OG combat da bomb vs todays senior bats

ekim525

Addicted to Softballfans
just looking for some info on how the OG combat da bomb gray compares to todays senior bats,i have a niw da bomb 1st batch and not sure if I should open it thanks

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Why would you Not open it. Its still one of the best performing bats with great durability. I have 2 of them

ancientways.sbc

Addicted to Softballfans
When talking about greatest bats of all time, the Ultra gets most of the votes, the SCX2 is right there, but the OG Da Bomb is very worthy of a top 5 mention for sure.

ekim525

Addicted to Softballfans
combat da bomb

I just figured if the combat doesn't perform like the newer senior bats I could sell it and it always looks better when their niw

BruceinGa

always online
If I remember correctly I believe there is a problem with the DaBomb being legal in some associations. I think the bat doesn't have the 1.20bpf on it.

hit50more

Addicted to Softballfans
They all have the BPF 120 rating on them except for the very first original blue target endcap. If I was you I'd get rid of it & sell it to me.lol

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
12644642_10206881530370136_4040769360570156275_n.jpg

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
I got that one from someone on here, I will check the one I have at home that I purchased from the snake when they first came out

ekim525

Addicted to Softballfans
How would you compare it to the new senior bats ,the one I have is the same as your 1st pic 1.20 is under the word exclusive thanks

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Its hard for me to tell, the 2nd pics are from a bat that has easily 1000 hits on it and is straight shotgun fire. The other one is not fully broken in.

TheSilentMan35

Senior baller...don't let the age bothers you!
1st batch = composite endcap and black knob
2nd batch = normal endcap and grey knob

red knobs mean non returnable.

The sure way to tell is the composite end cap. Most of them have black knobs, but there were some late production ones that had the grey knob. Also, most of them had the blue paint extend further down the handle, There were some repaired endcaps on some 1st batches that had a rubber end cap inserted. If it has a plastic target endcap, then it is definitely a second batch. Although the 2nd Batch's were and are a great performing stick, they can't compare to the 1st Batch. In my opinion, one of the hottest stick's ever made.

Also, the very early 1st Batch's did not have the "NSA Approved" stamp on them. I have found that the one's without the stamp are even hotter right out of the wrapper than the one's with, although the one's with the stamp catch up very quickly

hit50more

Addicted to Softballfans
I believe the guy that posted is questioning the all the senior model somehow we are talking 1st batches. I guess its cool to refresh some that don't know
the how to I D the others.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
I believe the guy that posted is questioning the all the senior model somehow we are talking 1st batches. I guess its cool to refresh some that don't know
the how to I D the others.

I blame the op;)

He said he had a senior first batch.:wtf2:

Montana Hobo

Star Player
Combat Da Bomb

Those early Combats were literally "Da Bomb";) I think they compare favorably with anything that has come out since. They have great pop, a huge sweet spot and better durability than anything that is out there right now.
Just my humble opinion.
P.S. Don't forget the endloaded (the red bat) version of Da Bomb. Even more distance than the grey or blue.

Montana Hobo

Star Player
Red Combat

What is the going price on the red one I believe it is an end load.
If you can even find one, the used ones are going from $150 to $200. New ones from $200 to $350.
I'm not an expert, but I don't know why they would ever change the technology that they used to produce those early bats. Maybe they were too durable;).

bostonnm

Addicted to Softballfans
I have 4 of these. Two 27el and two 26el they are the hottest bats i ever swung. The 27el have an end cap with a C on it and the words "for players, by players". The 26el have a target on the endcap. Their is no NSA stamps and they are all 1.20 bpf and it is under the word Exclusive. The knobs are gray so i'm not sure what batch they are but man they are hot.