Not mad or butthurt, but i am jealous!

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a wife and one child so far....play 3-4 nights a week for league and tourneys almost every weekend from the end of March until October....have a job that is 5 days a week...wife and child like to come to the ball park, so it works out just fine....when we have another child, I'll probably cut back a little..

SandyWH

#Delicious
Divorce is the best friend of any serious softball player.

No nagging wife. Not enough money left for golf. 10 other guys in the dugout that are in the same boat you are.

hatemail

Starting Player
im pretty lucky...my wife plays ball aswell so shes pretty understanding...asfar as work goes i usually start at 6am and im on my way home by 230pm....have 2 boys (7 and 9) and when they have practices the wife and i take turns during our game nights....if either of our boys have games our softball takes a backseat...wife doesnt mind me playing tourneys on weekends aslong as theyre local...

sticknopper

GS Sports
i work in the ag bussiness. i can play every weekend from october to june then no tourneys and 2 league nights. sucks cause i cant play the big tourneys around here but we still have fun. my team all works ag so we understand and dont cut guys bc they have to work

House00

Slingin' lead!
my wife used to come to all my games when she was my girlfriend. i worked 40-50 hours and used to be able to play 4-5 nights a week with tourneys until i had a kid... it was rough for the first 4 years or so, but now im back to playing up to 3 nights and tourneys when im not working saturdays... she doesnt bring my daughter (5) to the games... idk if she would sit patiently while i played, otherwise, id bring her with me...

marshall

Addicted to Softballfans
Divorce is the best friend of any serious softball player.

No nagging wife. Not enough money left for golf. 10 other guys in the dugout that are in the same boat you are.

Pretty much this. I don't play much anymore, just 1-2 nights a week and no more tourneys. But a few years back my ex of 8 years left, I played a ton to help get my mind off things. No kids, my job was/is 7-4 M-F, so I played 6 nights a week in league and 2 tourneys a month (one usually in PHX, 2 hours drive). Being single and no kids made it easy to play all of the time. I'm still single but have picked up other hobbies that take up my time now.

tsfingrocks

Average, at best
I work 9-530 M-F in the back office of a broker-dealer, taking MBA classes and play Sun, Sub Mon, Tues, Wed and weekends.... but I'm single with no kids so I have the time and the $ at this point. Figured play as much as I can while I can.

TMontani

Part Time Player
I play two nights a week and 1-2 tourney's a month....wife, two kids usually come to the games (most of the guys on my team have same aged kids)

I'd say the idea is to get with a team who has a lot of guys in your situation. Plus, my wife is awesome and knows how much I love playing (even if I am stinking it up this year). It will slow down soon tho, since my oldest is 5 and starts sports soon.

bignosewhop

Addicted to Softballfans
I played 7 days a week before I got married.

Got married, went down to 4 days

Had a kid, lost another day and tournies altogether

Had another kid, now I play one day a week.

These were all my choices alone

Regrets? Nope

This is what happened to me.