nighmare bat

phoenix26

<font color="#228B22">SBF Fund Donor</font>
Tournaments are pretty much done for the year.
We start back up in early March.

Ron T

W.O.M.D.
nightmare bat

A buddy just received 2 dudleys,12" 28 oz. EL/29 oz. Bal. and also received a 28 oz. AD Starr. There were 3 batters average weight of 180 lbs. Field was 300 ft fences.We were using gold dots 44 cor balls. 1st bat we used out of wrapper was the nightmare which we all agreed swung really light for a 2.5 oz. EL. Total swings were 10 each batter and all of us were not making solid contact/finding the sweet spot hard to hit consistently. Second bat was the 12" lightning out of the wrapper. My 3rd swing was crushed to lc. This was out of wrapper on the 3rd swing. Not even broken in. Liners were mind boggling. All 10 hits were impressive. Second and third batters were hitting with long balls and hard liners. All of us took only 10 swings/each bat and was impressed at the performance of the lightning. Will have to swing the nightmare on Tuesday which I agree swings different compared to the lightning. Seemed our timing was off and not hitting the sweetspot? For now the lightning is a joy to hit and performance out of the wrapper is uncanny.WOW...PERFORMANCE ON PAR WITH OUR WELL BROKEN IN MELEES. And again, out of wrapper.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
I also like my 13" Dudley but performance with the nightmare is right there with the Dudley for me.

pj3p

Senior Power Hitter :-)
I think that the weights are as follows;
25= 1 oz end 0 handle
26= 1 1/2 oz end 1/2 oz handle
27= 2 oz end 1 oz handle
28= 3 oz end 1 oz handle
29= 3 3/4 oz end 1 1/4 oz handle

so yes they are all end loaded

tattooball

Buggs stay out of posts that do not concern you. You may want to know why this one is for sale before you start making comments you know nothing about.

Last edited:

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a 27 oz Nightmare and was just a very average sr bat for me. My Dudley lightning turned out to be a much more consistent bat for me - and 8 other teammates . For us the Lightning was better hands down.

lefty8

Coach
tattooball if you are ever in the Nashville area and the temp is above 60 or so leave a message on the board. Live in Hendersonville, tn.

lefty8

Coach
Tattooball I live in Hendersonville 15 miles north of Nashville. We normally hit everyday at Drakes Creek Complex in Hendersonville when the temp and rain don't stop us. Temp at this time is suppose to be 51degrees and 20% chance of rain Tuesday. I have some good Utrip Easton bats that can handle that temp. Not hard to get to the Park. Get off exit 95 on I 65 North, exit right at exit 3 than go to red light number 9 than Left at Drakes Creek Park. Or text your cell phone number and I'll text you the directions. Should be at the park by 3. Do a search for Drakes Creek Park.
Joe Lefty Falcon

Last edited:
M

MJL 00

Not trying to thread jack BUT man hope ASA version of Nightmare is around the corner :eek:fftopic:

I would love to help promote them in a ASA only state.........

Carry on

mnball

Addicted to Softballfans
ASA belongs to Demarini. This would be futile on the part of AD Starr to attempt to gain a market share in ASA when they don't even have a market share in Senior ball. Obviously I am partial to Demarini , but I have every ASA bats from all the current manufacturers and IMO with regard to ASA - they are stupid hot hitting any 52/300 ball.

tattooball

Lefty couldn't make Nashville cold and rainy when we were there Tuesday. We did have a great crowd in Tupelo Thursday 60-70 and sunny all day.

lefty8

Coach
tattoball maybe next time when you come thru my neck of the woods we'll get together.
It was a bet cold. Will you be at the TOC. The team I'll be with is 4:13 Rimfire 65M.
Joe Lefty Falcon #13