NIW Future can't be compression tested

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
So I just went to get my NIW future compression tested for my league and the Guy told me he couldn't even close the tester. He said he thought the bat was going to break. The guy is a usssa rep for this area so I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing. Do I need to put some hits on it b4 testing? Anyone run into this b4?? He couldn't close the tester w/o the composite making sounds like it was going to break, didn't sound good....

UPDATE: So Demarini has compression tested my bat, and the person who i talked to today was actually present for the test, and she mentioned the crackling sounds were definately there, but the bat passed, and did not break. They confirmed with research and development that brand new bats out of the wrapper may actually make a crackling (my term not theirs) noise when put into a compression tester, and it was completely normal!

Last edited:

Im Gloving It

Next on hitlist.
I saw someone try to roll a future. barely put any pressure on it and it was crackling. Never saw or heard that before. Scares me to think what would happen if more pressure would be put on it.

ESuperst4r

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds like the tps Omaha.. remember when those things were new? You could squeeze them between your palms and get all kinds of crackling.

Cavett2ea

Droppin **** since 2K
had a 26.5 tested in front of me this weekend in oregon. thing tested at 275. probably just the plastic wrap crackling. thing didnt make a sound in the tester.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
i took the wrapper off b4 testing. the crackling was definately the composite. I called Demarini and explained what happened they said they would compression test it for me if i sent it in.

jrcaddilac

<font color="#CD0000">One3</font>
I had my 28.5 tested out of the wrapper and it tested at 270. There were no problems at all.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Sounds like the tps Omaha.. remember when those things were new? You could squeeze them between your palms and get all kinds of crackling.

I could do the same thing with both of my red Catalysts when they were new. Don't know if it was the paint or composite, but it went away after the first bp session.

WarHorse

Star Player
i watched him test tons of other bats no prob, even another 26.5 Future, no problem, but when he got to mine that crackling started.

Send it in. There's been a ton of defective demarini bats so far. My future had epoxy running down the handle from the barrel.

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
So Demarini has compression tested my bat, and the person who i talked to today was actually present for the test, and she mentioned the crackling sounds were definately there, but the bat passed, and did not break. They confirmed with research and development that brand new bats out of the wrapper may actually make a crackling (my term not theirs) noise when put into a compression tester, and it was completely normal!

Hammerin' Hank

Addicted to Softballfans
Just got the bat back with documentation of everything they told me. Not sure if I should delete this thread or not, the title is kinda negative

Doug

Old and Grumpy
Both my Future and Cluggy barrels made crazy cracking noises just from squeezing hard or pressing my thumbs down. Very wierd but hitting well.