North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

Softball.com:

sendit69

This was kind of a last minute decision, as we wanted a replacement for the Herd & Horns tourney we missed. In all fairness, GF is a quick drive, nice complex, and it gives us a few games against someone other than 3X or MMB.

Kinda what I'm waiting for. I remember that year...took 2nd, behind Heartland, got $100 and a styrofoam cooler of skunky beer....it was great.

Well with no other Fargo or Bismarck teams playing in Grand Forks this weekend QC/Randall's should roll pretty easy for obvious reasons, so enjoy that skunky beer!

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Well with no other Fargo or Bismarck teams playing in Grand Forks this weekend QC/Randall's should roll pretty easy for obvious reasons, so enjoy that skunky beer!

I wouldn't forget about RMI since they are a solid team for sure. Anarchy is improved from last year and just beat 3X at the H&H tourney. Ground Round always plays well in GF tourneys. Not taking away from QC/Randall's but it won't be a walk in the park for them.

Artie DeVanzo

Addicted to Softballfans
Joe, Thank god your back we were worried about you since you hadn't posted in forever, oops wait I that's wrong I was hoping something had happened to you, my bad. I'm guessing forgot your password for this account since you were probably busy posting using your other accounts on here. Make sure you keep those straight, don't want to be like Todd K back in the day with all his profiles on NorthStar.

I will tell you save your money and don't bet on that prediction as it will be the under. First, not a turkey leg fan at all prefer turkey breast and I will drink more than anything so save your allowance from your mom on that bet. Heck with that money instead come buy me a beer although I'm guessing you won't be at Shako as I'm betting you are playing elsewhere.
#Lifehack
When creating multiple aliases on a message board, just use the same password and email for all of them, that way you just have to remember your names.
#halloffamemessageboardposter quick fact, I was I inducted into the MW Softball and North Star Series hall of fames under multiple names.

Baconeater10

Extra Hitter
I wouldn't forget about RMI since they are a solid team for sure. Anarchy is improved from last year and just beat 3X at the H&H tourney. Ground Round always plays well in GF tourneys. Not taking away from QC/Randall's but it won't be a walk in the park for them.
Thanks Nick. We like home field advantage. We usually drink the skunky beer at 7 a.m. to prepare for the competition at 8. Hopefully we finish top 5.

sendit69

I just assumed none of those teams were playing in the tournament since you rarely see a Grand Forks team in a tournament. I suppose tho they don't have to leave the friendly confines of wonderful Grand Forks so its safe to play in this tournament.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
I just assumed none of those teams were playing in the tournament since you rarely see a Grand Forks team in a tournament. I suppose tho they don't have to leave the friendly confines of wonderful Grand Forks so its safe to play in this tournament.

RMI has already played twice in Fargo this year and even the Hashers came down once this year to Fargo for Upper teams. Plus, the Shockers and Johnny's lounge have both come down to play this year.

TT16

Anyone figure out who TI#15 Is yet? I Need a guy this weekend

What position you looking for? We have a few guys that may be interested.

Good luck to all the teams playing this weekend. Eide Chrysler and Corral Bar JV are my picks to click.

JoeEmmert

Part Time Player
Joe, Thank god your back we were worried about you since you hadn't posted in forever, oops wait I that's wrong I was hoping something had happened to you, my bad. I'm guessing forgot your password for this account since you were probably busy posting using your other accounts on here. Make sure you keep those straight, don't want to be like Todd K back in the day with all his profiles on NorthStar.

I will tell you save your money and don't bet on that prediction as it will be the under. First, not a turkey leg fan at all prefer turkey breast and I will drink more than anything so save your allowance from your mom on that bet. Heck with that money instead come buy me a beer although I'm guessing you won't be at Shako as I'm betting you are playing elsewhere.

No worries bud. I have been in shakopee since the days you were ripping tags off your mcneilus Jersey.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
No worries bud. I have been in shakopee since the days you were ripping tags off your mcneilus Jersey.

So you've had a crush on me for that long, wow isn't that sweet. Let me know what time is your game so all can bask in your Shako glory.

JoeEmmert

Part Time Player
You're probably racking your brain who I could be. I'm a very important part of many tournaments not just in MN. I've walked out of many parks carrying hardware upon my back. One would almost say I bring as much value to my team as you gullie. Have I built that up enough? Truth be told, I'm in charge of Reggie Schulte's bat bag. So without me Reggie would be a fraction of what you see on the field. So you'd need to come early and stay late to see me bud. As you know the real work is done pre/post game. Enjoy your weekend guys.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
You're probably racking your brain who I could be. I'm a very important part of many tournaments not just in MN. I've walked out of many parks carrying hardware upon my back. One would almost say I bring as much value to my team as you gullie. Have I built that up enough? Truth be told, I'm in charge of Reggie Schulte's bat bag. So without me Reggie would be a fraction of what you see on the field. So you'd need to come early and stay late to see me bud. As you know the real work is done pre/post game. Enjoy your weekend guys.[/QUOTE

Wow to have someone on your level have a crush on me just leaves me speechless. I will make sure to show up early and stay late so I can bask in your amazingness.

sendit69

Grand Forks BWW Tournament Predictions

C/D
1. Ground Round
2. RMI
3. QC/Randalls
4.Anarchy
5.First Class
6.Hashers

Rec 1.
1. Proz
2.Johnny's
3.WTP
4.Waind
5. NES
6.The Hub

Rec 2.
1. Lisbon Lazers
2. Speedway 805
3. Sun Pro
4. JR Bar
5. QZ Plumbing

TI#15

Beating the piss out of these Bismarck teams is too easy, bring on The Box, Heart Land and Tryon this weekend. Rug Rat champs 2017!!!

Jim_Chimney

Wow, definitely an interesting BWW tournament in GF this weekend. The new Anarchy (Gravel Road All-Stars) combined team looks really good and the Randalls/QualityConstruction team did pretty well too, expect for being surprisingly pounded by the Hashers 28-18 on Saturday~

The Rec 2 championship between Sun Pros and Flooring Innovations went a full 11 innings with Flooring Innovations finally coming out on top. Regardless of the level of play, this was one of the most entertaining games all weekend if nothing else.

All in all, your predictions were horrid "sendit69"

bstark28

Starting Player
Wow, definitely an interesting BWW tournament in GF this weekend. The new Anarchy (Gravel Road All-Stars) combined team looks really good and the Randalls/QualityConstruction team did pretty well too, expect for being surprisingly pounded by the Hashers 28-18 on Saturday~

The Rec 2 championship between Sun Pros and Flooring Innovations went a full 11 innings with Flooring Innovations finally coming out on top. Regardless of the level of play, this was one of the most entertaining games all weekend if nothing else.

All in all, your predictions were horrid "sendit69"

We were up 18-11, top 4, and Hashers put up a 17 spot. Just one of those things....but, hats off to them.

1. Quality
2. Anarchy
3. RMI
4. Ground round
5. Hashers
6. First class

This is exactly how it finished....Jake, you really are a great softball mind.

sendit69

Heard Shako didn't go to well for the North Dakota teams, outside of The Box getting beat early and making a solid push into Sunday the three other teams were less than impressive.

Congrats to Quality Concrete/Randalls up in Grand Forks now that they've won the JV tournament lets see what they have this weekend.

sendit69

OPEN:

1. Box
2.Heartland
3.Tryon
4.Eide
5. Quality Randalls
6. MMB
7. Corral
8. RMI
9.Dvorak
10. Dodgers

Class D
1.Inges Pub
2. Berger Chiro
3. Circus Bar
4. DMVW
5. Corral Bar
6. Burgess
7.Rhombus
8. Rock Point
9. MDI
10. Woodys
11. Wild Rice
12. Kindred
13. Livewire
14. Hooligans

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Heard Shako didn't go to well for the North Dakota teams, outside of The Box getting beat early and making a solid push into Sunday the three other teams were less than impressive.

Congrats to Quality Concrete/Randalls up in Grand Forks now that they've won the JV tournament lets see what they have this weekend.

How'd your team do this weekend Sendit69?

MMB went 1-2 at Shako, which was disappointing but I would say we didn't play well. Lost both games by 1 run. Main Event was a solid team and made a great run on the last inning to beat us. Two bad calls hurt us in that game, one in the top of the 7th that kept at least 1 run off the board but we should've been able to beat them. Ace was a good team too, although one bad inning with 2 errors that cost us 6 or 7 runs didn't help. Yeah we could've done better but we will just get ready for this weekend in Fargo.

JoeEmmert- did you out do me on Shako tacos this weekend? I only had 1, drank more water and beer than anything.

MBplayer

Canadian Bat *****
BWW tourney was good besides the fact they didn't do a playoff round at all again! Straight round robin even after I was asking all week to at the bare minimum see a 1 vs 2 playoff for the winner after round robin. I was never given a clear reason as to why they wouldn't schedule one. Even after discussing with a lady who was I assume in charge and showing her how they had a single elimination bracket after round robin in many other divisions except the upper!

Regardless a good weekend of ball games despite battling the wind the entire time. Randal's ended up 4-1 and so did Anarchy but Randal's got the W against us with a blistering 11-7 game that both teams couldn't find their bats. lol its too bad we cant make Fargo this weekend as we would love to get more games in against upper teams. But good luck to all see you at Mcquades!!

Chad

sendit69

How'd your team do this weekend Sendit69?

MMB went 1-2 at Shako, which was disappointing but I would say we didn't play well. Lost both games by 1 run. Main Event was a solid team and made a great run on the last inning to beat us. Two bad calls hurt us in that game, one in the top of the 7th that kept at least 1 run off the board but we should've been able to beat them. Ace was a good team too, although one bad inning with 2 errors that cost us 6 or 7 runs didn't help. Yeah we could've done better but we will just get ready for this weekend in Fargo.

JoeEmmert- did you out do me on Shako tacos this weekend? I only had 1, drank more water and beer than anything.

I stand by what I said other than The Box, ND teams were less than impressive in Shako, it happens and you sure make a lot of excuses for why your team lost.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
I stand by what I said other than The Box, ND teams were less than impressive in Shako, it happens and you sure make a lot of excuses for why your team lost.

Notice how in what I said on both of them that we should've still won those games despite those issues. Good try bud

bstark28

Starting Player
BWW tourney was good besides the fact they didn't do a playoff round at all again! Straight round robin even after I was asking all week to at the bare minimum see a 1 vs 2 playoff for the winner after round robin. I was never given a clear reason as to why they wouldn't schedule one. Even after discussing with a lady who was I assume in charge and showing her how they had a single elimination bracket after round robin in many other divisions except the upper!

Regardless a good weekend of ball games despite battling the wind the entire time. Randal's ended up 4-1 and so did Anarchy but Randal's got the W against us with a blistering 11-7 game that both teams couldn't find their bats. lol its too bad we cant make Fargo this weekend as we would love to get more games in against upper teams. But good luck to all see you at Mcquades!!

Chad

Yeah, we had quite the pillow fight going yesterday, didn't we?! HAHA....safe to assume that both teams didn't play their best game, that's for sure. Look forward to seeing you guys again this summer.

As far as the single elim tourney goes, all I was told earlier in the week, was that there was "discussion" on it, but that's as far as it ever got.