New one piece molded tattoo ball feedback

tattooball

100% legal and definitely game worthy. This will ALWAYS be my first choice when bring your own ball exists.

This is also going to be the ball of the future. Manufacturing has become very difficult overseas and will not get better, we have already opened 2 new stitching plants in other countries but this is a temporary fix. Bringing this ball to the U.S. for production is the only thing that makes sense. China's economy is bursting at the seams right now, wait a year and see what happens. We need to assure timely manufacturing, shipping and delivery and this is the way to do this. That is why we are getting inquires from others for future production. We also made fastpitch balls and are testing them now. The grip is amazing on these and we think it will cross over well.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Was just discussing ball durability in BP today. The only balls in my BP buckets that feel like cork centers and look like busted hard boiled eggs are Evil HOT 52s and BP Lights--maybe a Demarini Stone. Even the much maligned Dudley SY Classic M whipping boy is a champ in 103 degrees compared to my worst Evils.

This seems like you're insulting Evils until the end. Did you mean they're better than your best Evils?

Qoheleth52

Addicted to Softballfans
This seems like you're insulting Evils until the end. Did you mean they're better than your best Evils?

I don't buy Evils anymore, no insults, they just don't impress me much. IMO Dudley and Tattoo balls are better. I love the Evil BPs when they are new, but I'm having to throw some out now--the cores are shot.

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
ALL of the test balls were in my possession and I personally shipped them to testers, so your factory never had these balls.

The only one not being honest here is you and everyone will know that very soon.

See here is the problem, people get pissy here because I tell the truth. Nothing I say on this site is a lie or a bending of the truth. I live a simple life because I just wont lie. I never have to look over my shoulder worried something I said is going to blow up. If I cant be truthful to someone for some reason I just wont discuss it, but I will NOT lie to people.

Im sorry to the people that misunderstand my actions but the truth is the truth.

So much for us not having a ball
12645094_1004776519610658_9013585571775034936_n.jpg

12622301_1004776062944037_8875669142862701719_o.jpg

Last edited:

tattooball

That is the samples sent to the other company that deals with the factory that makes the TR#$% ball, to bad they are looking at new technology. BTW their 2 color b/p balls should be ready soon, both of them.

That is the core they will get, not mine.

yellowmein

BP on a Tee
I can't wait to try out a dozen classic m's. My leadoff hitter is good for trashing at least two covers a game "trying" to hit oppo.

dayvin3

Addicted to Softballfans
First BP session with the new balls

It's to early to give any durability reviews, but I will have no problem hitting these .44 375 in a game.

The Dudley TA is my all time favorite .44 375....and while these balls might not fly as well, they're not far behind. They definitely fly better than any non-multilayer(.44 375) ball I have ever hit.

Hitting conditions.....
98 deg
no wind
cracked DC41(lost some pop but still hits better than most)

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbWxSUTWJ4w[/ame]

tattooball

That is ok with me, I am sure more info on this ball will be posted. Unlike the regurgitation of an old design being touted now on the board.

GuruSoftball

a.k.a. SeniorSoftballGuru
I have tested this ball extensively and am predicting it will change the softball market forever. The durability is unquestionably better than any ball ever made. The performance is also superior. The 44 375 balls outfly any 44 375 standard ball and come close to the multilayers like the Dudley TA. The feel of the ball in your hand is A+. I cant be sure about the stress it puts on bats but so far I've had nothing break and I have a few thousand hits with them. I hit almost everyday and these balls are the future of the softball market.
This new ball can be washed to look new and holds up better than composites and was better than just regular leather by a long shot.

GrandCherokee

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone have feedback yet on the 52/300 version yet? thats the version most leagues use now.

Hit them last night for first time. Haven't hit them enough to really know much but they seemed solid. The other team didn't like them and made a real big deal about them. I expected that to happen. The ball is very different feeling and looking compared to what we are use to.

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
I didn't sift through all 6 pages of posts. The main concern I have is how will these balls hold up over time? Vs heat and humidity?

I've tried all kinds of 52/300's, I wouldn't mind giving these a shot. We've hit Evils and they don't have a crisp sound. Do these sound better?

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
I didn't sift through all 6 pages of posts. The main concern I have is how will these balls hold up over time? Vs heat and humidity?

I've tried all kinds of 52/300's, I wouldn't mind giving these a shot. We've hit Evils and they don't have a crisp sound. Do these sound better?

From an earlier post about that subject:

tattoball said:
Heat is heat, poly is poly. They will hold up as well as anything else out there and better than most. The big difference is because the cover is part of the core, a 6.5 ounce ball is all performance. Take a composite cover you have to make the core lighter, so with a lighter core it has less impact to the bat. Higher impacts mean higher performance. Then take leather and synthetic, even heavier so core is lighter and cover is heavier. Performance is always lost through the cover, it adds weight to the ball but it is dead weight.

It is pretty simple more usable mass will yield better performance. Also since the cover is one piece the cover doesn't slip on impact. This is the biggest factor with synthetic balls in the heat. They allow the ball to slip on the bat instead of a quick change of direction. I am sure you will see competitors making claims of some super microcosm glue that is stronger than titanium holds their cover stronger than superman's spit.

dttruax

Addicted to Softballfans
Tried it out tonight. Seemed pretty good. Didn't sound exactly like a "conventional" ball and some of the players thought it wasn't performing as well but to me it seemed just the same. If anything it carried better. Some fly balls kept carrying even if it didn't look or sound like to was going to. They switched back to a "conventional" ball after an inning or two cuz some of the players didn't like the ball, even though it was probably their hitting that was no good ;)

tee_dub660

BP Hero's Sidekick
Tried it out tonight. Seemed pretty good. Didn't sound exactly like a "conventional" ball and some of the players thought it wasn't performing as well but to me it seemed just the same. If anything it carried better. Some fly balls kept carrying even if it didn't look or sound like to was going to. They switched back to a "conventional" ball after an inning or two cuz some of the players didn't like the ball, even though it was probably their hitting that was no good ;)

Were these the 52/300's? In your opinion are they worth trying.

BAplaya11

Bombin' Outa Control
Were these the 52/300's? In your opinion are they worth trying.

We have been hitting them the last 2 weeks, and to me i believe its the best 52/300 we've hit. Now I'm not saying its like hitting a .40cor ball in the winter but for a .52/300 i think there is a noticeable difference to the other .52/300's. We have hit Evils, Thunder ZN's, Decker Sharks, Trump Stotes ect. I think the guys who saw the most noticeable difference are the guys who DONT have light tower power. Line drives seemed crisper and ball carried better. So far the durability has seemed to hold up, in 4 games we used only 3 balls (lost 1 on a HR in the woods). Being in Houston we are in some of the most extreme heat conditions in the US for heat-index. Some teams have complained about the ball, but most just look at funny for a bit then its no big deal. Its definitely worth a try. This is just my opinion and if you do try them out hopefully you have the same results.

lx_2nv

Coach
We hit these in a tournament over the weekend and they seemed to fly ok. I think they were a little behind the Trump Stote, but maybe I need more swings to get a better comparison.

1STUNNA

Addicted to Softballfans
I have been using the 52 300's and spinner x for roughly 4 months and they a Are holding up great. You can actually put them in a dishwasher and wash them without effecting the performance of them.