New Wegmans..

younggun7

Manager
What's the verdict fellas? Get hot fast? Hit well?

I'm in the market for a 26oz but want to get some reviews before I buy. Thanks for any help.

Tryan1020

Extra Hitter
What's the verdict fellas? Get hot fast? Hit well?

I'm in the market for a 26oz but want to get some reviews before I buy. Thanks for any help.

Mine has about 250 cuts on it and I am loving it so far. It is pretty hot out of the wrapper, but it is getting better with every BP session.

bunt2

Addicted to Softballfans
There is a lot of talk about the Kirby so far. I'm curious to know what people think who have hit the Kirby and the Wegman. I'm looking into getting either one of these but haven't decided just yet.

D.Morton

Addicted to Softballfans
I have one Kirby game ready, a backup on the way and I've hit a buddies Wegman. I tend to lean toward 2 piece bats and I honestly wrestle with which bat I like better out of the 2! The Wegman has a stiffer handle and the barrel is somewhat stiff but that changes quick. Expect it to start getting better by the swing after 150-200 cuts. He had around 500 cuts on it by the first tourney of the year a couple weekends ago and it tested at 250. The most noticeable improvement in the 2015 compared to the previous 2 years is the sweetspot. The 13 got there with swings, the 14 was absolutely brutal, but the 15 compared to the Kirby seems identical as far as sweetspot and I could flip flop between the 2 seemlessly because the only major difference in the 2 models if handle stiffness. It has been unanimous among anyone who's swung this year's Kirby/Wegman that the sweetspot is killer. If you're a one piece guy this will be the bat to have this year. Buy without hesitation and if you don't like it for some reason it won't be hard to move.

bunt2

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the feedback. That is what I was looking to hear. I prefer the one piece bats but with everyone on board with the Kirby I was leaning forwards getting that.

D.Morton

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the feedback. That is what I was looking to hear. I prefer the one piece bats but with everyone on board with the Kirby I was leaning forwards getting that.
If you prefer the one piece I'd stick with the Wegs. 2 piece bats are more popular anymore for whatever reason. Same reason the Wegs is cheaper. They closed the gap this year and everything about this bat is on par with the Kirby other than handle stiffness. Look for the Kirby/Wegman to be 1 and 1a this year depending on what the hitter prefer's.

bunt2

Addicted to Softballfans
If you prefer the one piece I'd stick with the Wegs. 2 piece bats are more popular anymore for whatever reason. Same reason the Wegs is cheaper. They closed the gap this year and everything about this bat is on par with the Kirby other than handle stiffness. Look for the Kirby/Wegman to be 1 and 1a this year depending on what the hitter prefer's.

Depending on the day I am usually swinging my SP12SY100 or my SCN19. Just looking to start breaking a new Easton this year with more end load to it then the balanced ones I have.

Roland

Addicted to Softballfans
Awesome bat! That is my video posted in this thread. Only had 20-30 swings on it at the time, I hope to get another session uploaded soon. Around 350 cuts on it now and its getting better and better.

younggun7

Manager
It's not a bad price at all. I'd just hate to pay 175 and not like it lol. But that's a chance we take. I kinda came off rude, not my intentions. 175 is what I saw on FB page. If I could get one for 150 - 160 used I'd jump on it

younggun7

Manager
Awesome bat! That is my video posted in this thread. Only had 20-30 swings on it at the time, I hope to get another session uploaded soon. Around 350 cuts on it now and its getting better and better.

Good swings brother. I'm buying one no doubt, just a matter of price and time I guess

bunt2

Addicted to Softballfans
It's not a bad price at all. I'd just hate to pay 175 and not like it lol. But that's a chance we take. I kinda came off rude, not my intentions. 175 is what I saw on FB page. If I could get one for 150 - 160 used I'd jump on it

What FB page did you see it for at 175?

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter

$15 is a deal breaker ? I love my Wegman, and right now it is #1 on my gamer status. Gotta be a fan of 1pc bats though.

Rookie2012

Manager
You guys mush really mash, my kirby has 200-250 swings with 47/375 trumps, no webbing, and still not broke it enough for game use.

WillW3

Starting Player
My Wegman has 700 swings on it. Mashing the ball. No webbing. It's starting to spit missiles.

white_gt

Addicted to Softballfans
My Wegman is around 200 hits now. It felt good from swing 1 but it was just lacking distance and speed off the bat. After 100 cuts a buddy and I hit a few line drives 300-310. I can only imagine what it'll be like with another 500.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Over the mercy and realtree?
Well yes, . . . because my Mercy and Realtree are ASA :)

Seriously though, nothing is taking my Wegman outta #1 gamer right now. I can't miss with the thing. I like my Demarini Future too, but the Wegman is just fire and keeps getting better.