New utrip rules, etc

TheKid33

Star Player
I've noticed the opposite around here; lots of guys wanting to move to the outfield and very few decent infielders left.
Yeah same. Guys scared of the ball on the infield or they don’t have the skills required for the position. Everyone wants to play outfield.

TheKid33

Star Player
Been playing outfield my whole career. Now I'm playing Senior as well, and I get to deal with the shortstop who complains he's getting tried having to go out for the cut-off throws.
"Hey, no big deal...I'll just throw it in harder to get it to you...from the fence. And then let me courtesy run for you next at bat, while I'm at it."
Anyone playing shortstop shouldn’t need a courtesy runner. There should be a rule against that lmfao

basilray

This hits really close to home as we had one who would roll the ball to me at pitcher because he was so tired from the same thing. Thanks, you're almost twenty years younger than me, but please will the wet ball just in from the outfield across the dirt to me because you're a lazy sack of crap.
I once put together a co-ed team, and to round out enough women, a friend pulled in a friend. We'll call her "Tina".

Tina shows up week 1, and I took one look at her and said "You're the catcher" Not an ounce of athleticism or desire to play in this big woman's body. If I pitched a ball, I would have to walk halfway to home to bend over and pick it up. Poor Tina could literally not throw it from home to the mound...and it did NOT improve over the course of the season. I was like 30, and would be exhausted after playing a game from all the back and forth.

Worst part, the check she gave me for league fees ****ing bounced.

Anyways, I always tuck a hand towel in the band of my shorts now for wiping wet/dirty balls so I can grip it to pitch now from that kind of ****. Surprised more guys don't do the same.

ImminentDanger

Up and Over
When my team (young guys) plays in the wet outfield grass, the shortstop tries to dry the ball before pitching it back to me.

They always howl with laughter when I say --- You don't have to do that - I like it wet...
I have a better grip than when it's dry...

But I definitely HATE IT when the ball gets past the SS and rolls to me in the dirt ! ! !

%%%