North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off! Part 2(2015)

sendit69

What was the goal of video taping and bringing it to the umpire shack? Are we going to start having video instant replay at slow pitch softball games soon?

I sure hope they start videoing every game so I can re-watch all the sick plays I make in the field and post them on this forum.

Jim_Chimney

If you are not playing is it still worth the trip to McQuade's?

That's a resounding YES~ Great teams, great vendors, and just an overall great atmosphere.

Even when you go with your team and lose out early, you still end up having one helluva time in Bismarck.

37_int

Coach
I'm with you Dennis, regarding Tryon, off to a hot start, for sure. I'm going with the following for the Open, since I'm not sure about the D teams anymore.

1) Tryon
2) Heartland
3) 3X
4) QC/Randall's
5) MMB
6) Corral
7) Dvorak
8) Eide
9) RMI
10) Dodgers

Weekend results in the Open:
1. 3X
2. Heartland
3. Tryon
4. MMB
T5. Eide & Dvorak

Last edited:

sendit69

1. 3X
2. Heartland
3. Tryon
4. MMB
T5. Eide & Dvorak

Weekend D
1. Corral
2. MDI
3. Inges
4.DMVW

WELL.... The box proved they belong in the conversation with best team in ND and it looks like there is a passing of the baton as team to beat in ND. Also the box is playing there way to B real quick so have fun not being able to play McQuades next year...... Oh wait that probably wont happen. Heartland still struggling this year maybe McQuades is where they will turn it around........oh yeah they won't be there, but maybe this is all a big scam for heartland to get back to C and let the box deal with being a B team that can only play in a couple ND tournaments a year. I guess we will never know.

As far as D goes Corral seemed to breeze through the bracket going undefeated with only a slightly close game early on with DMVW. MDI looked to be on their way out as they were down big to DMVW, but it's softball and when you don't close a team out when you have the chance bad things tend to happen. WELCOME to class play DMVW hope you learned a valuable lesson this weekend. Although you did beat The Box this year so I guess that makes you one of the best teams in ND right????

Mark Davis

The Rookie
It was an interesting weekend that is for sure at BWWs tourney.
Everyone would've thought the C team to beat Heartland this weekend was Tryon not The Box. Welcome to B, 3X Gear. Heartland and 3X can enjoy being B next year, it would be BS if Heartland got moved down but I'm sure the Mandan softball mafia will do what they can to figure something out for them as they usually do. Tryon had been rolling lately pretty well but came back down to Earth maybe this weekend with losing to 3X in the undefeated game and then getting knocked out by Heartland.

I bet Dvorak enjoyed playing Heartland twice to get knocked out of the tournament. Not a good look to get No Hit by Blaine.

I heard a rumor that Sickies Fargo or whatever they are this year is going to try to run and hide to Moorhead so they can go play in D Nationals next year. I doubt that will happen since they are C in the Database as players and Pfeff won't move them down either so good try on that one. For a team that talks a lot, even on here, that seem pretty cowardly to move to Moorhead so you can drop down.

The rest of the C was kind of all over the place with the teams. Although the umpiring overall this weekend was a bit rough with a lot of over-turned calls.

D- Corral Bar is trying hard to move up to C next year, and maybe MDI also. DMVW taking 4th is a nice turn out for them. It will be interesting to see what happens at McQuades with all these teams. Inges just missing out although its still hard to believe they are still a D team.

Last edited:

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
I bet Dvorak enjoyed playing Heartland twice to get knocked out of the tournament. Not a good look to get No Hit by Blaine.

Yes, I thought it went really well.

L 11-1
W 19-9
W 31-18
L 20-0

Can't remember which two were vs. Heartland. Guess we'll just never know.

rock2131

Extra Hitter
1. 3X
2. Heartland
3. Tryon
4. MMB
T5. Eide & Dvorak

Weekend D
1. Corral
2. MDI
3. Inges
4.DMVW

WELL.... The box proved they belong in the conversation with best team in ND and it looks like there is a passing of the baton as team to beat in ND. Also the box is playing there way to B real quick so have fun not being able to play McQuades next year...... Oh wait that probably wont happen. Heartland still struggling this year maybe McQuades is where they will turn it around........oh yeah they won't be there, but maybe this is all a big scam for heartland to get back to C and let the box deal with being a B team that can only play in a couple ND tournaments a year. I guess we will never know.

As far as D goes Corral seemed to breeze through the bracket going undefeated with only a slightly close game early on with DMVW. MDI looked to be on their way out as they were down big to DMVW, but it's softball and when you don't close a team out when you have the chance bad things tend to happen. WELCOME to class play DMVW hope you learned a valuable lesson this weekend. Although you did beat The Box this year so I guess that makes you one of the best teams in ND right????

Congrats to The Box this weekend looks like you guys are bound for Class B.

Congrats to Corral Bar as well they played really well all weekend. As many of you on here know I play for DMVW and our game against Corral was more than slightly close as we lost by 1, but whatever they are a really good team and made more plays than we did. As for the MDI game we definitely did choke and should have made the routine plays to close the game out but we didn't. I think this shows that with our full team we can hang with some of the best teams in D, something I personally didn't think we would be able to do this quick. Bring on McQuades!

bstark28

Starting Player
It was an interesting weekend that is for sure at BWWs tourney.
Everyone would've thought the C team to beat Heartland this weekend was Tryon not The Box. Welcome to B, 3X Gear. Heartland and 3X can enjoy being B next year, it would be BS if Heartland got moved down but I'm sure the Mandan softball mafia will do what they can to figure something out for them as they usually do. Tryon had been rolling lately pretty well but came back down to Earth maybe this weekend with losing to 3X in the undefeated game and then getting knocked out by Heartland.

I heard a rumor that Sickies Fargo or whatever they are this year is going to try to run and hide to Moorhead so they can go play in D Nationals next year. I doubt that will happen since they are C in the Database as players and Pfeff won't move them down either so good try on that one. For a team that talks a lot, even on here, that seem pretty cowardly to move to Moorhead so you can drop down.

The rest of the C was kind of all over the place with the teams. Although the umpiring overall this weekend was a bit rough with a lot of over-turned calls.

D- Corral Bar is trying hard to move up to C next year, and maybe MDI also. DMVW taking 4th is a nice turn out for them. It will be interesting to see what happens at McQuades with all these teams. Inges just missing out although its still hard to believe they are still a D team.

Last time I checked the database, we have three C cards and the rest all being D+. We talk a lot on here? Guess that's news to me, as the only thing that ever gets said on this board is what tourneys we are playing, results, etc. I don't recall ever seeing a guy from our squad posting anything close to what could be considered as beating our own chests on how good we are, so nice try on that one.

TI#15

Is the Corral Bar team that won the D the same Corral Bar team that was considered a Mcquades dynasty and finished 2nd at C state last year? I didn't see them in the open, did they fold? I was very happy with our finish, we lost to 3x which means we lost to the champs....we are right there in the mix for best team in the state. Which one were you when we played Dennis, I didn't know if I should have been looking for you on the field or the bench.

sendit69

Last time I checked the database, we have three C cards and the rest all being D+. We talk a lot on here? Guess that's news to me, as the only thing that ever gets said on this board is what tourneys we are playing, results, etc. I don't recall ever seeing a guy from our squad posting anything close to what could be considered as beating our own chests on how good we are, so nice try on that one.

I think Mr. Davis meant to say you guys talk a lot on the field unless he thinks there are a lot of trolls from your team on here. That being said I don't believe I heard a lot of talking from your squad on Sunday. That was a cute win you guys had at the JV tourney in forks last weekend. I'd be trying to drop down to D too so I don't blame you for trying the Moorhead thing.

Mark Davis

The Rookie

Nice to see ASA can't do rosters right then since your whole team should be C after 2015 there BStark.

Gullie and Artie you guys should get that fixed I am sure there are bunch of others. Don't need teams cheating again like The Box last year having Klevgaard as B+ on a C team.

Bormann9

Nice to see ASA can't do rosters right then since your whole team should be C after 2015 there BStark.

Gullie and Artie you guys should get that fixed I am sure there are bunch of others. Don't need teams cheating again like The Box last year having Klevgaard as B+ on a C team.

I've been avoiding this B+ thing because it's a non-issue. He wasn't B+ last year somehow before this year he was miraculously B+. If he was B+ how were we allowed to play C with him? Fargo missed it? Bismarck missed it? State missed it? Nationals missed it? Doubtful... Once we were made aware that he was B+ he petitioned down to B and was granted his B status right away. He's never played in a B tournament in his life... only guy I have ever heard of to never play B and be labeled B+... Yes he won a C national title but that does not make you B+ it makes you B. He did not play the following years with Heartland after that when they won B etc.

I understand this is all jokes and funny and we are on here just to have fun but I thought I would share what is going on here.

Ignorance is bliss.... Is it cheating if you have no idea you were cheating? Play on playa

Side note - Klevgaard did not play the following tournaments last year with us: Shakopee, State, Nationals. He did play Busch Light (Open), Mcquades (B/C tournament last year REMEMBER!?!?!), Brainerd (Allowed 1 A player on your roster), Moorhead Early Bird (Open) and that was it last year... So if your argument is that he SHOULD be B+ we didn't even break any tourney rules even if he was B+ which he wasn't and shouldn't be.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
Is the Corral Bar team that won the D the same Corral Bar team that was considered a Mcquades dynasty and finished 2nd at C state last year? I didn't see them in the open, did they fold? I was very happy with our finish, we lost to 3x which means we lost to the champs....we are right there in the mix for best team in the state. Which one were you when we played Dennis, I didn't know if I should have been looking for you on the field or the bench.

I'm pretty sure if you are asking this question you aren't with the Eide guys since you would know who the Corral Bar team was in the D. Also, Corral Bar/Grind (the C team) was in Fargo this weekend also playing in the tourney.

It was a good tournament this year and nice for once that some rain didn't force the cancellation of the tournament.

3X/The Box nice win for the tournament and staying undefeated. I would've picked Tryon to win the tournament based on the way they had been playing previously but that is why we actually play the games.

Always want to play better but I am ok with our 4th place finish on the weekend. We tried as hard as we could to let Eide back into the our game with them on Sunday morning.

Nice win on the weekend for Corral Bar in the D. They seemed to be rolling well all weekend. MDI looked good I agree with that when I watched them. Nice weekend for Rock and Ming with the DMVW guys keep looking more and more comfortable as a D team so good for them with their continued improvement over the last couple years.

It was a good weekend overall for ball and hopefully it is just as good in 2 weeks at McQuades.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans

I guess there is some kind of issue if anyone on Quality Concrete is below C as they should all be at least C in the database. Anyone who was a starter on any of those teams from 2015 that finished in the top 4 at State or top 8 at the 2015 D National should all be at least C in the database. Might have to retake a look at those rosters to get those issues fixed. I am sure there are other rosters we need to look at again to see if there are any mistakes.

The Klev situation is pointless to bring up again because as stated before, it was found out to be a mistake in the database. Like Bormann reiterated from previous points and I know I said it before- Fargo missed it, ND missed it, and National office missed it. Even if it wasn't a mistake (which we now know it was), we can't go back and change anything from last year so no point in being concerned with it.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess there is some kind of issue if anyone on Quality Concrete is below C as they should all be at least C in the database. Anyone who was a starter on any of those teams from 2015 that finished in the top 4 at State or top 8 at the 2015 D National should all be at least C in the database. Might have to retake a look at those rosters to get those issues fixed. I am sure there are other rosters we need to look at again to see if there are any mistakes.

The Klev situation is pointless to bring up again because as stated before, it was found out to be a mistake in the database. Like Bormann reiterated from previous points and I know I said it before- Fargo missed it, ND missed it, and National office missed it. Even if it wasn't a mistake (which we now know it was), we can't go back and change anything from last year so no point in being concerned with it.

Plus, who wants to hate on Klev any way as you got to enjoy watching him fly around on the bases with that flowing hair from the mullet. It might be my favorite thing to watch right now in softball.

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
*second favorite thing

Everyone knows the correct answer is watching the Hipster Hammer (aka the Barista Bomber, aka Leif Erikson, aka Tormund Giantsbane, aka Yukon Cornelius, aka Cinnamon Thunder, aka Paul Bunyan's Biological Father) play shortstop for Inge's Pub.

BigCat2310

Extra Hitter
*second favorite thing

Everyone knows the correct answer is watching the Hipster Hammer (aka the Barista Bomber, aka Leif Erikson, aka Tormund Giantsbane, aka Yukon Cornelius, aka Cinnamon Thunder, aka Paul Bunyan's Biological Father) play shortstop for Inge's Pub.
In a bright red sun hat no less. Was pretty great

sk31

Unicorn tags for days
He had a man bun and no hat the day before. And did nothing but rake and make diving stabs.

gullie28

Addicted to Softballfans
*second favorite thing

The Hipster Hammer was great, but I will still take Klev since normally he is smiling while he runs with that hair flowing.