not liken the fu-dawg

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
i have a 28 OZ fu-dawg and can get nothing out of it. have about 150 hits with 44/375 balls and it just stinks. is it because this bat was made for 52/300 balls or can it be just a bad bat?

scott.MI

The Veteran
150 could no be enough hits, I've seen the number 400 to 500 thrown around a lot for when that bat starts getting good.

danielmo

Manager
Not like the other new stamps takes a minute to open up but when it does you'll have your new hot stick!

gti44

Addicted to Softballfans
Stick with it. Mine took 300 or so swings and i was using 40/400 balls. Now it smokes 44/375s like its a different bat.

hitman1313

Addicted to Softballfans
i hope everyone is right about the amount of hits it needs.heard so much good talk on this bat. i guess i will keep hitting it and hope for the best.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
If you don't see webbing all around the barrel it's not ready. If it's webbed up and you don't like it, it doesn't fit your swing.

DoctaJ

The Veteran
I will give you $50 for it lol

Just put about 200+ more swings on it and it should open up nicely

LC77

Manager
150 swings is too few to expect results. Plus, who knows how hard you swing? It could take some guys 1,000 swings to equal 500 of mine, and vice-versa. Like Chrome said, when you see the webbing you will be noticing a difference. Hard to see the webbing on the white fu tho. You kinda need to look at the shadowed part, not full light.
My first fu changed at around 400 swings, got insane at 1,000, and broke at around 2,000 ish.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
i hope everyone is right about the amount of hits it needs.heard so much good talk on this bat. i guess i will keep hitting it and hope for the best.

What are you used to swinging for comparisons sake?
I just unwrapped my 30 and should be able to get some cuts on it tomorrow AM.

I'll let you know how it likes 100 cuts on Stadium Balls ;)

Big_Papi28

Insane Dedication to Performance #WHPH
i have a 28 OZ fu-dawg and can get nothing out of it. have about 150 hits with 44/375 balls and it just stinks. is it because this bat was made for 52/300 balls or can it be just a bad bat?

Just like everyone else your giving up WAY to early put more swings on it. Mine opened up around 400 and has only gotten hotter.. :rocket:

LC77

Manager
Don't tell my wife, but I put secret bp swings on her 26oz Fu for her. She would need 10,000 swings to get webbing. Every time she uses it after I break it in a little more, she gets excited.

Post a video of your swing and we'll judge whether it's the indian or the arrow...

saintsplaya

Addicted to Softballfans
Can someone clarify for me..a Demarini rep told me to avoid the f u dawg for 52 300 balls because it's made
For harder balls and won't mash a 52. Any truth?

uniballer

Addicted to Softballfans
Don't tell my wife, but I put secret bp swings on her 26oz Fu for her. She would need 10,000 swings to get webbing. Every time she uses it after I break it in a little more, she gets excited.

This made me laugh cause I do the same thing to my wife's bats :D

Spackler

...got that goin for me
Throw it in the river if it floats its a witch if it sinks its fire stick with not enough hits

killer mike

Addicted to Softballfans
If you don't see webbing all around the barrel it's not ready. If it's webbed up and you don't like it, it doesn't fit your swing.

^^^I play league with this guy and Fu Dawg is his asa gamer, he's a FU ***** der lol

Can someone clarify for me..a Demarini rep told me to avoid the f u dawg for 52 300 balls because it's made

Chromey kills the worth hot dot (52/300) in league, legit 300+ foot fields :)

Hit it till its all webbed to ****

scott.MI

The Veteran

It can still hit the 52/300's good, you just have to get it broken in with harder balls first.