Official Glove Ho Thread Part Duece

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Since we maxed out the reply count on the old thread here's a new one to keep it going.

Link to the original: http://forums.softballfans.com/showthread.php?t=1201638

And a pic of some gloves to keep in on-topic. :D

e87ncw.jpg

David the Gnome

The Veteran
Any break in on the navy featherlite yet Gnome?

It's not going to take much to break it in, the lightweight leather is pretty supple once you start using it. Like all good glove huers I am waffling back and forth between which of the six gloves in that pic I'm going to use next season. We're doing off-season workouts indoors right now and all I'm doing is pitching so I haven't needed an outfield glove. I'll get more serious about breaking a glove in once spring training rolls around and we move back outside.

I did take the tags off that Heyward and establish the break points. I'm actually kind of liking the feel of that one a whole lot.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Another recent pick up. Easton PPX3BW-FP. It's It's a fastpitch mitt so the script is a bit feminine and it has a velcro strap. The handstall isn't overly small and most adult hands would still fit. Found it interesting that this 1b mitt had a closed web.
20150114_192431_zpsbxvbspjq.jpg

20150114_192447_zpsuoc4cggw.jpg

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I suspect they will be in line with the production A2K versus A2000 prices, about $110 more. I'd expect to pay in the range of $450-460 for an A2K custom.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
That is a Rawlings PROJD-6FLPPRO. It's one of the MLB spring training sample gloves Rawlings sold off a few months ago. The only other way to get one is through the pro custom shop I believe.

k0o9bs.jpg

2cmvu5h.jpg

2qv4hh4.jpg

qsthlj.jpg

jt46mp.jpg

2aj1iti.jpg

w1zbsx.jpg

14vo3sg.jpg

30x8jv5.jpg

2mxpoud.jpg

25ewr41.jpg

David the Gnome

The Veteran
The leather feels amazing and it's super light. The only minor negative thing I have to say about it is that the leather is very thin in the palm, if you catch one there you're gonna know it immediately. I guess that's the price you have to pay to make it lightweight.

brennen15

Addicted to Softballfans
Got bored one night and re laced the trap in my PRO1000-4PRB

9BD505FB-0035-48B5-875D-AD684486516B_zps4872hikn.jpg

After. It's red looks kinda pink in the pic

939C7432-478B-448C-B3C4-CDB3CFCA6016_zpso4f0thfe.jpg

Still gonna put an H on it sometime this year

ghunt25

I need to pick one up, those are fantastic.

On a side note....F my life, The Nike Vapor 360 just came out in red. Gonna have to sell some stuff!

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
I did, and returned.

Keep in mind I am spoiled, but
it felt nice, maybe $100 backup nice.
The binding felt like superskin; cheap
feeling plastic.

Otherwise seemed okay.

Save for the Shado J

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
From a old post.

Important update.

I was looking the glove over the other night and decided to return it.
I like the leather, I like the interior (though very different). But I noticed the binding is vinyl or something artificial. NOT a fan of that. felt like that SUPERSKIN that wilson uses.

Just Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredderf View Post
Nike Shado, Pro Fielder series BF1754 (Not the Elite J)
Nice gloves, pretty stiff, fits TIP (a little tight)
Nice craftsmanship btw. Made of Steerhide, not kip.
Plays like a true 12.75" IMO

Speaking of Nike gloves, has anyone tried out one of the Shado Pros yet?

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/sha-do-pro-1250-post-fielding-glove/pid-1532108/pgid-1532106