NXT or DC41

Mrboom

I put about 50 cuts on an already used NXT, bat had a very solid feel and great pop. Not swung the new dc but I would recommend the NXT.

maerc_man2

Addicted to Softballfans
I have both in 26. Maxload. My team mates like the NXT it seems to be less of an endload, while I prefer the DC more of an endload... Both are hitting crisp shots. They have like 100 hits each but are good out of wrapper.

Last edited:

maerc_man2

Addicted to Softballfans
it will all come down to personal feel. I think both NXT and DC are good bats so far and only getting hotter. DC is my pick.

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
For those that have hit either or both..how does the barrel feel, stiff or soft? Just wanting to get an idea of how they feel on contact.

maerc_man2

Addicted to Softballfans
DC barrel if you hit ss is soft, mine is getting hotter and ss id opening up. NXT to me has an out of wrapper bigger ss.

theplayer

Addicted to Softballfans
Looked at both of these today. They are the same bat except for paint job and end load. The nxt is maxload which is .5 oz and the dc-41 is supermax which is 1 oz. I don't know why but the 27 nxt maxload i held felt more end loaded than the 27 dc-41 i felt. I can't explain this because the dc-41 is supposed to have a 1 oz end load. The balance point was the same on both so I don't get it. All I know is the 27 nxt felt more end loaded then the 27 dc-41. This is probably due to variation in bat weights meaning another 27 nxt may feel different than the one i held. I went with the 27 dc-41 because it felt close to what I am used to swinging.