For Sale/Trade OG Crush 27oz

Centola

Part Time Player
Mizuno Techfire Crush 27oz Bonzai Aluminum. No cracks, no waves, normal wear and tear. One dime sized paint chip mark. $120

Am very interested in a trade as well. Looking for a 28-29oz OG white steel, F2, OG Pst, or something comparable to mash mush balls, unlimited Arc.
idrDlWu4j

iqdpnct3j

idze5UQ9j

Last edited:

Centola

Part Time Player
I purposely raised the price cuz I would rather trade. I'll drop the price of I can't find a trade partner

Centola

Part Time Player
I disagree.. This is the non composite bat thread and this bat is non-composite. The OG crush is made with Bonzai Aluminum. Anyone that's plays in non composite bat leagues would/should be looking in here. If I post it in Mizuno, it's gonna get drowned out by composites

smoke

50AAA USA National Champs
How does aluminum flake and chip?? I have a broke CRUSH at home and its a COMPOSITE layer on top of aluminum, i dont see any metal under the paint chip SMOKE

Joker

I disagree.. This is the non composite bat thread and this bat is non-composite. The OG crush is made with Bonzai Aluminum. Anyone that's plays in non composite bat leagues would/should be looking in here. If I post it in Mizuno, it's gonna get drowned out by composites

you're wrong

Centola

Part Time Player
Ha no im not, I play in a non composite league and this bat is absolutely legal. People are so opinionated in here, it's not that hard. Post if u want to trade or buy, other then that keep the comments to yourselves, thanks!

Centola

Part Time Player
I understands there's a fine line with these types of bats because it's made of 3 different materials, 1 being composite, but it's not 100% composite like all other composites.. Which makes it complicated. Considering that they're legal in non-composite leagues it makes the most sense to post this bat in the non-composite section.. Where all it's bat mates are.

TomicSquad13

Addicted to Softballfans
Though the ASA list isn't always correct they have it listed as a composite bat.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Softball/Play-ASA/Certified-ASA-Equipment.aspx

If your league does classify it as legal you may get a better price selling it locally. It's got to be one of the better bats for your league. The Crush, Fury and Rage were all awesome bats bask in the day and they actually hit the 52s pretty good.

GLWS

edit: realized the link didn't work but if you sort by brand it classifies it as a comp bat. Along with the Fury and Rage

Last edited:

VMI97

Proto-typical "SLOT 2"
Hahahha

NO METAL LEAGUE ALLOWS COMPOSITES IE THIS BAT....it's part of the technology, not fused aluminum w/ composite, your bat would crack w/ one hit...
funny how w/ pics people still think it's aluminum....and bonzai is a japanese phrase, not a scientific type of aluminum....wierdo

Centola

Part Time Player
Like I said before some leagues allow it Cuz it's not 100% composite.. Anyones that's used this bat knows it hits differently then a composite or a metal. It's kind of in a class of its own in a way.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
I'd just laugh if someone tried to use that in my singlewall metal league, although our league director is a dumb ass & he probably wouldn't know the difference. After all, Mizuno does classify this as a single wall fused metal alloy bat (straight from the source):

"Techfire, Techfire Rage, Fury and Crush are comprised of three different materials bonded together that make up one single wall. Mizuno Triaxial Technology applies carbon and glass reinforced plastics to the interior and exterior of an aluminum alloy. This construction constitutes a single-wall bat. A non-conforming triple-wall bat has three layers separated by air, working independently. The Mizuno Techfire has no air/space between layers. The three materials are bonded and work dependently, therefore, Mizuno Techfire, Techfire Rage, Techfire Fury and Techfire Crush comply with all official tournament standards."

Hell, I'd just bust out a Demarini Aftermath in your league, afterall, it does have a metal handle so it too is not 100% composite!

SlapHappy

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd just laugh if someone tried to use that in my singlewall metal league, although our league director is a dumb ass & he probably wouldn't know the difference.

When I first got into softball, our team used a Mizuno Fury in a metal league and no one even knew it was a composite. I didn't know any better either...it said banzai aluminum on it.

Centola

Part Time Player
We go by a bat list, that simple. Those specific Mizuno bats u just named are all usable. (Techfire, OG crush, fury, and rage). Nothing else even remotely composite is on there. God I wish the Aftermath was legal tho

Nacirema85

Addicted to Softballfans

Per the description of the bat, "Fiber Reinforced Plastic, Banzai Aluminum, Innovative COMPOSITE technology, Outstanding feel, Superior durability, Unsurpassed performance, Incredibly thin handle measuring only 13/16", 12" barrel."