Oh boy......PRO1000-SBF has arrived!!

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Lets go crazy with a PRO 504 in Horween with PM, Mocha and a Single Post RV23 web. in red or Green?

You guys and your horween. @Rawlingssg has something special cooking for December on the horween front. Everything I hear is a supply issue with horween so I am not even contemplating that for a bit.

DatDuke

You guys and your horween. @Rawlingssg has something special cooking for December on the horween front. Everything I hear is a supply issue with horween so I am not even contemplating that for a bit.

Dry Horween too.. not that OILED Horween Crap.

DatDuke

They had both on a table when I was there. I preferred OG as well. Trouble is they listen more to the kids and kids prefer a softer oiled feel.
Yeah.. hope they make it more difficult to get so My OG PRO-USA 01s will retain their value.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Hey Chad, since you've been able to smooze Rawlings executives, I'd say ask them to open up their pattern vault and see if it's feasible to resurrect something from the dead. Rous' original suggestion of a PRO 701 would be a good place to start. It's definitely a different pattern than the PRO1000. I'd also suggest since we now know how long the process takes, let's plan for a completed glove batch at the start of spring - submit in September for a March target date.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans

Glovesmith used to say the same thing. Bart told me for Horween to make a batch, they needed orders totaling about 60 half-hides, enough to make 240 gloves. That may be a lot for Glovesmith, but not for Rawlings, right?

NYC

Swag on 100.

Nice, so I guess I should stop searching for gloves and just wait until they offer a dry horween in tan for their customs? I dont usually like tan gloves unless they are horween tan, everything else doesn't really come close to that classic look.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Glovesmith used to say the same thing. Bart told me for Horween to make a batch, they needed orders totaling about 60 half-hides, enough to make 240 gloves. That may be a lot for Glovesmith, but not for Rawlings, right?

I would think this would be really easy for Rawlings.

targa

Manager
All shipped today. If you ordered and do not get anything by mid week next week please let me know. With these pre-orders and not having product tied to it until they arrive at times we may miss one.

PM sent. Did not receive a shipping confirmation or tracking number.

BigGriff

Definitely opens up a lot when you loosen the finger laces. Wrist opening can get real snug if you lace it pedroia style as well. It'll swallow a ball once it's broken in. 10 pts to Chad for making this happen!

What do you mean by Pedroia style?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
$_35.JPG

Here is one I did, Go in hole 1, out 4, in 2, out 3 (I cross them underneath).

But this is pretty dramatic. Rawlings provides an extra set of holes, so you can use the original lacing pattern, but at the tighter set of holes.

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Any other reviews/opinions of this glove? I never had a chance to break in mine so it still has the tags on it.

Very much considering just selling, I'm not into shelf queens. Talk me out of or into it. Thanks!

fredderf

MiZUNo & HORWeeN LoVER
Here is a pic of my gloves, including the new OT next to a Rawlings Timberglaze. I'm a very big fan of the Timberglaze, in this case a Revo 950. The Revo is very close in almost all dimensions to the SBF glove.

I still miss that black mizzy

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Bringing this thread back from the dead. Any other reviews/opinions of this glove? I never had a chance to break in mine so it still has the tags on it.

Very much considering just selling, I'm not into shelf queens. Talk me out of or into it. Thanks!
Sell it! No sense in keeping it if you don't collect em. Let someone else get their hand in it and enjoy it. Could probs sell quick on fb if you're on any of the glove pages.

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
My 1000 has 1000 games on it... It falls off my hand every time I dive. I've adjusted the hand stall setting to as tight as it goes, and doesn't matter..

I'm looking for a new glove :/

dford42

Addicted to Softballfans
My 1000 has 1000 games on it... It falls off my hand every time I dive. I've adjusted the hand stall setting to as tight as it goes, and doesn't matter..

I'm looking for a new glove :/
Just punch two additional holes in the wrist