Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

Gators21

Manager
I got the selected steerhide. Leather levels can be seen here: http://www.taiwanbaseball.com.tw/customize/step1
I have never seen a bad review/comment about Woodz, so I figured I'd give it a shot. There are not many manufacturers that make quality gloves over 13"

Do they show a mock up of your glove after building it on the glove builder? I built a glove, can't seem to find the finished product!

Last edited:

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Happy day!! Added another cmhc and finally found a black one like mcgwire used in the late 80s. Brings that collection to 6!
IMG_20160928_152744_zpsjerxptrl.jpg
IMG_20160928_152744_zpsjerxptrl.jpg
[/URL] [/IMG]

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Nice find MAC, I love them old Rawlings
F
THANKS! mmmmeeeeeee tttttoooooo :)
I picked this up from the same seller. I'd always wanted to try the OT eastbay series that had the flag patch and were actually MADE in the usa rather than just assembled.
I'd also wanted to check out a HF to see how different it is from a 6HF, so this seemed like a way to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. This was $150 delivered and is in great shape but very oily lol.
I wasa little nervous as apparently there has been an issue or two with the seller. I cant speak on the past issues others have had, but this CMHCB for example was described as 'practically new'. Now I could see in the pics that the stampings were a bit worn and a glove from 94 has just been around for over 20 yrs.. theres no getting around that. I didnt expect much, and paid $90 for it....
Now dont get me wrong its in GREAT shape for what it is. No tears/cracking/ink etc. Its at that perfect buttery horween stage where its 100% broken in and is your favorite glove.... but from there it only gets worse and older rather than better. This is at its usable peak and if now shelved will go on the downside lol. Essentially its the exact opposite of practically new.
I did tell the seller that he may want to be careful using words like practically new as even though i didnt get a palm pic, i had a good idea of what i was getting. When he said that though i did expect a little stiffness rather than floppy. again, only $90 so its not that big of a deal and i wlda wanted the glove either way.
The seller responded that people have told him they like the grit and grime and when he went new, his reasoning of saying that was it still had original laces and hasnt been altered from being new (cleaned relaced etc) which.... i think is pretty darn dumb but lifes too short.
One turned out great, one was just ok. Just a fair warning if anyone buys anything from this seller (usually has a red background in pics) BE SURE TO ASK QUESTIONS just so you dont get a surprise too :)
IMG_20160929_124253_zpsqyep0g4c.jpg~original

IMG_20160929_124253_zpsqyep0g4c.jpg~original
[/URL][/IMG] :)

Last edited:

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Great Mac.. any luck with selling your colored one? Great find.
there is someone who is supposta pay on sat, but i dont really care at either way at this point. I wont be using it next year, but i always have mixed feelings about selling a glove i had made etc, so if it stays it stays!

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Just a fair warning if anyone buys anything from this seller (usually has a red background in pics) BE SURE TO ASK QUESTIONS just so you dont get a surprise too

Thanks for the heads-up Andy. That's irresponsible on the sellers end on two fronts - the original evaluation and the rational to your suggestion. For the oiler, try oil dry in powered form followed by Fast Orange without pumice. I had a glove with a viscosity rating of 5w-50 and this combination got rid of the slimy feel.

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
Thanks for the heads-up Andy. That's irresponsible on the sellers end on two fronts - the original evaluation and the rational to your suggestion. For the oiler, try oil dry in powered form followed by Fast Orange without pumice. I had a glove with a viscosity rating of 5w-50 and this combination got rid of the slimy feel.
Great suggestion, I never would have thought of that. A lot of it might just be the series being oil tanned as well. Its always tough with the old ones when you have no idea about previous owners maintenance.
The more I looked into this seller- the more PO'd I became. He had essentially given me the impression he was just selling his kids gloves when they were done with them and that they went through a lot. In the same sentence that he had told me it was practically new, he also said the former owner just used it to play catch with his 8 yr old kid and was in great shape.
He also had texed me a few times asking about things such as date codes, how blackhorse worked and what the date was on a pic that was sent, which im always happy to help...
However, in doing a little ebay digging, the CMHC sold a few days before as a BIN for 39.99. Now I have NO issues with someone making $$. You got it faster than I did, I'll pay for it if i want it. BUT there is NO info about the background of the glove.
Then I start looking at his passed auctions... a few real high end gloves and then some lower end stuff but they all have VERY detailed descriptions including date, type of leather, and just very informative listings that had been written by someone who obviously knew what they were doing.
So, apparently the seller who was playing dumb about about what "new" actually means and tried to act as he was rather naive to the whole glove thing by asking about black horse etc actually VERY MUCH knows what he is doing and playing it off as being stupid was just a way to defuse the situation. Maybe the seller told him he played catch with his 8 yr old etc... but i dont usually get into that deep convos when someone buys something from me on ebay for $40...
That said, I've prob wasted more time than $90 deserves, but as I mentioned a few other buyers mentioned their less than steller and questionable experiences with this guy and in the end I'm just not going to deal with him anymore. It's a shame, bc his CFC usa hoh is pretty nice. Just nothing more than a glove flipper, and not the kind who refurbs and takes care in it.... just the kind trying to make a quick buck who does not seem to give a rats

bigmac25

Extra Hitter
no moldy goldy here, like most of these seem to be. That sucker looks minty and FANTASTIC!! Nice add Fred! Thanks for sharing the cool pics!!