North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
You should enjoy it since you guys should be a B team not in the C anymore
This comment is trying too hard. If you're playing in the highest league in F-M-WF (which they are) it really doesn't matter what division you are in anyways. Winning Mich Golden and McQuades isn't enough to get a team bumped to B in ND, you have to start placing in and winning tournaments outside of ND. Now if they run through state again and go to OKC and place, they should get bumped, but otherwise they are C.

Last edited:

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow some people's kids saying sh** that makes no sense with what the discussion was, doing some mid-day drinking MD?

TI#15

After finally recovering from my splinters off the bench from our manager picking up Heartland guys, I figured it was time to start up the state tournament gossip and possible rumors for 2018. Who's in for C state and when is the draw and whose the favorite in a loaded D state?

bstark28

Starting Player
After finally recovering from my splinters off the bench from our manager picking up Heartland guys, I figured it was time to start up the state tournament gossip and possible rumors for 2018. Who's in for C state and when is the draw and whose the favorite in a loaded D state?

As of last Wednesday, there are currently 11 teams registered in C. From what I can see, the only team missing was Bismarck Sickie's. As for D, all the squads listed above should be in the mix, and I'd venture to put GF Ground Round in there too....they eventually have to break through at State, right?

AC11

Addicted to Softballfans
How did the State Fair tournament go?

C/D
1. Aftermath
2. American Casing
3. Mulligans
3. Corral Bar

Rec 1
1. Proz
2. Sevens

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
As of last Wednesday, there are currently 11 teams registered in C. From what I can see, the only team missing was Bismarck Sickie's. As for D, all the squads listed above should be in the mix, and I'd venture to put GF Ground Round in there too....they eventually have to break through at State, right?

At the classification meeting, we had 20 D teams signed up for State.

Artie DeVanzo

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking at the State entrants and the Monsta series it looks like Sickies from Bismarck is the only C team missing and Berger Chiro from Bismarck, Fleck and Sons from Bismarck, Bobcats/Brunos from Bismarck, Jones Physical Therapy from Bismarck, Bistro from Bismarck, and Rock Point from Beulah are the teams that decided not to play in the state D....and American Casing from Williston has decided to drop out now as well.

Artie DeVanzo

Addicted to Softballfans
11 C teams? I can name 8.. is Anarchy playing?
Bismarck
Corral Bar/Grind Athletic/Bud Light/HRS
Dvorak Motors/Bud Light
Eide Chrysler
Action Motor Sports/BrunosPizza
Racine Plumbing
Fargo
3X Gear/The Box/Ballyard/Sports
Herd & Horns/MMB/Monsta
Randall's/CCS/Corporate Technology
Grand Forks
RMI/Holiday Stores/Budweiser
Minot
Sports on Tap
Williston
Mulligan's/JE Dunn/JLG/Sorenson/DSG/WCCU

Top three no order.
Corral
Box
MMB

Sleepers of the tourney....
Randalls for sure, and the winner of dvorak and rmi. They are all due for a good run.

For sleepers?
Rmi- We have barely beaten RMI everytime we play them. They are a good team.
Dvorak- only two losses at mcgolden was to heartland. Didnt have full squad at mcquades. Also play us very well we have just had thier number. They are a good team.
Randalls- always good on saturday ALWAYS. Undefeated game at 10 they could very well be sober enough for it theyve done it before.

NDSoftball

Addicted to Softballfans
winner bracket picks

C
Mmb over Eide
Corral over Randalls
Corral over Ams
Sports on Tap over Racine
Mulligans over Tap
Rmi over Dvorak
3X over RMI

Mmb over Corral
3X over Mulligans

3X over Mmb

3X over Mmb

1 3X- Untouchable
2 Mmb- Feeling a Mmb run
3 Corral- Too stout
4 Eide- Goes on a run in losers bracket

D
Custer Flats over Homesteaders
Inges over Ground Round
Parke over Inges
Mdi over Rumors
Mdi over Livewire
First Class over PP
Corral over KC
Burgess over Southgate
Rhombus over Southgate
Aftermath over VC
Aftermath over Wild Rice
Dmvw over Boyko

Parke over Custer Flats
Mdi over First Class
Corral over Rhombus
Dmvw over Aftermath

Parke over Mdi
Dmvw over Corral

Parke over Dmvw

Parke over Dmvw

1 Parke- Been hiding in the weeds. Won D*ckingson Tourney over Inges, Corral, American Casing, Boyko
2 Dmvw- Was told they have close to full squad
3 Mdi- Solid squad that should go far
4 Corral- Should go far

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
C
1. 3x
2. Herd & Horns
3. Corral
4. Dvorak

D
1. Inges
2. Corral
3. MDI
4. DMVW
5/6. Ground Round/Rhombus

1. ****son Law
2. Northern Energy Services
3. Pack Mule
4. JB Brothers
5/6. Urgent Med/Johnnies Lounge

bstark28

Starting Player
Class C is The Box's tourney to lose.....not a knock against the rest of the field, just a fact. I think the 2-6 spots could be filled by a variety of teams, all depends on which teams have their full rosters and who happens to put together a good weekend.

Class D, I haven't watched enough to know the favorites, so I'll throw out Inge's, Corral, DMVW, MDI.

Good luck to everyone playing this weekend!

TI#15

State predictions (C)
Eidie vs MMB
Collins tries to bench press his way past MMB only to notice he has big cat on the barbell and can't push through the final set. MMB sends Eidie to the losers bracket.

Corral bar vs Randalls
RJs delts are to much for Randalls even if they are short handed, Randalls is "dealt" a loss and sent to the losers bracket as well.

SOT vs Racine
SOT wins in a HR derby as neither team can keep it in the yard.

Dvorak vs RMI
Remember the time they played in GF and it was a blood bath? Neither do I, that tourney is irrelevant, RMI by run rule.

Corral vs MMB (the rematch)
No 37-27 score here, Johnny D out pitches his opposition and wins by run rule in 5 innings.

Mulligans vs. SOT
SOT shocked and upset, but there's no mulligans in this tourney. SOT is sent to the losers round.

Box 3X vs RMI
Bathroom break......3x wins

3x vs Mulligans
Mulligans is looking for revenge after first round Mcquades..... They're still looking, 3X wins

MMB vs 3X
MMB so badly wants to be considered in a class with 3X, but I also wanted to be an astronaut and I'm posting on a message board.

MMB vs. Dvorak
Gullmon and Kinni Indian leg wrestle and the game is decided by monsta points, MMB wins.

3X vs MMB
The end....3X wins

baller444

Extra Hitter
C will go to 3x. They are a solid squad. No one can argue that.

D is a toss up. Corral or DMVW would be my picks. DMVW has been fun to watch this year. If they show up at bat, I would go with them. MDI could come out and kill it. They tend to show up, so let's see what this weekend brings for them. Livewire would be a longshot, but they have a couple ballers. Usually lots of drama there though.
Good luck boys!! Nice weather, cold beers, game that we all love... priceless!