Nike ShaDo Elite J 12.25"

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
Anybody got one of these that they are gaming? Be interested to see how it looks broken in. I have one just staring me in the face daily but so far I have resisted the temptation to break it in.

gsus03

Banned User
As stated, hit up evil...he actually uses the shados he buys...I would say he is the shado guru

Not somebody that owns 25 gloves and uses a glove for 5 minutes and trades/sells it

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
Evil plays primarily outfield & also owns quite a few gloves that do not get regular use from what I understand.. I'd venture to guess he hasn't used his 12.25 much ..I did ask this question of Mayor by pm a few days ago, but she hasn't yet offered a reply

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
I use a 12.5" shado trap for IF, and love the hell out of it. I say game it for sure!!!!

Best glove I've ever owned, but that doesn't say much cause I'm used to cheap gloves!!!

A lot of folks said I would have issues using a trap for infield, but I haven't had a single issue, or any trouble picking up balls ect with it.

gsus03

Banned User
I speak with eviladams frequently, he doesn't visit the board much anymore...as I said, he games both of his shados...he didn't buy into the hype just to sell/trade them the next week...

gsus03

Banned User
this proves a lot

dford, mine should be here tomorrow, I will text you pics in about a week or two...won't take much at all to get game ready

gsus03

Banned User
I thought gloves were worth what people are willing to pay...

dford, evil also has a shado 11.75" single post he will be using very soon...just FYI

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
I really like mine I just know Augie likes the dryer, stiffer leather. I've only had a black one but it is far from dry or stiff.

I really just want to check one out to see what all the hype is about, but not enough to drop 3 bills on something I'd likely sell.. they are sharp looking gloves though

gsus03

Banned User
somebody send augie a SHA|DO

It is by no means stiff or dry though that's for sure...like my kubota, it is like nothing else I have ever owned/handled

mr.augie

Head Ball Coach
the leather looks a little too fancy for me.. like it belongs on the Queen's bible instead of in the dirt

gsus03

Banned User
many of my recent purchases have been fancy, but I told myself YOLO and just started playing catch with them

Ferrari and Lamborghini are meant to be driven, not just sit in a garage

mayorblurps

Mizuno Huer
Regardless of whether gsus thinks my opinion is moot simply because I own a lot of gloves, I wanted to share my opinion. My shado 12.25 is my INF glove of choice and I love it. It is stiff yes but not too stiff for my tastes. Even gaming it for 5 games already (plus games of catch, couch catch) it isn't well broken in yet but I still use it. It is so light, which I think is an asset for INF gloves, but it plays bigger than my 1781 which gives a little extra ball security since we play with 11 and 12" balls vs baseballs. It is a bit wider and longer as well, but still shallow enough to find the ball easily. Never thought I would care about glove weight but in this case the shado literally feels like an extension of my hand. Liner never gets slick from sweat or anything either. Hand stall is normal size I believe; not too big for my female hands but not snug either. It also seems a bit more flexible than any other glove I own, but not in a bad way.

I did not do a hot water dunk on it nor have I added any type of conditioner. To the touch it is soft, but more like NE kip...not shiny or buttery like an a2k or Rawlings PP.

Hope this helps and I will get some pics up soon.

Jen_16

Coach
I thought you'd be able to provide some valuable insight seeing as you're the only one I personally know gaming a 12.25". One day I will try one but the price is just too high for me considering I don't know if I'd like it. Seems like everything I try lately sends me right back to my PI's.

Thanks for chiming in girl

B-radical

Addicted to Softballfans
Funny this popped up, in a torrential downpour last night, I decided to use my old floppy glove, a 14" for INF.....crazy to see the difference now that I've been gaming my 12.5" shado trap, it was pretty painful to use the other.

Before, you couldn't pry that glove off of my hands, now, I hate even looking at it :D