New XL Review

Hitmen8

Had a chance to get out on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and put about 150 hits on 2 new Mayhem XL's...

Both 27oz, both right out of the plastic, ziploc fresh. Mixed balls, ASA and Usssa.

Weighing is similar to my WSE in the same 27oz weight. XL actually seems just slightly heavier, almost like a heavy 2011 Connell.

Out of the wrapper performance was phenominal. Balls through the infield were alot quicker than expected. First 20 hits or so, I started to notice that this bat was already coming around. Distance on driven balls alot further than expected. As the day progressed, so did distance and exit speed, at least in my eyes. My next round of hitting confirmed it, as balls were starting serve inflight meals and show movies. Bat is fantastic. Sounds like a mayhem, hits like a mayhem, distance a little better than the previous mayhems... It's a Mayhem, only with better weighting for me and my swing.

In all it was worth every penny AND the extra wait for me. I will probibly end up with a couple more. Very quick break-in usually leads to one thing. I just hope I'm wrong...

Kaji

Addicted to Softballfans
Guy on my tourney team just got one, they look good just waiting to see if they last.

Grip_&_Rip24

East Coast Assault
so what is making this such a nice performing bat? Is it the paint allowing for quick break in? I didn't think there was any new technologies involved..

Hitmen8

I don't know, maybe it's just more suited to my swing. Making the power I have more effective? I don't know. I wish would had a NIW white Connell on hand to compare it to hit for hit. To me it FEELS better.

FAT JESUS

More than likely
Had a chance to get out on a beautiful Sunday afternoon and put about 150 hits on 2 new Mayhem XL's...

Both 27oz, both right out of the plastic, ziploc fresh. Mixed balls, ASA and Usssa.

Weighing is similar to my WSE in the same 27oz weight. XL actually seems just slightly heavier, almost like a heavy 2011 Connell.

Out of the wrapper performance was phenominal. Balls through the infield were alot quicker than expected. First 20 hits or so, I started to notice that this bat was already coming around. Distance on driven balls alot further than expected. As the day progressed, so did distance and exit speed, at least in my eyes. My next round of hitting confirmed it, as balls were starting serve inflight meals and show movies. Bat is fantastic. Sounds like a mayhem, hits like a mayhem, distance a little better than the previous mayhems... It's a Mayhem, only with better weighting for me and my swing.

In all it was worth every penny AND the extra wait for me. I will probibly end up with a couple more. Very quick break-in usually leads to one thing. I just hope I'm wrong...

I really like what you did here. :D:p

House00

Slingin' lead!
good review... ill have mine wednesday but wont be able to take real bp until july with all the effing snow we have on the ground!

Hitmen8

Got my order in yesterday. Took one of my 27oz bats out of the wrapper and hit 15 pitches. 295ft fence. 8 hrs and 7 linedrives. My bat was ge ready out of the wrapper. If it breaks in anymore it might get scarry. Bad news though, it already has a rattle at 15 hits.

The two bats I swung to write the initial review were a friends. Neither of those bats have a rattle. Niether of those bats felt as good as mine bat out of the wrapper. I am very happy, I have a gamer out of the wrapper!

brettcohen1

Addicted to Softballfans
purdy

this bat is gorgeous and if it hits anything like an 11 connel just with a heavier endload it is going to be insane. Does the endload feel like the wse or the dc psycho? I know they both have an oz in the end but the dc feels much heavier in the end than the wse does imo. I wonder how far this technology is from a 1 piece duo?

Keep the reviews coming in, so far it seems like worth and miken are really stepping it up in the utrip department

Hitmen8

I personally didn't think the DC supermax had THAT much of an endload. It felt more ballanced to me... At any rate, the XL and WSE are very similar in weight. I'm not sure what you mean by new technology though. This is the current M75 tech, just with a 1oz endload.

I will say I can't wait to try the new Denny Crine, the DC-41 when it comes out in march... That's a hot looking bat.

BigDaddy23

Manager
I usually only swing a balanced bat. My current stick is a 28oz Fulk. I am looking to add to my collection and very interested in this XL. I also hear good things about the 2011 (white)Connell. Between the two with the endload should I drop an oz on bat size or does that matter? And which do you all prefer between the two?

Hitmen8

The XL and drop and oz. This is just my opinion. I would suggest you swing one first. The Fulk is a VERY good bat.

DTF #23

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the review, mine will be in today and can't wait to swing it before my Thursday league

Nasty naise

Addicted to Softballfans
Currently waiting on mine to get in...I could've driven to Dallas and back in the time its been on the USPS truck....btw USPS SUCKS!!!!!! but I'm not bitter or anything

EARZZ45

The Veteran
i got mine today and it is crazy.i hit on our league fields which r 285.second swing i cleared the fence by at least 50 feet.there is a set of railroad tracks about 100 feet behind the fence and after about 35 swwings i was either putting them on the tracks or over and the linedrives i was hitting were laser shots.i normally swing jeff hall mayhems in a 27.5oz which they have a .5oz endload.i bought the mayhem xl in a 27 and absolutely love it.its a game use only bat now.

ocisme

Addicted to Softballfans
i hit mine today maybe50-75 times started rattling in 30 or less but no signs of webbing yet does feel awesome when u get the sweetspot just trying to get used to the max endload since i have been swinging my reg. m75s. love the paint job i cant quit looking at it

bobbyg1984

Addicted to Softballfans
I got to hit mine for the first time tonight. These things r stupid hot. There is no doubt it's the hottest bat straight out of the wrapper I have ever seen. I just hope it last! Everybody on my team is wanting there own, and the other team was asking to swing it.....

deathbysoftball

"WINNING!!!!!!!"
Might not see as much webbing with a flat finish. Good to hear these things are fire though. Tax check will be here friday. Might just have to pick me up one friday night. Keep the reviews coming until then. Kinda hoping we dont hear of one breaking before 1000 swings again.... (WSE)....

RokRaider826

Ex Softball Who-re
I swung mines last night and after about 20 swings there was some webbing. I thought it would be hard to see the webbing with the flat black finish but I held the bat at an angle and there was the webbing big as day. The bat has a very slight rattle,which is normal with Worth bats. I swung it along with my MV-1,DC Psycho,Ressy Titan,and WSE. Saying the XL had less swings then any of the bats,it more then held its own. Comparing it with a well broke in Ressy and WSE,The Ressy to me seem like the better of the 3. Once the XL breaks in a lil more I think it will blow the other 2 away. We used some Tattoo Classic Plus balls(not sure of the core),Classic M plus some other mush balls. It was about 50 degrees,cool night but the balls just flew off the XL. I plan to take some more BP tonight to see how much more it will open up.