Price Check OG B1 Combat da Bomb

Softball.com:

sotiredofbs

Addicted to Softballfans
Ok so back in I think 2006 (I think) I bought this bat because where I lived in Michigan all I played was NSA and this was supposed to be one of the hottest bats out there at the time. Well what I didnt know was that the end caps were **** and didnt last at all. The end cap on mine came out after less than a season and I had no clue about receipts or returns or anything like that so I put it in my garage and didnt use it, but when I moved to Florida I brought it with me. Once I got here I put it in my shed and forgot about it since it had no end cap and all I play down here is ASA. I guess my point of all this rambling is am I allowed to sell it on here since it has NOT been altered at all, the end cap just came out and if I am allowed to what would it be worth? I know you can get new end caps and put them in and the bat is good to go but I didnt want to do that because I prefer to sell/trade and be up front about things. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Seriously not one of the people who viewed this has any advice?

Pics would help, what is the weight, what color is the knob, did it have a plastic cap, any tracking or webbing?

If it is a grey knob it is probably worth $40 or $50 shipped.

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
the OG had a composite end cap, and had problems staying in because of all the flex in the walls
SMOKE

sotiredofbs

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for the replies, it is a 27oz and I dont remember which cap it had because it came out over 8 years ago and back then I really knew NOTHING about softball bats. This was my first ever "nice" (non $30 walmart bat) that I bought, didnt know about returns or anything like that at the time. The end knob is grey, no cracks and I dont think webbing but there are field wear and scratches all over it but I cant tell if it is just scratches or webbing (it doesnt look like the webbing on my Miken Triad at all) and below are a few pictures

bats3_zps751988f0.jpg

bats%204_zpsprvkmwya.jpg

sotiredofbs

Addicted to Softballfans
If I played anything other than ASA I would just get an end cap and put it in, maybe I will keep it just in case I ever play another association someday. What should I use to glue the new end cap in and is there any special process to do it or just glue and put in?

Tomj2345

aka...TOM A.V.
If I played anything other than ASA I would just get an end cap and put it in, maybe I will keep it just in case I ever play another association someday. What should I use to glue the new end cap in and is there any special process to do it or just glue and put in?

3M Marine Adhesive

hoser

Addicted to Softballfans
First batch B1-Order of releases
1st:Black Knob, Composite Endcap, No USSSA stamp (HOTTEST)
2nd:Black Knob, Composite Endcap, USSSA stamp
3rd:Grey Knob, Composite Endcap, USSSA stamp

Some 1st batches that had broken endcaps were repaired by combat with a rubber plug-style endcap with no markings and sent back to player.

sotiredofbs

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for all the info guys ton of help, I may list it for $50 but just keep it if I dont get that for it, to me if I have to pay the shipping and go through all the hassle of going to the post office boxing it up etc its not worth it for less than the $38 I would make after paying for shipping lol

westtexas

"Godfather"
First batch B1-Order of releases
1st:Black Knob, Composite Endcap, No USSSA stamp (HOTTEST)
2nd:Black Knob, Composite Endcap, USSSA stamp
3rd:Grey Knob, Composite Endcap, USSSA stamp

Some 1st batches that had broken endcaps were repaired by combat with a rubber plug-style endcap with no markings and sent back to player.

There were also some with red and gold knobs...Player models