Price Check OG Nano

suthrner

Church League Allstar
28oz with a slight wave that can only be detected with a rag. Has the black cap.

DSC08997.jpg

Zach36

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm no expert but that looks like the utrip model. ASA model had blue lettering under the "nanotek". If so, 28oz is a very desirable weight for these bats because they swing super balanced and light, condition is good, only thing potentially to drive down price is not being ASA model. I think the value is about $75.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Probably an earlier production run, not 1st batch but the later production runs had the lettering "SINGLEWALL" above the NANOTEK (on both OG SP & SPA models).

mossman

That's how we dooze it!
Anybody swing both versions? Does the utrip version hit the 52/300's better than the ASA?

Last edited:

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
I have both & both hit the 52's the same (for me). OG SP's (USSSA only) tend to be slightly more end loaded than their SPA (ASA) counterparts which are very very balanced. My power hitting days are rapidly dwindling (although I can hit the warning track with the best of them) but I would say power hitters might see a little more distance out of the SP's. Both hit the 52's very well if you get it on the sweet spot (both have a fairly small sweet spot).

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but my understanding was (heard it thru a friend of a friend) the original Nanoteks did not pass ASA standards but they did pass the USSSA standard. ABC added some weighting to the knob to create a more balanced bat which then passed ASA.
EBJ

jaj23

Eye Baller
In my experience the ASA Nano had more pop than the Utrip Nano. As far as a price check goes. $70.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I hit them in the cage when they came out and the SP had just a little more distance, not that I have power but just a slight edge to the SP. I woulda put the SP at about $50 to $60 because of the deformation.