NLCS: Cubs vs Mets

balcoballer

I REPORT POSTS
yea that is nothing new.... went from paying out 25k max down to 600 bucks til they pass a budget. lawsuits are starting up.

hrdchrgin13

Steve bartman has been laying low, patiently waiting to get revenge against the people who shunned him.

Opening Halloween weekend: Wrigley Field... Of blood

chacha15

rec chip
Chicago got that sky line

12088062_10153471681967034_1834709987034515871_n.jpg

12143095_10153471682222034_1345521260721477580_n.jpg

12122924_10153471682097034_8282796473874452839_n.jpg

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
Cubs down 0-2 in the series going back to Wrigley. Their two best pitchers get beat down and now they're facing a game#3 vs. DeGrom. Their counter? Hendricks... LOL!

Mets for the sweep in 4. :thumb:

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Thats ok, If Mets win they deserve it. This was a fun year and a small sample of many years to come, Cubs got the kids and money to spend next season and will only get better while Cards decline behind there 34 year old broken ace Wainwright.

The free ride is over in the central and Cards will be the 3rd team for many years while the Cubs and Pirates battle it out.

But dont get down, Theres always next decade.

Last edited:

curveball

Addicted to Softballfans
Thats ok, If Mets win they deserve it. This was a fun year and a small sample of many years to come, Cubs got the kids and money to spend next season and will only get better while Cards decline behind there 34 year old broken ace Wainwright.

The free ride is over in the central and Cards will be the 3rd team for many years while the Cubs and Pirates battle it out.

And for the patient Cub generations, there is always next Century!
I wouldn't count out St. Louis in 2016 quite yet.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cubs fans are perpetually looking to next year. Going on century number two now and they want to talk smack to fans of the team with the 2nd most world series wins of all time?
sounds about right

balcoballer

I REPORT POSTS
the cardinals are a sound operational baseball organization. they are aging but don't have to rebuild, just reload with some of their younger talent coming up. cubs are starting to mirror that type of operation.

the problem with cub fans this year is the problem all teams have when they go on a run, the bandwagon fans jump on and unrealistic expectations are set. this was the same team that got swept by the Phillies in july and theo didn't make any major moves when the trade deadline approached which was probably the right thing to do. the cubs are turning things around as much on the field as they are in the front office.

this isn't about being pacified and looking to next year, the fact is they outkicked their coverage this year in terms of their on the field play. next year if the rookies don't go into a sophomore slump and they make a couple of offseason moves to solidfy the starting pitching, next year they will be right back in it.

the cubs have been terrible for all these years because they have had terrible ownership in the past. yes they found ways to win occasionally but they were never about building a dynasty.

it is tiresome hearing some of the fanbase talk about this being the year because all the signs are there... **** that. by next week they will all have their kane and toews jerseys on sucking off the hawks.

the trib didn't care of winning, it was a cash cow either way.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-the-cubs-emerged-from-the-stone-age-1445014187

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Cubs fans are perpetually looking to next year. Going on century number two now and they want to talk smack to fans of the team with the 2nd most world series wins of all time?
sounds about right
I couldnt care less about who won previous World Series, I'm looking forward to the years ahead.
If you don't see the tide is turning then you haven't been paying attention.... This series isn't even over yet, Damn close but not yet.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus

What funny about this is the whole "Broken Ace" Wainwright thing is that when he did pitch.. They couldn't even touch his curveball. He made the Cubs hitters look down right silly with it (which is why they "the Cubs" batters led the league in K's this season by nearly 200 K's). All I have to say is Cubs batters better learn to hit curve balls by next season because if they don't pitchers will adjust and make them look silly. The only hitter that seems to have a handle on breaking balls in that lineup is Schwarber, Other than that they're a dead red fastball hitting team.

Decline? Obviously you've never heard of Alex Reyes (for example). Cards are making moves this offseason to better pad this lineup. Cards have good prospects in the minor leagues and bench depth. They're trimming the fat this off season and will be much stronger next season. I have no worries.. They will be just fine.

Thats some asshurt

Not really. I'm ok with the Cards losing. They weren't getting the Cards actual #1 and #2 pitchers this season. They got a 36 year old (Soon to be 37 year old) Lackey, a Flu bugged Garcia, and a fatigued Wacha along with a bullpen that logged more innings than any other bullpen in baseball.

Facts are your friend at a time like this.

balcoballer

I REPORT POSTS
gio doesn't post anything after the cards got whooped up on and the unprecedented winds at wrigley... comes back to talk about playoff baseball after the cubs are down 0-2.

got it.

STLCoach

Nobiscum Deus
I couldnt care less about who won previous World Series, I'm looking forward to the years ahead.
If you don't see the tide is turning then you haven't been paying attention.... This series isn't even over yet, Damn close but not yet.

Maddon is a good manager but The Cubs have had good managers before: Baker, Pinella, Zimmer, Mitchell and still no WS rings to speak of in 107 seasons. Maddon would have been better off coming to St. Louis because he always talks about how much of a Cardinal fan he was growing up. Yes.. Chicago Cubs fans.. Your manager was a Cardinals fan first. In fact, If it wasn't for Harry Carey messing around with AB's wife he would have been also calling games in St. Louis when I was growing up with Buck.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm still pulling for the cubbies theck unlike gio who will hate them for eons because of the just finished series.

I do not pay much attention to baseball any more so yeah you got me there.