built for comfort

I look around at yard sales and flea markets for old aluminums. Anything in decent shape for under $30, I grab it. Kinda fun showing up at BP and pulling out a 32oz metal bat that predates ASA stamps. :)

Any word on Mizuno demos coming to Nova Scotia? I love my Nighthawk but wish it had a shorter barrel, sounds like I need to try the Crush.

THESHOE

Starting Player
NS with SportsWheels has been a good market for Mizzy - I would assume they will run a demo, they said on SFO and FB demo schedules are coming soon.

Definitely get out and try it if you're a Hawk fan. I really liked it myself. Didn't expect to being a short barrel, but it was poppin and forgiving.

I look around at yard sales and flea markets for old aluminums. Anything in decent shape for under $30, I grab it. Kinda fun showing up at BP and pulling out a 32oz metal bat that predates ASA stamps. :)

Any word on Mizuno demos coming to Nova Scotia? I love my Nighthawk but wish it had a shorter barrel, sounds like I need to try the Crush.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
52/300 - Mix of Worth Hot Dots 52/300 and some Louisville 52/300's

Which is all the more promising that the bat dropped 25 points in little time hitting these. Looks like they got something in Miken/Worth and Easton Flex line country here.

Not super surprising as the Nighthawks were good too in that regard. Even better if you worked them with a bit of 40 & 44's. I would assume this one would be no different.

I really liked the way this one snapped around and popped the balls we game almost exclusively up here.

We had radar data too, the big guns of the event having no problem getting 95+mph ball speed and into the 100s with these pretty much fresh out of wrap. Not every bat will produce this when that fresh.

For the mere mortals like myself in the 80 to low 90 ranges for a fresh bat is pretty damn solid. That's usually what I'd be putting up with a worked in gamer.

Conclusion is, i'd have no problem putting this bat in play and enjoying it. With due work it will hang with the top choices. It swings and hits with a great feel at impact and through the zone.

Will be interesting to get them outside and comparing them with downrange distance later next spring for sure. In the past with due work, my observation has been the Nighthawks, Flexes, and Miken/Worth bats all hang together albeit take different stages of work in them to get there. The slouches are the LS for me, no matter what between the excess handle wobble flexing and stiff barrel it never performs well for me and I hate the feel. Demarini made a stride to catch up with the Newbreed, but I found the sweet spot significantly smaller than other 12" including the Crush line and the feel underwhelming to me.

Right now, I feel like I have 3 bats and they're too similar to each other. One has to go and become something different to hit, 2 are just good matches for my style of play and must stay. I think Crush just took that title for #3. I am really intrigued to see where a lot of work and patience into this one will go.
I've never seen a louisville softball.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Newer batches seem to hold up better. The first year we got them they feel apart easy.

I don't mind them, in my experience they fly pretty well. Have hit some shots in BP that surprise me when you go pick up it was LS 52 Cor and not a Worth ball.

NSA Canada should be using these LS Balls, in tournaments we see them at least. Unfortunately a few stupid local leagues still haven't figured out to support the NSA Sponsor and buy balls through the program. Instead they spend too much on balls shipped from USA and get killed on price. Then when we run low it's a huge hassle to get more of the same.

Wouldn't be such an issue if they just bought LS 52 Cor intead of Trumps or Worth NSA USA Hot Dots. All the same crap anyways.

FWIW -- Mizuno was out with the demos last night at Softball Gym at the dome. Took the 27 Bal for more cuts in my several rounds. Bat feels better and better the more work it gets. On the flipside we hit Demarini, I tried the Mistress and was underwhelmed as usual. Just seemed like anyone who tested it suffered a big loss of exit speed compared to what they usually swing. I didn't bother with the 12" Demarinis, not for me.

Right now my verdict favours Worth and Mizuno heavily, Miken has good stuff but nothing Balanced out right now in 2018. Waiting to try Easton FireFlex hopefully soon. The Project 9 protos felt great but all End Loaded which isn't my preference these days. And then there's LS as well.....

They aren't great. Covers are kinda crap.

nissben

Freakin Ninja
Any idea yet what the $$ will be for these? I've owned every mizuno that's been out since the wrath so I see this bat being in my stash as well lol

That’s what the bay is showing. The no doubt is $150
Wait, the Crush bats shown throughout this thread is on the bay? Not seeing it as I don't believe it is released yet. I only see the green and black nighthawks for $300 and the no doubts for $150. Were you referring to the NH?

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Wait, the Crush bats shown throughout this thread is on the bay? Not seeing it as I don't believe it is released yet. I only see the green and black nighthawks for $300 and the no doubts for $150. Were you referring to the NH?

Sorry, it was the nighthawk I was referring to

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
is there a Mizuno rep in MN that I can get a hold of to buy the orange and white end loaded bat ?

Hiltz

Built for comfort
is there a Mizuno rep in MN that I can get a hold of to buy the orange and white end loaded bat ?

Orange and white is the balanced version, you want the black and orange.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think these will be showing up in stores and online soon.

vipvanilla

Addicted to Softballfans
Gonna be closer to May for release. I'm working on getting a couple demos currently. Also there may or may not be an exclusive coming out that will be a true exclusive... not just a repaint!