Official 2018 Last AB Thread

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
We have our first game since October of last year on the 29th. Unless the guy pitching can't throw strikes, I'll probably be huddled up in blankets cheering from the dugout.
We are supposed to start on Saturday the 28th with season opening tourney and leagues to start the 29th..

I haven't hit a ball since late June last year cause of a season ending separated toe injury.. Yikes !! Lol

Normy

We are supposed to start on Saturday the 28th with season opening tourney and leagues to start the 29th..

I haven't hit a ball since late June last year cause of a season ending separated toe injury.. Yikes !! Lol
I bet you're chomping at the bit. Good luck and keep those piggies healthy!

defos

My season starts with 3 games Sunday. Based on most of the posts so far, most anything I do will fit right in.

Dan411

Star Player
Double to straight away CF.
Blew a tire midway to 2B.

Partial achilles rupture on my right-inner.
Sorry to hear that too. I am trying to get back at it after some achilles issues. Lots of physical therapy in your future. Good luck and heal well.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks guys
In an aircast today deciding which approach to take. Definitely looks as though 2018 is done.

Doc wanted to put me into a plaster cast today for 6weeks but I have some important business travel in the near horizon.

I guess we’ll see how much progress occurs before looking at surgery.

ShortYellowBus

Thanks guys
In an aircast today deciding which approach to take. Definitely looks as though 2018 is done.

Doc wanted to put me into a plaster cast today for 6weeks but I have some important business travel in the near horizon.

I guess we’ll see how much progress occurs before looking at surgery.
I had a full ruptured achilles in October. Achilles came off the bone and had to be pulled back from the foot and anchored to the heel. I was going to work for two weeks walking on it prior to surgery. Surgery schedule was full.

Surgery was a breeze. Slept through it. No pain before or after. Definitely recommend surgery over observation.

After a week, I took the cast off, put on full support compression socks (like the NBA guys used) and walked around on carpet with no shoes. Flexibility is an issue but no pain.

I hit PT hard right away and I was able to start swinging a bat in January. I did all the old fashioned calf exercises.

I’m able to sprint, and have extended my running/sprints to second base. For two months, I stopped at first base.

Good luck with your recovery. I hated that it happened to me at all, but it’s a good reminder that we’re human and vulnerable. We have to take care of ourselves so we can take care of the ones we love.

lx_2nv

Coach
Damn, I partially tore mine in August 2016 and it's still not 100%. I'd push for surgery, but if they don;t do that talk to your doctor about PRP/prollo therapy. Mine didn't feel like it was heeling at all until I got prollo. Good luck man!

I tore mine running to first base. I literally thought the catcher threw my bat at my ankle LOL.

bimmerpilot

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I had a full ruptured achilles in October. Achilles came off the bone and had to be pulled back from the foot and anchored to the heel. I was going to work for two weeks walking on it prior to surgery. Surgery schedule was full.

Surgery was a breeze. Slept through it. No pain before or after. Definitely recommend surgery over observation.

After a week, I took the cast off, put on full support compression socks (like the NBA guys used) and walked around on carpet with no shoes. Flexibility is an issue but no pain.

I hit PT hard right away and I was able to start swinging a bat in January. I did all the old fashioned calf exercises.

I’m able to sprint, and have extended my running/sprints to second base. For two months, I stopped at first base.

Good luck with your recovery. I hated that it happened to me at all, but it’s a good reminder that we’re human and vulnerable. We have to take care of ourselves so we can take care of the ones we love.

Great to read a "Success Story" in this matter. Question about the bolded sentence; were you in a CAM Boot/Aircast or just splinted, and were you on crutches at the time? Keep me posted :cool:

sorry to hear. get well soon.
Thanks brother - I gotta improvise, adapt, and overcome. Normal day-to-day tasks are such a nightmare right now.

Thinking on how I can use this to my advantage and hone my switch hitting. The thought of driving off my rear foot now gives me the willies...

Thats horrible. Best of luck in your recovery!
Completely unexpected to boot. It's unfortunate, but definitely there are worse things that happen in life. Gotta remain positive with everything else.

Damn, I partially tore mine in August 2016 and it's still not 100%. I'd push for surgery, but if they don;t do that talk to your doctor about PRP/prollo therapy. Mine didn't feel like it was heeling at all until I got prollo. Good luck man!

I tore mine running to first base. I literally thought the catcher threw my bat at my ankle LOL.

Warm night playing ball and it happened in the bottom of 2nd inning / maybe going at it 80%
Rounded 1st and 2 steps into my approach to 2nd base felt like my foot went to sleep and I had no torque. Was able to hobble to 2nd and then limped into urgent care an hour later.

Didn't feel or hear any of the normal symptoms

dunkky

down to a last game of the season on friday. batting avg is about 400 to 450ish with a couple of triples and bunch of doubles and singles. have yet to hit a bomb. i am bit disappointed, but satisfied in many ways. last friday, went 2 for 3 with two solid singles. with 5 and 2, we are not gonna win the league. there's a 7-0 team. this friday would be my last chance to hit one out for this season. if i do, i'll post here.. :)