OG Mutants Question

Rocketfire24

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey guys...does anyone think that there is a relationship between colar chipping and telescoping? I am guessing the chipping happens because of play in the colar/rod/barrell. The original mutants are the ones that telescope and I think that those OGs are the ones that chip the most as well.

So...could you conclude that a Mutant with a lot of chipping is a better canidate to telescope then one without?

Thanks! Who is the SBF Mutant expert?

squirrelnuts16

Ive never had one telescope, but I have had a lot of them chip at the collar. The chipping at the collar is just from the bat flexing at the connection point. I dont know what causes them to telescope....maybe just a bad glue job from the factory.
I seen one telescope on a guy while I was watching his team play, but that was because he didnt get a hit and threw it up against the fence. And I dont think these have rods in them...but I could be wrong.

Noblyo

APrettyBigDeal
Ive never had one telescope, but I have had a lot of them chip at the collar. The chipping at the collar is just from the bat flexing at the connection point. I dont know what causes them to telescope....maybe just a bad glue job from the factory.
I seen one telescope on a guy while I was watching his team play, but that was because he didnt get a hit and threw it up against the fence. And I dont think these have rods in them...but I could be wrong.

I would agree... lol would have a hard time believing there is a rod in there...

IMG_20110618_113543.jpg

nutmegs

IDGAFOS
The blue jeff halls telescoped but not the ogs
lol. The three I've seen telescope were the 120 and the red jeff hall. None had collar chipping. I have two mutants with collar chipping now and neither have telescoped.

JJF13

Addicted to Softballfans
I have only seen one. It just seemed like th eblue and yellow jh's were the ones that had the most problems. The og's I had had collar chipping something awful but never telescoped.

spud

Addicted to Softballfans
The chipping is on the wrong site of the collar, they scope from the barrel side not the handle. I use 1 every at bat that is scoped pull it out and swing lol. Makes for easy storage.

Rocketfire24

Addicted to Softballfans
The chipping is on the wrong site of the collar, they scope from the barrel side not the handle. I use 1 every at bat that is scoped pull it out and swing lol. Makes for easy storage.

You seriously pull the handle through tightly and then swing it in games? Were you kidding? That would be awesome!

Rocketfire24

Addicted to Softballfans

Thanks...you are right, now that I think about it the flex at the colar really has nothing to do with the lack of glue holding the handle to the barrel. The only thing that I have notices is the repaired mutant that I have is now colar chipping more...it hits and swings fine, but maybe I am just getting more flex from the golf epoxy then you would get from the factory glue????