What do you think?

• This crap needs to change

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I like it

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters

NorCalSlowpitch

All Star Tournaments is bullsh*t!

Myself and a lot of people are tired of run spotting!

A few of the top competitive teams have come to the conclusion that we're not playing All Star Tournaments USSSA Slowpitch anymore.

The USSSA guidelines state that a D team can have 4 C players and still be considered a D team.

All Star Tournaments is penalizing teams by spotting 2 runs to per C player to the opposing team (which have the same opportunity to build a competitive team) which means you can potentially start a game losing by 8 runs!

Its happened too many times where competitive teams have lost tournaments by less than that many runs.

The problem is that there is an unrealistic expectation of the spotting team to perform at a damn near perfect game level, every game. We all know that in slowpitch, RARELY, does everyone come out and perform flawlessly.

I'm tired of donating money to a program that has such ridiculous expectations and it won't happen again.

There are other USSSA programs that ate ran as they were intended to run following the USSSA format.

NorCal USSSA- J. McKinley
All World Softball
NSA
ASA
WSL

I'll take my team to any other program knowing that if we play another D team following the matrix, its gonna be straight up! I urge everyone else to do the same. If teams continue to dump money into this program, it'll never change.

NorCalSlowpitch

Team Faded/Easton will not be playing tourneys that spot runs to in class teams either.

#25 Team Faded/Easton

Last edited:

bird25

34/30 Club #25
We used to have to do this in league but I have never heard of it in a tourney.

That's pretty silly if you ask me.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
We used to have to do this in league but I have never heard of it in a tourney.

That's pretty silly if you ask me.

I understand it in E. It is a way to try to get d players to play up which is soemthing nor cal really needs. Also there can be a huge gap in teams in E. The run spotting can even out the playing field a little between rec teams and loaded E teams.

In D run spottint makes no sense, there are no C tournaments for c ranked players to play and the playing field between between teams playing d is much closer. The only thing that this does is punish D teams who are legit under the D matrix.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Looks like the comments to Lance worked, yesterday the only run spotting was 4 runs for a C team playing a D team. No run spotting for D vs D

Wupang

530sports.net
How did you guys do?? Who do you play with? We left at 1am...got home at 4am...WHEW!

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
How did you guys do?? Who do you play with? We left at 1am...got home at 4am...WHEW!

I am an E-lifer, you upper guys are to good for me. I play for the Reapers we played E, started at 8am played til midnight ended up taking 2nd to KOD. Just thought it was kinda funny to look at USSSA message board for game times and saw "C teams spot (4) runs to D teams-that is IT." I guess someone made an impression on Lance. There aren't that many D teams in Nor. Cal, I guess if 3 or 4 refuse to play Lance tounries that would be a problem in actually having enough to have an open tourney.

Wupang

530sports.net
We will be at E NIT..we are E Comp this year, but we better stop winning D or we will have to move up!

Last edited:

Mond

Addicted to Softballfans
SDI is no longer going to play in tournies where you have to spot runs...

Kyle, are you guys allowed to play Silver in NSA without spotting? I don't see how Gold is going to work with BG letting non-appeal/C teams play in Silver..

Blue74

Part Time Player
All Star Tournaments is bullsh*t!

Myself and a lot of people are tired of run spotting!

A few of the top competitive teams have come to the conclusion that we're not playing All Star Tournaments USSSA Slowpitch anymore.

The USSSA guidelines state that a D team can have 4 C players and still be considered a D team.

All Star Tournaments is penalizing teams by spotting 2 runs to per C player to the opposing team (which have the same opportunity to build a competitive team) which means you can potentially start a game losing by 8 runs!

Its happened too many times where competitive teams have lost tournaments by less than that many runs.

The problem is that there is an unrealistic expectation of the spotting team to perform at a damn near perfect game level, every game. We all know that in slowpitch, RARELY, does everyone come out and perform flawlessly.

I'm tired of donating money to a program that has such ridiculous expectations and it won't happen again.

There are other USSSA programs that ate ran as they were intended to run following the USSSA format.

NorCal USSSA- J. McKinley
All World Softball
NSA
ASA
WSL

I'll take my team to any other program knowing that if we play another D team following the matrix, its gonna be straight up! I urge everyone else to do the same. If teams continue to dump money into this program, it'll never change.

Why would you have C players on a D league team in the first place?

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
So many reclassed guys trying to live the D dream. Kind of lame. No, really lame.

NIT's in E? Lame. E comp/rec. Lame. E was made for handicapped kids. If you can swing a bat and hit the ball out of the infield then you shouldn't be playing E.

I feel bad for people who weren't around when softball tourneys were actually good and not the same 40 guys changing teams every year.

GBarajas

Softball Sucks!
thats why i only played 2 tournies in 2012 and ive only played 2 this year so far. That crap is boring. hitting .900+ every tourney gets boring too.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
So many reclassed guys trying to live the D dream. Kind of lame. No, really lame.

NIT's in E? Lame. E comp/rec. Lame. E was made for handicapped kids. If you can swing a bat and hit the ball out of the infield then you shouldn't be playing E.

I feel bad for people who weren't around when softball tourneys were actually good and not the same 40 guys changing teams every year.

This explains why I'm still playing E. Seriously though this is also what is killing softball. It is almost impossible for a new team with inexperienced players to get off the ground. They end up playing against some fully sponsored E team who has 3 D chips and 5 guys who are reclassed D players. This new team gets steamrolled a couple of tournaments and decide tournament softball is not fun and are done. Explains why you see the same people year after year and very little new blood.

thats why i only played 2 tournies in 2012 and ive only played 2 this year so far. That crap is boring. hitting .900+ every tourney gets boring too.

This coming from a D chip playing E. :cool:

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
Me. Make players actually play up and quit loading D teams with C chips and reclassed b/c players.

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
Me. Make players actually play up and quit loading D teams with C chips and reclassed b/c players.

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
And while we're at it the whole I'm B in NSA but E in ASA and rec in utrip is stupid. It's lob ball. If you're B in NSA then you're B in ASA and Utrip.

wasabi25

Addicted to Softballfans
And while we're at it the whole I'm B in NSA but E in ASA and rec in utrip is stupid. It's lob ball. If you're B in NSA then you're B in ASA and Utrip.

Agree

Agree

I guess I'm just confused by the OP's poll. Yes things need to change, Frost you are spot on. Money is the root of this madness!

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
Has been and will continue to be. It's funny that people want to boycott tournaments that run spot but they'll play in associations that let them try and win a D ring. Over and over and over again.

There's teams playing D that have been playing some level of D for 6 or 7 years. They play NSA, get bumped then play Utrip the next year. WHile playing Utrip they play on D rosters in NSA so they're ranked D again the next year. Then they get bumped in Utrip and play NSA/ASA again. It's an absolute joke.

The reason E sucks is because you have D teams with $30,000 budgets and giving handjobs to get guys recalssed over and over again. Don't believe me? We went 0-2 @ D worlds in Florida. 1/2 the team got cut after that. (Well, not cut, just not called back, totally fined with it) 1/2 the team stayed on the squad. The guys that got cut got bumped to C while the guys still on the D didn't get bumped. How's that work you ask?? Handjobs in the corner is how.

I got bumped in another association to B after winning a 4 team tournament by going 2-3 on the day. The team we beat? They magically didn't appear on the tournament list and didn't get bumped so they could play C next year.

I'm not mad because I don't care. It's all political and I'm glad to be totally retired from softball. Even league is done because guys were crying about me hitting too many HR's for singles. "Tell them to keep the ball inthe yard!!" GTFO of here.

Even Senek can clear a 300' fence every once in awhile.

I guess I'm just confused by the OP's poll. Yes things need to change, Frost you are spot on. Money is the root of this madness!

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
what are you in NSA? Radion, neon? Whatever the **** they call it now. I've seen you hit a pump. The sun was in your eyes and you didn't see it but it went 300'. Legit C player.

I'm F in everything so **** it :D

Blue74

Part Time Player

Agree the sandbagers f it up for everyone ,they put together a c/b team to play a D turney why? Becuz they can't hang when the teams or even lol

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
It's a product of people trying to winn at all costs. There's 1,000,000 E teams, 10? D teams and 2 C/Upper teams? The problem lies with the directors letting people play down. There should be no chips in softball. If you're C play C. If you're D then no E. Simple fix.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Has been and will continue to be. It's funny that people want to boycott tournaments that run spot but they'll play in associations that let them try and win a D ring. Over and over and over again.

There's teams playing D that have been playing some level of D for 6 or 7 years. They play NSA, get bumped then play Utrip the next year. WHile playing Utrip they play on D rosters in NSA so they're ranked D again the next year. Then they get bumped in Utrip and play NSA/ASA again. It's an absolute joke.

The reason E sucks is because you have D teams with $30,000 budgets and giving handjobs to get guys recalssed over and over again. Don't believe me? We went 0-2 @ D worlds in Florida. 1/2 the team got cut after that. (Well, not cut, just not called back, totally fined with it) 1/2 the team stayed on the squad. The guys that got cut got bumped to C while the guys still on the D didn't get bumped. How's that work you ask?? Handjobs in the corner is how.

I got bumped in another association to B after winning a 4 team tournament by going 2-3 on the day. The team we beat? They magically didn't appear on the tournament list and didn't get bumped so they could play C next year.

I'm not mad because I don't care. It's all political and I'm glad to be totally retired from softball. Even league is done because guys were crying about me hitting too many HR's for singles. "Tell them to keep the ball inthe yard!!" GTFO of here.

Even Senek can clear a 300' fence every once in awhile.

FWIW the only time I've seen Senek clear a fence was in Santa Cruz, so I can vouche that he can clear a 248 foot fence but 300 I'm not sure.

To me the problem starts in E since thats where the vast majority of teams play now. When I first stated playing there was no such things as E. E was created so rec teams would have a place and not get crushed while they were learning the game. Now everyone is chasing a ring and the best way to do that is play E. For nor cal USSSA this year there are 140 teams registered in E, 22 in D, 5 in C. This makes E a mess because the skill level range in E is huge, you have league teams all the way up to fully sponsored teams with a full roster of players who are D or were once D. The league teams play, get killed and stop playing. The good teams just stay and play E to chase and chase the ring. Even if the place at worlds and get bumped the team just splits up and everyone joins spreads out to new E teams as a chip so they can keep chasing a ring.

The 2nd problem with this is the skill gap between teams playing E and teams playing D is huge. Teams that get bumped have to either totally change their roster or they get crushed playing D. So instead most of them go back to E, play a year as a D chip and assuming they don't place again in worlds they ask to be reclassed and McKinley will pretty much reclass anyone.

It's a product of people trying to winn at all costs. There's 1,000,000 E teams, 10? D teams and 2 C/Upper teams? The problem lies with the directors letting people play down. There should be no chips in softball. If you're C play C. If you're D then no E. Simple fix.

This makes way to much sense, don't tell Mckinley he would probably have you banned for life.

Senek8

Addicted to Softballfans
what are you in NSA? Radion, neon? Whatever the **** they call it now. I've seen you hit a pump. The sun was in your eyes and you didn't see it but it went 300'. Legit C player.

That is how I roll, close my eyes and swing hard, hopefully I hit something. lol
And it is Gold for your information lol :D

By the way, I think d teams spotting other d teams is bs.

Last edited:

Frost

I'm on a boat *****
You're just mad you've got former NSA B chips on your roster and it's costing you :D

It's total **** but I get it. There's a HUGE difference between a financed D team going to worlds and a team full of D players that stay local.

If a team gets runs they shouldn't get pumps and should be visitors. It's all about $$ though. Directors don't want them beating up the E cash cow but they don't want those teams to lose games to the 2/3 teams that go to worlds.

I would say that ASA is the best at classing players and it's worlds.

NSA is runner up but only because they're worlds setup with qualifying is good. Reclassing teams is still shady.

U$$$A is the most crooked thing I've ever witnessed.

So we're clear, **** John McKinley. I'm retired @ C across the board:D

That is how I roll, close my eyes and swing hard, hopefully I hit something. lol
And it is Gold for your information lol :D

By the way, I think d teams spotting other d teams is bs.