Official 2019 Last AB Thread

dunkky

I went 3 for 6 last Thursday double header. still working on my new mechanic. also i think i am just not a fan of balance bat. i was swinging 28oz omega. so this thursday, i'll put omega II carbon to a test. lol

r8dr_rider

Bottom of the 7th, down by 3, 2 outs, 3-2 count, 20 sec left....walk off HR backside in the snow, or rain I can’t really remember

dunkky

omega II. i went 1/4.. one pop up and 3 hard grounders... i am attacking low balls to avoid hitting one in the air. I don't like it. for two weeks, we had like total of 6 inning ending bombs hitting classic Ms. I should not be the one to worry about it but still though... anyway, i am attacking the balls that are chest below next week. screw it if it goes over.

chile

Bad Ape
...one pop up and 3 hard grounders... i am attacking low balls to avoid hitting one in the air..

since I know this all too well, i'd say it's more dipping while thinking you're attacking...swing might be level which hits the ball square but the reality is you're just swinging at bad pitches. believe me, I re-learn this lesson all the time. if you can make it work, great...but if not, not so great.

dunkky

appreciate the info chile. i will not swing those low balls anymore.. more than anything, i am afraid that will screw up my mechanic

dunkky

no winter league??? it's fun. i went 2/3 with a double last night. Won the league and for the first time, got a NICE champion T shirt. Other T shirts, i use them to clean the garage rack. lol

Normy

Yeah no that's too much. I don't mind some cold, but that slippery cold **** is for the birds.
Yeah, it would take some kinda stir crazy for me to play in a "snowball tournament" as they call em around here. Miss the sweet spot and your teeth would fall out.

hitless45

Addicted to Softballfans
This was played near my neck of the woods. Something to do..

We had an annual snowball tourney for years, it was a fundraiser for corvlla house it is an organization that helps mentally and physically challenged adults.. it was a pretty big deal here with up to I believe close to 30 mens and coed teams at one point.. our team won it either the last year or the year prior to the organizers giving it up.. it was 3 or 4 maybe 5 years ago.. that year one if the traveling teams invited and brought in Jeff Hall, a few of us had the opportunity to have a few beers with him at the watering hole that help sponsor the event..

The first few years that I played in it i thought was pretty cool with plenty of snow on the ground , the last two year I played in it was not so cool, we had early thaws and it was a mud fest (not fun).. i remember one year my first ab I got an inside the park hr with the ball buried in 10" of snow somewhere between the pitchers mound and home plate :D by the time I made it around 3b on my way to home all infielders catcher and one or two outfielders were rolling around in the snow trying to find the ball..lol

ShortYellowBus

Charity tournament here in Santa Barbara for a good buddy who passed away a couple months ago. Celebration is what it felt like.

Weather was awesome, and the dudes from the teams that attended were super nice, sharing beer and bbq food with anyone in proximity.

I got a chance to “game” swing a few bats and hit a couple dingers to finish the day. I haven’t played in six months so that was perfect!

So, yeah! Softball!
is anyone playing softball?