North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
Hardly the first time I've picked you guys to win. I believe I picked you at state 2 years ago, I also picked you to win the Nationals in Fargo and I picked you to finish second at OKC. (I did predict you'd lose 42-6 in the championship, but still) Good luck.

ming01

DMVWinning
Looking forward to the Corral Bar-Colorado Smoke matchup. I believe thats the Colorado team that was in the C last year.

Artie DeVanzo

Addicted to Softballfans
Bad draw for us and Proz. We play them in round 1. They beat us 30-29 at the Mich Golden. Shame such a great game will take place so early.
It is almost like McQuades has a crystal ball. The draw usually comes out the week of the Michelob Golden Tournament in Fargo and over the years it has been crazy how many times the 1st and 2nd place teams or at least 2 top 4 teams in Fargo in the D and Rec 1-2 tournaments end up playing each other in the first round in Bismarck 2 weeks later.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Good luck to all the teams participating this weekend.

3X is the favorite I would say but there is a bunch of teams in the C that will give them a run imo. We have played them twice this season and have split so for us the first game assuming 3X wins Friday night will be key.

See you all Friday!

Chad

Anarchy has to also be a favorite. They have 30 guys who all seem to hit the ball well. They are definitely due for a tourney run. They 15d us in the north tourney. Definitely a team to watch our compadres to the north.

P.S. Where does one get a 15 foot american flag?

Good luck everyone. See y'all at the homerun derby.

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
Somebody ^ thinks D*ckinson teams are really really good

After carefully looking at some brackets my winner bracket projections:

C: GS Sports over Action Motor
Randalls over Corral Bar
Eide over Pioneer
Bad Draw over Dahme
3X over Mulligans
Sports on Tap over Dvorak
Hammer over Racine
Rmi over Sickies

GS over New Era
Randalls over American Casing
Mmb over Eide
Bad Draw over Dak Bus
3X over Anarchy
Sports on Tap over Good n Inked
Hawkeyes over Hammer
RMA over RMI

GS over Randalls
Bad Draw over MMB
3X over Sports on Tap
RMA over Hawkeyes

GS over Bad Draw
3X over RMA

3x over GS

3x over GS

1 3X
2 GS
3 Bad Draw
4 RC Rma

D
Dmvw over Bistro
Rampage over Bobcats
Planet Pizza over Custer Flat
Hashers over Wild Rice
Livewire over Jones
One Timer over Hoorah
Parke over VC
MDI over Burgess
Aftermath over Fleck and Son
Palms over Ground Round
We Dem Boys over Bww
Corral over Smoke
Inges over Crush
Homestead over Boyko
Berger over Southgate

Dmvw over Rampage
PP over Hashers
One Time over Livewire
Parke over MDI
Palms over Aftermath
WDB over Corral
Inges over Homestead

PP over Dmvw
Parke over One Time
WDB over Palms
Inges over Berger

Parke over PP
Inges over WDB

Inges over Parke

1 Inges
2 Parke
3 We Dem Boys
4 Planet Pizza
5 Co Smoke

Last edited:

Bormann9

I like the chatter - I'm not going to rank the teams but here are some of my favorite teams in the C:

GS Sports - No clue but they were decent last year and I'm assuming coming all the way from Cali losing last year they will bring a better team
MMB - If these guys play well they are hard to beat - good luck
Bad Draw - Wisconsin - If these guys have the same team that was at Corky's watch out - They hit the ball hard. Probably the hardest hitting team we played at Corky's.

That's my 3 favorite other than our squad. All three are in the top of the bracket. See you all Friday Night!

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
I was going to say whomever is really on Eide, I wouldn't look passed your first round matchup or
I like the chatter - I'm not going to rank the teams but here are some of my favorite teams in the C:

GS Sports - No clue but they were decent last year and I'm assuming coming all the way from Cali losing last year they will bring a better team
MMB - If these guys play well they are hard to beat - good luck
Bad Draw - Wisconsin - If these guys have the same team that was at Corky's watch out - They hit the ball hard. Probably the hardest hitting team we played at Corky's.

That's my 3 favorite other than our squad. All three are in the top of the bracket. See you all Friday Night!

Yeah not much for rankings either but will be interesting this weekend in all divisions.

GS Sports- I am sure will bring a strong team and of course who knows when you are a team from Cali with their lawlessness around player classification. Last year, they had 2 or 3 OC Swats guys playing with them.

Bad Draw- It will be interesting to see what they have coming with them. I talked to one of the WI ASA Reps and he says 4 or 5 of their top players are supposedly playing in WI this weekend at their State tournament.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Another McQuades in the books and a great weekend outside of how cold it was until Sunday afternoon.

3X- Congrats guys you played well all weekend and looked solid.
Anarchy- nice battle back in the tourney after losing your first game. You guys were on a roll and of course are always a class act.
Corral Bar/Grind- looked good this weekend and they were sure hitting the ball well against us.
MMB- We had a fun weekend and played well, sadly walked away with some tough injuries so we need to heal up.

Nice week for some of the D teams for sure.
DMVW- nice 4th place finish while missing some guys. Seeming to be more and more comfortable in a new Classification.
MDI played well with a tough loss on Sunday morning.

Congrats to everyone after the weekend.

sendit69

Another great McQuades weekend! Some takeaways:

Class C:
-The Box is for real and its pretty clear they are the best team in the state, step aside Heartland you have been dethroned.
- Anarchy maybe those awakenings are actually a hot bat, Monsta, DeMarini, and Miken there is a shiny new stick in town.
- Corral Bar still a good solid C team
- MMB (The Box's little brother) Good solid C team when the box gets bumped to B next year you SHOULD finally be the top dogs in Fargo C ball.

Class D:
-Out of state teams took the top two spots SHAME SHAME
- Inges solid team added two good pick ups this weekend have fun in C next year.
-DMVW this was a bit of a surprise better cool off or your time in D will be short lived and you will join Inges and Corral bar up in C.
-MDI could have easily been in the Top 4

Jim_Chimney

McQuades was a blast, despite the weather of course :(

Here are the hot takes straight from the chimney.

Class C:
-The Box is definitely going to get their taints waxed by Heartland.
- Anarchy was caught selling their bats to inebriated players on Saturday night. Buyers remorse on Sunday was abound.
- Corral Bar.. their #3 hitter is the best player in the state; hands down.
- MMB.. nobody even knows what that really stands for.

Class D:
- Out of state teams are the best. The Colorado boys brought some solid greens too.
- Inges should have been Class C back in 1993.
- DMVW.. nobody even cares what that really stands for.
- MDI has some of the nicest players I've ever met.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Great Mcquades as always. Hats off to The Box great tourney run again we wanted to give you a better game in the final but just seemed to be a bit tired. lol First game was a nail biter and we did have a chance but wasn't meant to be. Always a pleasure playing you guys wish we could do it more you guys are all class acts and we appreciate that!

MMB cant take anything away from you boys great game and even when we were up 10-15 I kept on the boys to keep pouring it on as no lead seems safe. Thanks for being the great competition you always are and to the guys I know best Dahl, Nick, John thanks again!

Corral Bar damn good team we hit and you guys didn't that's all. Wish we could play you guys more also great team and super good guys also!

The Anarchy bats are hot anyone who has hit them or played against us can attest to that! We appreciate each and everyone who supports us a huge Thank you from the Anarchy guys! I have heard there have been some posts on other pages that my team in the C had 85% guys swinging diff bats????? Come on now fellas at least tell the truth anyone who watched or played us knows every guy in my lineup except 3 who are all on contract with other major companies swing Anarchy so don't take weak attempts to discredit the bats.

And last but not least thanks to all my players great weekend and some hilarious times on and off the field. Johnny Hollywood as The Box calls him keeps us laughing all the time.

Chad

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Great Mcquades as always. Hats off to The Box great tourney run again we wanted to give you a better game in the final but just seemed to be a bit tired. lol First game was a nail biter and we did have a chance but wasn't meant to be. Always a pleasure playing you guys wish we could do it more you guys are all class acts and we appreciate that!

MMB cant take anything away from you boys great game and even when we were up 10-15 I kept on the boys to keep pouring it on as no lead seems safe. Thanks for being the great competition you always are and to the guys I know best Dahl, Nick, John thanks again!

Corral Bar damn good team we hit and you guys didn't that's all. Wish we could play you guys more also great team and super good guys also!

The Anarchy bats are hot anyone who has hit them or played against us can attest to that! We appreciate each and everyone who supports us a huge Thank you from the Anarchy guys! I have heard there have been some posts on other pages that my team in the C had 85% guys swinging diff bats????? Come on now fellas at least tell the truth anyone who watched or played us knows every guy in my lineup except 3 who are all on contract with other major companies swing Anarchy so don't take weak attempts to discredit the bats.

And last but not least thanks to all my players great weekend and some hilarious times on and off the field. Johnny Hollywood as The Box calls him keeps us laughing all the time.

Chad

Well said Chad and great to see you guys as always. I believe from those others pages if I know what you are talking about, is about Dodd's team that he put together with Brady H.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
Well said Chad and great to see you guys as always. I believe from those others pages if I know what you are talking about, is about Dodd's team that he put together with Brady H.

I was shown a few that were directed at my team just makes me laugh. Anyway it was great to see you guys had a blast as always bud!

Thanks again

ndsoftballstar

Part Time Player
Looking back at my predictions, it was stupid to not have Corral in the top 4. I had 3 of the 4 right, I just got too excited about a big bad team from California. Always the best weekend of the year.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Is there a place to see or does anyone know what teams are going to be in Grand Forks?

I would bet in the Open it is- Ground Round, RMI, Anarchy, Rumours/Hashers, First Class Mortgage, maybe Speedway, that is probably about it.

In the Recs I'm not sure, outside of GF teams and then maybe the Vipers, WTP, & Proz for outside teams.

Baconeater10

Extra Hitter
I would bet in the Open it is- Ground Round, RMI, Anarchy, Rumours/Hashers, First Class Mortgage, maybe Speedway, that is probably about it.

In the Recs I'm not sure, outside of GF teams and then maybe the Vipers, WTP, & Proz for outside teams.

As of right now for the C/D division, they have listed Dvorak, Aftermath, Alluminati (Canada?).. Ground Round, RMI, First Class Mortgage, and Rumors Hashers will all most likely be there along with Anarchy.

grandforkssoftballassociation.com

click on the tab on the left that says Are You Registered? and it lists the teams there. I'm not sure how often its updated.

Joker_24

Star Player
As of right now for the C/D division, they have listed Dvorak, Aftermath, Alluminati (Canada?).. Ground Round, RMI, First Class Mortgage, and Rumors Hashers will all most likely be there along with Anarchy.

grandforkssoftballassociation.com

click on the tab on the left that says Are You Registered? and it lists the teams there. I'm not sure how often its updated.

Thank you