New Nighthawk balanced ROBO

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
f1c6affe27b6789ef16beb242196c6e0.jpg

WillW3

Starting Player
I dig the colors. This picture is a little more clear than the other one I saw. Looks good, now hopefully they're every bit as good as last year's.

mod463

The Rookie
Those look great. I look forward to trying them out and seeing how a thinner handle will change the feel.

CircleL

Starting Player
Well the roboload is my next bat!

I agree the balanced looks like it has a smaller barrel.

WillW3

Starting Player
just the picture I believe because the balanced also looks like it has a thinner handle, but I'm sure it doesn't.

Robo_16

Addicted to Softballfans
These are photos of the ASA models. I didn't know if I would like the army green, but it turned out real well.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Utrip is Black/Gray scheme.

Big fan. Can't wait to swing mine on order.

Thinner handle and more EL was a no doubter. Once I saw leaks of Black barrel and Gray handle I was sold. Didn't look like a fruity girls fatspitch bat. Reminded me of Flex and OG Canada Catty.

If it has all the same pop as the 2016 but with more load I will be a happy camper.

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
Utrip is Black/Gray scheme.

Big fan. Can't wait to swing mine on order.

Thinner handle and more EL was a no doubter. Once I saw leaks of Black barrel and Gray handle I was sold. Didn't look like a fruity girls fatspitch bat. Reminded me of Flex and OG Canada Catty.

If it has all the same pop as the 2016 but with more load I will be a happy camper.
They are stamped both ASA and Utrip

THESHOE

Starting Player
There is a Utrip only model, no different to last year's lineup.

I will swing the Utrip, not the dual. Just like last year.

This year Utrip is a Black Barrel and a gray handle as documented over at SFO.

They are stamped both ASA and Utrip

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
I was hoping for an ASA only stick this year. My balanced NH (dual stamp) hits mush balls well.

THESHOE

Starting Player
So this leaked up here north of your border with us Canadians... Looks like top 2 are the utrips, after the duals and bottom bat is the new Mamba.

I like the dark colours and lack of any tacky fluorescent crap. Played out with the neons.

Mizuno%202017.jpg

THESHOE

Starting Player
Sorry can't help answer that. Wish they would, it did wonders for their sales here.

In the end, more tried and bought the Utrip. Did not see very many if any break here from proper use. We had benefit of 30 day money back guarantee on it (with select dealers who chose to back up Mizuno's guarantee), and the 1 year warranty. Couldn't go wrong really. Bought one to see if the indoor winter demo wasn't just a fluke. Wound up buying a back up and 2-3 teammates adding their own through the season.

I have 2 Utrip EL now that are 1500+ on our team fence and aside from being rashed up to all hell, they still perform like when they got to about 100 or so hits in. Never really got softer or weaker. Pretty impressed.

I am seriously hyped to hit one with a thinner handle and more EL. That is what may have lured some of my attention over to the Flex late in the year.

I hope their Dual with ASA stamp holds up too, word is a lot of input and work was taken into that one knowing the previous was a bit of a miss.

So the real question everyone wants answered.... will there be warranty for US sold bats?

THESHOE

Starting Player
Please note that is a leak from a Canadian retailer's post.

I have no clue what the USA division has in store for their line. Whether they plan to roll like last year, or begin to offer it now only Mizuno USA can answer.

What I shared is Canadian based media for retailers here that leaked early this week. Take it for what it is, but I wouldn't say this means there is a warranty for the US.

That picture that shoe posted says a 1 year warranty

THESHOE

Starting Player
Sharing another leaked FB pic of a local store who had the demos in hands recently...

EL Utrip keeps growing on me in looks. Really like the move to black/grey scheme. Suits what I wished for when I said wouldn't Nighthawk be sick in a Blackout Shadow scheme. Remove the white and we're pretty much there LOL.

Stoked to get my hands on mine and hit it. Very excited at the prospect of one of my top fav bats coming with slimmer handle and more EL.

15068960_10153976802121120_5366901616161922817_o.jpg

Krush411

Manager
Anybody know if the new balanced models are truly balanced? My balanced Blackhawk from last year was actually slightly end loaded and I didn't like that.

WillW3

Starting Player
Anybody know if the new balanced models are truly balanced? My balanced Blackhawk from last year was actually slightly end loaded and I didn't like that.
Yeah I feel like last year's was barrel heavy. Not quite end loaded. Just a weird feel. I'm no a fan of it.

hlsiii

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a17 gray, balanced Utrip and it is very balanced

The army green Roboload has a slightly more endloaded feel to it. But not super endloaded