NSA 52/275 balls

jhitman

The trouble I had with the NX3's is by end of game all the writing is gone.

I did notice that on some of mine as well. Even with that happening, the balls still fly. Maybe a rep from AD Starr can chime in on why this happens? I like the fact that the stitches aren't raised like some other manufacturers softballs. I think this makes them more aerodynamic and that's part of the reason why they hold their line and fly further.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
Ironically this didn't happen with the 52/300's. They are pretty beat up but the black logos are still nice and clear.

jhitman

Marl, what's your opinion on the new ASA bats with the tetra core technology? Have you hit them? Just wondering if they will outperform the current USSSA bats with the 52's. I have had mixed replies so far.

MarlSrSoftball

Into Semi-Retirement Still activebut not League
I got a 30 oz DC41 and my BP friend got a 27 oz FreakPT. I was really impressed with the DC41. Even though it has a 1 oz end load it felt comfortable swinging it and the ball seemed to just jump of the bat. Unfortunately I got to use it only two BP sessions (Indoors) as it develped a rattle right away so I returned it. I can't wait to get my new one so I can compare it to my Freak52. Should be interesting though based on the two sessions I thing it is going to out perform my Freak52.

I swung my friends 27 oz FreakPT in one session and it didn't seem to have the pop that the DC41 had. It nice feel to it and I got a few good shots off it. When my friend comes back from his tournament a fairer test would be his 27 against my 28 oz Legit HD52. Having said that I have never been able to hit a 27 as good as a 30 oz. Over the years I have had a few pairs of 27 and 30's and my 30's always outperformed my 27's.

Based on my short use of the DC41 ASA I don't see many bats ASA/USSSA outperforming it.

tattooball

Some of the earlier balls the printing was bad, that has been corrected. As for the lower seams that happened when we opened the new factory and that mold is no longer being used by us and was never supposed to be used in the first place. We have since made our own molds and all of the new balls coming in are from those molds.

jhitman

Some of the earlier balls the printing was bad, that has been corrected. As for the lower seams that happened when we opened the new factory and that mold is no longer being used by us and was never supposed to be used in the first place. We have since made our own molds and all of the new balls coming in are from those molds.

Thanks for the info. BTW, I really like the NX3's. These are far more consistent than the Evils I have although they are a decent ball too. Hoping to convince the LD to go to these next year. We are tied into a contract for one more season with what we currently use.

jhitman

I got a 30 oz DC41 and my BP friend got a 27 oz FreakPT. I was really impressed with the DC41. Even though it has a 1 oz end load it felt comfortable swinging it and the ball seemed to just jump of the bat. Unfortunately I got to use it only two BP sessions (Indoors) as it develped a rattle right away so I returned it. I can't wait to get my new one so I can compare it to my Freak52. Should be interesting though based on the two sessions I thing it is going to out perform my Freak52.

I swung my friends 27 oz FreakPT in one session and it didn't seem to have the pop that the DC41 had. It nice feel to it and I got a few good shots off it. When my friend comes back from his tournament a fairer test would be his 27 against my 28 oz Legit HD52. Having said that I have never been able to hit a 27 as good as a 30 oz. Over the years I have had a few pairs of 27 and 30's and my 30's always outperformed my 27's.

Based on my short use of the DC41 ASA I don't see many bats ASA/USSSA outperforming it.

I almost pulled the trigger on the DC41 ASA Supermax, but haven't yet. We can use USSSA bats with the 52's and my white DC41's seem to hit them well. I was just wondering if the new technology was going to put the ASA Supermax above the USSSA version specifically for the 52 cor softballs. I've had mixed answers so far. Your opinion is the ASA DC41 Supermax is better than the USSSA version of the DC41's.

Last edited:

Dan411

Star Player
I almost pulled the trigger on the DC41 ASA Supermax, but haven't yet. We can use USSSA bats with the 52's and my white DC41's seem to hit them well. I was just wondering if the new technology was going to put the ASA Supermax above the USSSA version specifically for the 52 cor softballs. I've had mixed answers so far. Your opinion is the ASA DC41 Supermax is better than the USSSA version of the DC41's.

If you can get a deal that you feel good about, I wouldn't hesitate on pulling the trigger. I got to hit my buddy's new ASA DC over the weekend. My ASA Patriot is sitting at about 1,200 swings now, so needless to say it's awesome, but his bat was new out of the wrapper and coming to within 20 ft of some of the better shots off the Patriot. I have hit both Utrip (I still have a red knob DC) and the new ASA DC, and it's going to be a winner.
I told my friend that I would trade in the Patriot for an ASA DC if my Patriot ever bites the dust and I have to get a warranty return. I like the end load so much more. His DC swings true to just a hare heavier than sticker BTW.

jhitman

If you can get a deal that you feel good about, I wouldn't hesitate on pulling the trigger. I got to hit my buddy's new ASA DC over the weekend. My ASA Patriot is sitting at about 1,200 swings now, so needless to say it's awesome, but his bat was new out of the wrapper and coming to within 20 ft of some of the better shots off the Patriot. I have hit both Utrip (I still have a red knob DC) and the new ASA DC, and it's going to be a winner.
I told my friend that I would trade in the Patriot for an ASA DC if my Patriot ever bites the dust and I have to get a warranty return. I like the end load so much more. His DC swings true to just a hare heavier than sticker BTW.

Hey Dan,

You say the new ASA DC41 will be a winner. My question would be, is it going to outperform distance wise the red knob DC41 (white)? I have 2 of those and we have a choice of ASA or USSSA bats for league. I am 50-50 on pulling the trigger, but if it's going to be better that the old white DC41 I would definitely get one. Marl seem to think it would be better. Also spoke to a Miken rep and they told me the ASA version would outperform the USSSA version with the 52's.

fives55

Addicted to Softballfans
Kevin, pm me when they come in. Or can I pre order? Last yr from what I saw, all the different brand balls were very good, heck worths were even good, how ever I thought the NX3 were best. (out fielders hated them)

Dan411

Star Player
Hey Dan,

You say the new ASA DC41 will be a winner. My question would be, is it going to outperform distance wise the red knob DC41 (white)? I have 2 of those and we have a choice of ASA or USSSA bats for league. I am 50-50 on pulling the trigger, but if it's going to be better that the old white DC41 I would definitely get one. Marl seem to think it would be better. Also spoke to a Miken rep and they told me the ASA version would outperform the USSSA version with the 52's.
I think it will be better for the 52/300. I am not going to say leaps and bounds, 30ft farther, etc., but it's worth a try for sure. I for one, really like the feel of the barrel on the new Miken ASA stuff. Much more of a pronounced trampoline effect.

jhitman

I think it will be better for the 52/300. I am not going to say leaps and bounds, 30ft farther, etc., but it's worth a try for sure. I for one, really like the feel of the barrel on the new Miken ASA stuff. Much more of a pronounced trampoline effect.

Thanks Dan. I like the idea of the trampoline effect. I thought when we went to the 52's about 6-7 years ago that the days of the trampoline effect were gone. Technology will always find a way. I actually did just pull the trigger on the bat. Can't wait to get it.

Last edited:

TWmccoy

3DX Connoisseur
Thanks Dan. I like the idea of the trampoline effect. I thought when we went to the 52's about 6-7 years ago that the days of the trampoline effect were gone. Technology will always find a way.

.52 balls trampoline just fine off today's bats. Hence the reason that using .44 375s will destroy them so easily. .52 balls also provide some spring from the core.

Dan411

Star Player
.52 balls trampoline just fine off today's bats. Hence the reason that using .44 375s will destroy them so easily. .52 balls also provide some spring from the core.
Totally agree with this. All one has to do is drop a 52 and a 44 side by side and see which one bounces higher. The 44's "sit" on the barrel longer at contact, which as you have said leads to bats not lasting as long/destruction. The trampoline comment I made only dealt with feel on contact when hitting 52's with both a new ASA DC and the Utrip DC.