new to the board, New to slow pitch

depratt

Starting Player
Well, i am new to about all of it, i guess i want to ask, what kind of bat should i get? i dont have great mechanics or size, so hitting homers is out of the question, i just want a bat that i can have good control with and put out short line drives that get me on base.

I was thinking a 34/26 Easton Salvo.

but and I KNOW i will get flamed for this, but some people have said i should consider a fast pitch bat to have easier control and bat speed, since i wont be burning anyone anyway

rkdgator

Addicted to Softballfans
yoda_newbie_sm.jpg

I won't pick on ya bro. What association are you playing in?

depratt

Starting Player
i play in an ASA league and have subbed in an NSA. but i just was thinking i should get an ASA approved

RT Addict

\m/NEED MORE COWBELL\m/
Welcome to SBF....
If you are unsure about which bat, you could try to swing one that someone you know already has.... but the Salvo is not a bad choice.
Fact it there are dozens of choices and any one of them will get you on base.

depratt

Starting Player
thanks for the feedback, i swung a Salvo today and it felt really comfortable, more so than a few other bats, hope it translates into hits

jdbaker82

Addicted to Softballfans
26 Salvo is a great first bat IMO for ASA if you decide to get a NSA (USSSA/uTrip) go with a 26oz BJ Fulk

collegemade

Addicted to Softballfans
There are so many bats better than a salvo, its a good bat but for under 200 get a (easton speed) srv4 or srv3 if u like the salvo, they are better bats and will last a while for a guy who doesn't kill the ball. A 2-piece bat like a demarini f2 might fit u good if u need some whip through the zone. Just my opinion. Good luck bro and welcome!

rkdgator

Addicted to Softballfans
It does kind of depend how much baseball you've played in the past. Baseball bats are pretty balanced and usually x baseballers prefer a more balanced stick for softball. But the endloaded bats will increase your swing speed. That being said I usually swing something with a slight endload to try to get the best of both worlds. As mentioned before there are numerous choices and it seems like most of the bats Easton makes now have a slight endload (aside from the Helmers).

dr0p

w0cka fl0cka
It doesn't matter what you swing, you're small, and probably not talented. Find a bat you like and go play.

StumblinDrunks

Addicted to Softballfans
I would start off with a Demarini Creature or the Salvo. Both will do you just great and not kill your pocket and welcome to SBF.

Welcome to sbf, there actually is a lot of great info here once you seperate all the bs, once you hit 500 post you will be dropping 400 ft bombs in no time....there area ton of great bats, swing them all ifyou can and take some bpwith a more experianced ball player and help with "softball mechanics" until then hit the ball hard and good things will happen

SmokeDK42

Addicted to Softballfans
thanks for the feedback, i swung a Salvo today and it felt really comfortable, more so than a few other bats, hope it translates into hits

It will translate to hits young one...after that it all depends on what kind of time you want to put into your game. The more BP you take the better you will hit. Finding your comfort zone will be your biggest challenge...Swing that salvo and good luck

MPT23

Putting on the foil
You are a member of this board now. Doesnt matter what bat you actually swing This now entitles you to be dropping 400 foot bombs with a flick of the wrists. But in all seriousness, it all come down to persomal preference and feel. Get out there and swing some of your friends or teamates bats, figure out which one suits you best and go get one for yourself.

MichelleG

Addicted to Softballfans
I prefer the SRV3, but the Salvo is a pretty decent bat for the money. If you feel comfortable with it, even better. Take as much BP as you can, and I would also suggest picking up the swing mechanics video. You'll be surprised how much farther and harder you can hit just improving your mechanics. Welcome the board!

depratt

Starting Player
You are a member of this board now. Doesnt matter what bat you actually swing This now entitles you to be dropping 400 foot bombs with a flick of the wrists.

Excellent and sponsorships and being the best player on the field and the ball going exactly where I want it to go all comes with membership too right? I just want to be like everyone else here