North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

cheee

Diamond Dawg
Great weekend of ball. Couldn't of asked for better weather. Congrats to Ground Round on their ship. We came up short against them both games but in the end I'm glad it was that group of guys snagging a state title if not us. Shout out to all the teams we played MDI, Planet Pizza, Inges and Rhombus along with Ground Round. Great teams, great sportsmanship.

Congrats to 3x on their back to back titles. Dvorak on their runner up trophy

Thanks to all the staff and umpires. We had no issues at all. Run very well.

4spot

Star Player
Vent post...

We had rec 2 down in Wahpeton this weekend. First off, what a terrible place to have a state tournament at any level. With those short fences, line drives would go out and would constantly have to stop play for balls from the other fields. The fields have horrible lips with drop offs into the outfields. Anyways, rant over and bring on football season!

sendit69

What a great weekend for softball, that almost never happens in North Dakota.

C review:
Top 3
3X
Dvorak
AMS

No surprise here with 3X going undefeated and walking their way through C state making it look easy, next up C Nats and then the inevitable bump to Class B move over Heartland you've been dethroned in ND softball. Big surprise of the weekend in C was MMB laying an egg, which i am sure plenty of people were happy to see (which I don't get there are a lot of good guys on that team).

D review:
Top 5
Ground Round
Livewire
Rhombus
Inges
DMVW/MDI

Not a big shocker here most thought winner of the Inges v Ground Round game would be in the championship, however most people thought it would be Inges. Ground Round has been a solid D team for a few years now and they finally put a full weekend together (similar to last year at McQuades) only close games were the first and last ones. Congrats to Ground Round they will be a good fit in class C, sorry RMI you are officially the second best team in Grand Forks....which isn't saying much anyways. A little surprised that livewire was in the ship, thought MDI could get them at least once. Livewire gets the bump to C and they will fold or get piss pounded in most tournaments until they fold. Rhombus surprise team of the weekend, congrats to them sounds like DMVW choked away another big lead against them(becoming a habit) question now is how many D teams will get the bump? top 2, top 3, top 4 based on in season tournament finishes? IMO top 5 D teams at state could play in C and be middle of the pack next year, I guess we will see what the committee decides to do with D Nats being in Fargo next year, should be interesting.

Up next Rec 1 state I believe the favorite to win that is Proz??? I could be wrong I have just heard that team brought up a couple of times.

poalrisxltsp

Addicted to Softballfans
Vent post...

We had rec 2 down in Wahpeton this weekend. First off, what a terrible place to have a state tournament at any level. With those short fences, line drives would go out and would constantly have to stop play for balls from the other fields. The fields have horrible lips with drop offs into the outfields. Anyways, rant over and bring on football season!

I'll add to your vent. This place is terrible to play. I'm sorry 275 foot fences? So many line drive
"hr's" for outs. We had 5 our last game. Yes guys need to learn to keep the ball down but most of them would not have gone out in a normal field. The bracket is also set up stupid. You go 2-0 sat and lose your first on Sunday and you are done?

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
Up next Rec 1 state I believe the favorite to win that is Proz??? I could be wrong I have just heard that team brought up a couple of times.

Proz, ****son Law, Northern Energy Services, Wahus, Johnnies Lounge, JB Brothers, Pack Mule have all done well this year.

beachbomb10

Addicted to Softballfans
I'll add to your vent. This place is terrible to play. I'm sorry 275 foot fences? So many line drive
"hr's" for outs. We had 5 our last game. Yes guys need to learn to keep the ball down but most of them would not have gone out in a normal field. The bracket is also set up stupid. You go 2-0 sat and lose your first on Sunday and you are done?

I will add to this as I play league down here in whap.. it is terrible a line drive goes out and balls coming all over.. have tried to get a net on outfield of 1 but they won't let us..

beachbomb10

Addicted to Softballfans
What a great weekend for softball.. perfect weather.... Congrats to Ground Round on a good tourney.. also livewire put on a show this weekend they gave us our 2 L's.. . Inges, dmvw and rhombus all looked good too.. there could of.been any combination of d teams playing Sunday there were about 10 great teams that lost close games.. all in all good weekend.

Congrats to 3X as well as Dvorak and mulligens in the C...

bstark28

Starting Player
What a great weekend for softball, that almost never happens in North Dakota.

C review:
Top 3
3X
Dvorak
AMS

No surprise here with 3X going undefeated and walking their way through C state making it look easy, next up C Nats and then the inevitable bump to Class B move over Heartland you've been dethroned in ND softball. Big surprise of the weekend in C was MMB laying an egg, which i am sure plenty of people were happy to see (which I don't get there are a lot of good guys on that team).

D review:
Top 5
Ground Round
Livewire
Rhombus
Inges
DMVW/MDI

Not a big shocker here most thought winner of the Inges v Ground Round game would be in the championship, however most people thought it would be Inges. Ground Round has been a solid D team for a few years now and they finally put a full weekend together (similar to last year at McQuades) only close games were the first and last ones. Congrats to Ground Round they will be a good fit in class C, sorry RMI you are officially the second best team in Grand Forks....which isn't saying much anyways. A little surprised that livewire was in the ship, thought MDI could get them at least once. Livewire gets the bump to C and they will fold or get piss pounded in most tournaments until they fold. Rhombus surprise team of the weekend, congrats to them sounds like DMVW choked away another big lead against them(becoming a habit) question now is how many D teams will get the bump? top 2, top 3, top 4 based on in season tournament finishes? IMO top 5 D teams at state could play in C and be middle of the pack next year, I guess we will see what the committee decides to do with D Nats being in Fargo next year, should be interesting.

It's typically the top 10%, which translates to the top 2, for sure. IMO, I'd be shocked if they bumped more than that....but, stranger things have happened.

baller444

Extra Hitter
It's typically the top 10%, which translates to the top 2, for sure. IMO, I'd be shocked if they bumped more than that....but, stranger things have happened.

I agree. There are MANY quality D teams that didn't place and will kill it at nationals. I would guess 2-3 teams will bumped. Not a good year to do decently. There was talk that people did poorly on purpose so they will be ready for next year. Softball talk at its finest.

oneniner

Addicted to Softballfans
Not really... I would wait to see how McQuades, State and Nationals go... We lost 2 to MMB earlier this year, Lost to DMVW, Lost to a couple teams at Shakopee in the C, Lost to Tryon at Corky's, Lost to an Iowa D team at Corky's although they were playing C. Any team can get hot and win games that's why we play. Busch Light was our first tournament win other than some early birds. I could see if we won McQuade and State for the second year in a row and placed top 10% at nationals (Which would auto bump us anyway) where there would be an argument... But what if we don't win those? I don't think an Busch Light title justifies a class bump... my opinion.

Clean sweep in ND.

Hope you have enough 35+ guys for that McQuades division next season.

sendit69

Which ND teams are doing D nationals?

Rumor has it Class D state Champs Ground Round will be playing in D nationals.

And speaking of Rumors, now that the season is over what are the hot rumors for next year? Teams adding/dropping guys, teams folding, teams moving to MN........