NorCal Roll Call #2

Kevo

Addicted to Softballfans
So Lance allowed old bats at the NIT in sac saturday. I protested two bats and was told basically to shutup. Emailed Lance(since he wasn't at the tourney) and told him he was incorrect with his bat rules. He told me some bats were grandfathered in with the new rules lol og stadiums being one of them because it has "a stamp on the taper" I may post the emails we are sending back and forth. They are getting comical...I should buy an ultra and shave it for his next tourney...it's got stamps right???

RokRaider826

Ex Softball Who-re
So Lance allowed old bats at the NIT in sac saturday. I protested two bats and was told basically to shutup. Emailed Lance(since he wasn't at the tourney) and told him he was incorrect with his bat rules. He told me some bats were grandfathered in with the new rules lol og stadiums being one of them because it has "a stamp on the taper" I may post the emails we are sending back and forth. They are getting comical...I should buy an ultra and shave it for his next tourney...it's got stamps right???

Lance is a joke, the people he allows to run his tournies don't know jack **** about the new bat rules. We had the exact same discussion earlier this year and they told me I was wrong in the bat rules. I read to them the rule directly from the U-trip website,which makes it perfectly clear that only bats with new stamps are allowed. That is why I won't play any of Lance's tournies if we don't have to. I give McKinley credit at lease he knows and follows the bat rules. The best line I heard all weekend in Antioch is that even if team wins an NIT their roster isn't frozen and they can make moves still. Which is a friggin joke.....Hold up,wth did the OG stadium have a new Utrip stamp on the taper?

Kevo

Addicted to Softballfans
No, it had the regular markings nothing fishy. The umpire told him he had to take off his monster sticker to swing it. I told him if they were allowing the bat don't bother taking the sticker off...stickers are sentimental haha

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
You guys are talking about dumb and dumber. Lance is a moron but to me McKinley is worse. I would love to see these emails from Lance explaining how some of the old bats were grandfathered in. Was it any bats with a stamp on the taper? You would think if USSSA was going to grandfather bats they might actually tell someone or post it somewhere were players tourney and league directors might actually be able to see it. You know maybe put it on the website, a post it note on the wall or at least on the wall of a couple random mens rooms. What did Lance say when you asked him where this magical list of grandfathered bats is or the rule that says anything on the taper is legal? In reality the new stamp is a joke anyways, they did nothing to change safety other than make bats break quicker so people would have to buy more quicker. At least if Lance would have said **** it the new rule is a joke in my tournies you can swing whatever old stamp bats you want I could respect that but picking random bats to say are grandfathered is just dumb.

McKinley on the other hand is a lazy ass who cares about nothing other than eeking out every penny he can make from every tourny (yes there is a good jew joke here somewhere). If maxing his profit means teams playing on the 250 foot little league fields that get raked once a year but a tank or teams have a 7 hr break and the ship doesn't end til 2am why would he care he is usually gone by 10am anyways and he made as much as he possibly could. I hate the way he plays favorites there are a number of guys he wouldn't rerank til last year when one of his favs asked nicely and all of a sudden they were reranked. Love hearing that the Game****s win an NIT but McKinley will let them add and drop anyone they want since its a bunch of guys who aren't on their normal squad. So the new rule is the rosters only get frozen if you win an NIT, if McKinley doesn't like you? I had a conversation last year with McKinley about everyone swinging glass. In front of a group of people his response was "Its not my job to keep people from cheating." Really? Isn't one of the main jobs of a local director to keep the playing field even. He also told me in email that he thinks 75% of bats in Nor. Cal tournies are dirty but those darn testing machines are expensive. The truth is that any testing might cause some teams to play elsewhere which could cost him money and if there was testing he might actually have to stay at more than 1 tourney a year past 10am. I don't see why anyone in Nor. Cal would swing anything else if 75% of the players are and the local director goes out of his was to not catch anyone.

Kevo

Addicted to Softballfans
ME:
Lance please get your bat rules figured out. Your director at the sac NIT today was misinformed and was once again allowing old bats to be used. I called 2 different teams out on it and all the umpires did was ask them not to use the bat. One of the games the batter had an rbi with two outs and we lost by 1 run. Below is a link to the usssa bat rules. IT WAS UPDATED 2/1/12 WITH THE CORRECT INFO!!! Please note where it says after January 1, 2013 the new stamp must be displayed. The bat in question both times was an original demarini stadium, silver/maroon. It literally cost us a game today and that is unacceptable with the money and stakes of an NIT.

http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/NewUSSSASoftballBatMarks.pdf

Lance:
incorrect my friend

I print out the rules from national

I have dealt with this issue for 6 months correctly

Many players are miss informed of how the rule reads

I even print out the rules from National to have at the tournament for everyone to see

The rule is not a new bat

We have done everything in our power to make it a a fair playing field for all teams

USSSA is the only association doing anything to clean up the game

Thanks Lance Oliver

Me:
Did you even look at the link i provided you? Please tell me where on an original demarini stadium is the new 2013 stamp? What is the point of a new bat standard if you allow bats that are 5 and 6 years old?

Lance:
Kevin

Not sure what your getting at.

I do NOT make the rules
I only follow the rules USSSA has provided me

The link is exactly what I print out for all my teams that play
6 months with the new bat policy

Some new bats aren't legal. Some are

Some older bats were grandfathered in, some weren't

I have no control my friend. Only the enforcer

Thanks Lance Oliver

Me:
Effective January 1, 2013 all bats must have the new usssa stamp or be a wood bat. - quoted from usssa.coms bat rules guidelines.

Explain to me how that allows for grandfathering of bats that do not have the new stamp?

I never got a reply after that but I forwarded the conversation to McKinley and he has asked me to call him. Didn't have time today but I should tomorrow.

kjlee85

It seems like the umpires in Lance's tourneys have their old set of rules on each field. I remember in one tourney this year at one field the umpire said anything goes so people start pulling out legends and old worths and no one complains. We move to another field and the umpire says that you can use anything until gets protested. First inning we get protested and told to put away all the old stamp bats and then everyone has to use new stamps/

kjlee85

ME:
Lance please get your bat rules figured out. Your director at the sac NIT today was misinformed and was once again allowing old bats to be used. I called 2 different teams out on it and all the umpires did was ask them not to use the bat. One of the games the batter had an rbi with two outs and we lost by 1 run. Below is a link to the usssa bat rules. IT WAS UPDATED 2/1/12 WITH THE CORRECT INFO!!! Please note where it says after January 1, 2013 the new stamp must be displayed. The bat in question both times was an original demarini stadium, silver/maroon. It literally cost us a game today and that is unacceptable with the money and stakes of an NIT.

http://www.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/NewUSSSASoftballBatMarks.pdf

Lance:
incorrect my friend

I print out the rules from national

I have dealt with this issue for 6 months correctly

Many players are miss informed of how the rule reads

I even print out the rules from National to have at the tournament for everyone to see

The rule is not a new bat

We have done everything in our power to make it a a fair playing field for all teams

USSSA is the only association doing anything to clean up the game

Thanks Lance Oliver

Me:
Did you even look at the link i provided you? Please tell me where on an original demarini stadium is the new 2013 stamp? What is the point of a new bat standard if you allow bats that are 5 and 6 years old?

Lance:
Kevin

Not sure what your getting at.

I do NOT make the rules
I only follow the rules USSSA has provided me

The link is exactly what I print out for all my teams that play
6 months with the new bat policy

Some new bats aren't legal. Some are

Some older bats were grandfathered in, some weren't

I have no control my friend. Only the enforcer

Thanks Lance Oliver

Me:
Effective January 1, 2013 all bats must have the new usssa stamp or be a wood bat. - quoted from usssa.coms bat rules guidelines.

Explain to me how that allows for grandfathering of bats that do not have the new stamp?

I never got a reply after that but I forwarded the conversation to McKinley and he has asked me to call him. Didn't have time today but I should tomorrow.

It seems like you are having a conversation with the wall. He addressed none of your points but was repeating the same thing over and over again to make himself believe that he knew what he was talking about.

Kevo

Addicted to Softballfans
It seems like you are having a conversation with the wall. He addressed none of your points but was repeating the same thing over and over again to make himself believe that he knew what he was talking about.

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW IT FELT! :mad:

Kevo

Addicted to Softballfans
It seems like the umpires in Lance's tourneys have their old set of rules on each field./

The second umpire knew what was going on but was following TD orders. His way to get around it was to tell the guy he can't use it with his monster sticker over the stamp. At least he tried lol

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
They should just make norcal utrip tourneys, outlaw tourneys. Anything goes !

Well being that Nor*Cal pretty much goes out of their way not to catch people for swinging glass. Mckinley would probably rerank Purcell, Connell, Fulk and anyone else who asked to D or E if he thought it would let Nor*Cal win a ring we aren't that far from playing outlaw as it is. The only difference is everyone swings shavers instead of senior bats and our tournaments are good for points for worlds.

Kevo

Addicted to Softballfans
Woooooow....thats a bad look there. I had a conversation with eddie b about his roster legitimacy and they ended up winning. Oh well...see you all at F worlds next year at nickel park.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
Seth whats the story behind the bottom of your sig?

Kiki was joking that if we played GWB last weekend that he was gonna blow middle and let out a bigger oooooopppppp than Martin did in Antioch. I was gonna yell Hit it harder.

Im Gloving It

Next on hitlist.
I thought you were frozen if you won states? If so, im sure a couple of them were frozen on last weeks D team after winning states. I could be wrong. That and I don't really give a ****. Just thought I knew something.

rhound50

Rec Coed Superstar
I thought you were frozen if you won states? If so, im sure a couple of them were frozen on last weeks D team after winning states. I could be wrong. That and I don't really give a ****. Just thought I knew something.

I was told that you didn't get frozen for winning states. Either way frozen rosters or more like guidelines than rules in nor*cal.

Kevo

Addicted to Softballfans
Kiki was joking that if we played GWB last weekend that he was gonna blow middle and let out a bigger oooooopppppp than Martin did in Antioch. I was gonna yell Hit it harder.

1. You guys aren't lucky enough to get to play the Great White Buffalo

2. From the sounds of it you guys didn't hit anything saturday lol

:p