North Dakota Summer Thread - Hope that winter BP paid off!

OtejunK

Art Work Junky
Got room for one more...last time we stayed at KOA and the management there was none to pleased with our "excessive" beer drinking and noise!

Party Animals ;) haha

Crazy how many tourneys are this weekend... Grand Forks Classic, KOTH, Rug Rats in Mandan, Miller Lite in D!ckinson, Turtle Days, Rugby, Devils Lake... ass load of tourneys...

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
MJL- You know i'd be there with you if my team wasnt playing locally. KOTH sounds like a good time.

Otejunk- It would make sense that they would space these tourneys out throughout the season instead of 6 in a 2-day span

DaHitter33

Bats 'N Hoes
I was dissapointed with the amount of teams in KOTH so far, but now that I know there are so many tournies going on it makes sense. There are only 7 teams so far in the "I" division.

M

MJL 00

Ya fellas you should see the cabin. Even have salt water pool hehe. HEY im old ill pay extra for the amentities ya know...Jay I know you would be there in a heartbeat and we would take ya. next year :cool:. Ya kinda surprised at amount of teams too but per Milo a ton of teams enter between now and the 8th, mainly local teams...all I asked Milo is that since we were suppose to play at Sturgis at first which is only 15 mins from out cabin, and now got switched to Rapid which is 50 mins away, to try and not have us play the 7am game THAT WOULD SUCK

JESSE55

Coach
Ditto fella...got a cabin between Deadwood and Lead...its SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

I told Chad I would bring a ratchet strap incase he falls asleep in one of the saddles. I don't want anybody falling off!:D

Last edited:

DaHitter33

Bats 'N Hoes
Ya fellas you should see the cabin. Even have salt water pool hehe. HEY im old ill pay extra for the amentities ya know...Jay I know you would be there in a heartbeat and we would take ya. next year :cool:. Ya kinda surprised at amount of teams too but per Milo a ton of teams enter between now and the 8th, mainly local teams...all I asked Milo is that since we were suppose to play at Sturgis at first which is only 15 mins from out cabin, and now got switched to Rapid which is 50 mins away, to try and not have us play the 7am game THAT WOULD SUCK

That cabin sounds very nice.....I see that you guys already have 17 teams in your division, so that is not too bad. They are pressing us to move up to "K" since we did pretty well at McQuades in "C", but we are going to stay in the "I". Come by and have a beer next weekend, should be a good time.

OtejunK

Art Work Junky
well guys, in case I am not on tomorrow - have a great 4th, as we are watching the fireworks with a cold one in our hands, remember the reason we can do that......

good luck this weekend, drive safe, play hard, and most of all .... have fun..... :D

peace....

Happy-Independence-Day.jpg

johnnybravo6

The Edumacated One
Happy 4th everyone and be safe. Thank you to all who serve and have served for our country, your service is greatly appreciated!!

ming01

DMVWinning
That cabin sounds very nice.....I see that you guys already have 17 teams in your division, so that is not too bad. They are pressing us to move up to "K" since we did pretty well at McQuades in "C", but we are going to stay in the "I". Come by and have a beer next weekend, should be a good time.

not calling you out at all since youre D and playing in the correct division, but seems like there are tons of teams who sandbag at KOTH. All those Indian teams are always in the lower divisions

M

MJL 00

I told Chad I would bring a ratchet strap incase he falls asleep in one of the saddles. I don't want anybody falling off!:D

Great idea...us old guys have a tendency to fall asleep haha...

And for sandbagging, yes KOTH is kinda got a rep for that unfortunately...guess all can do is go and play well...I just hoep since we got our cabin close to Sturgis due to plaing there, and now in Rapid, that Milo doesnt have us at the 7am game...i wouldnt be happy

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
do you know the details of this tourney? Is it a 1 or 2 day guarentee?

It says its a 3 game guarantee with open (b,c,d), rec 1/2 combined, rec 3 and rec 4 own brackets. It is scheduled both days. I'm sure the top 2-3 from each bracket will move to Sunday. You can register for tourney at grandforkssoftballassociation.com.

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
It says its a 3 game guarantee with open (b,c,d), rec 1/2 combined, rec 3 and rec 4 own brackets. It is scheduled both days. I'm sure the top 2-3 from each bracket will move to Sunday. You can register for tourney at grandforkssoftballassociation.com.

I may be playing as a pickup player for a rec 3/4 team (i think).

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
I may be playing as a pickup player for a rec 3/4 team (i think).

Nice. Hope to see you up here. We had fun last year in it. Usually bring good competition due to it being one of few tournaments towards the end of the season.

kf16

Addicted to Softballfans
Nice. Hope to see you up here. We had fun last year in it. Usually bring good competition due to it being one of few tournaments towards the end of the season.

I was up there in the Classic a couple years ago with the same team. We almost didnt get to play Sunday because there was a tie and they wanted a GF team to advance. We ended up winning the tourney.

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
I was up there in the Classic a couple years ago with the same team. We almost didnt get to play Sunday because there was a tie and they wanted a GF team to advance. We ended up winning the tourney.

Sounds like a ****ty experience. I don't understand why people pull the local card wanting local guys to advance. If they would've won their games there never would've been a tie. And ties should be decided by ***ulative score of all games played. Glad to here it worked in your favor. We have a new softball board so hopefully that doesn't happen again

M

MJL 00

Man im just praying for not a 7am game in KOTH...one hour drive would have to leave at like 515am OUCH

mizunoguy

Softball Whore
Man im just praying for not a 7am game in KOTH...one hour drive would have to leave at like 515am OUCH

That would suck. Hopefully the person putting brackets together sees where people are from and schedules accordingly so guys can get rest. Good luck to you guys.