Omega

Wow, and dual stamp too. Can you compare it to a Future?
We didn't hit any .52s with it so I can't really speak to its ability as an ASA bat. There are a couple of videos out there that show it mashes both types of balls though. Having said that, I swung a Future a little and prefer this bat. Again, I don't really have a history with DeMarini so I'm not the best guy to talk to. I will say that, in the past, I never swung the D for USSSA (swung a Flipper for ASA) but I won't mind now.

Supposedly Gary is going to post some video footage on the GS Sports Facebook page at some point.

Last edited:
Rusty,

Don't jump down my throat. I was just swinging the bat, not reviewing it ;) If I can say anything about the bat it's that the barrel is really "crispy" and it sounds great. I don't know about you, but I feel like softball is 60%+ mental....a bat with a rewarding sound helps in that department. This thing murders Classic Ms.

shaunt

Central CA Vinci Rep
Swung the bat yesterday. First the bat is absolutely awesome looking. I swung a 27 end load version and the end load is pretty big especially for a Demarini. As a result it was a little heavy for my liking, I swing usually 26 end load or 27 balanced at the heaviest.

We swung a mix of balls we pretty good results. The barrel felt very crisp and really nice crack sound to it. I am sure if I was able to swing the lighter weight I would have really liked it. It does not feel the Future at all to me btw.

EA Sports

Addicted to Softballfans
The more good reviews that come in, the better I feel about ordering one. That being said, how would you compare it to the Utrip Mikens/Worths?

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
I got my tracking number for my 27oz balanced yesterday. Hopefully it will be on my doorstep today or tomorrow. That way I might find time to hit the cages.

Excellent news! I only asked because the Mikens and Worths seem to be the benchmark people compare Utrip bats to.

Yep. And that's fair....they're that good. I usually swing Miken. I'm just glad this thing was hot because we have to swing them next year.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Got my 27 balance today and does not feel like a balance bat at all feels endloaded not like an insane or cluggy/ cl22 which I was hoping for but more like a future endload, feels good dry swinging ill try to get some tee work in but first I'm going to contact them and see if demarini messed up like the one Scottisheat was demoing and see some more reviews of the endloaded ones, maybe they are like sledgehammers and mine is "balanced"

Update: the more I dry swing this side by side with my 2015 asa insane and 2015 cluggy the more the endloaded feels the same, maybe not as close as to a future, haven't swung one in a year, while there a a noticeable end load for a balanced, it's not as pronounced as I originally thought

Last edited:

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
My 27oz balanced came in Saturday, but I was only able to open it and dry swing it Sunday for a couple minutes. I do think the initial call of it being slightly end loaded is correct, but only a little. Mine doesn't have a noticeable end load like woody is describing above. I have a 27.5oz Merica Insane and 28oz Legacy I can compare it to a little better later today. Overall, my initial thoughts have me impressed. I really like the swing weight, and it is also a very sharp looking bat. I hope to have some cage time with it this Wednesday.

jkwoody22

League ball huer
This makes me think mine has too much because it feels nothing like my 27 legacy which to me feels midloaded I haven't swung a balanced bat since the og mercy, I need to get my hands on a 27 endloaded to really compare

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Cage report @ ASP cages in Joliet, IL.
This thing is unlike any Demarini I've ever swung (which is a lot, but not all). We hit all well used classic-m balls. Immediately felt broken in, and has a fantastic sound which is a loud, high-pitched) crack. Barrel is very firm, and sweet spot feels large. Not at all soft feeling like a Legacy/Future/Insane-U. Put about 75 swings on it, and the feel and sound never changed. No webbing apparent or any other issues, but I do swing with a tuff sleeve on in the cages since the old used balls mark up the bat so badly. (yes, I'm a neat freak) I'm using a 27oz "balanced" version, but I feel like their initial reports of a "slight endload" are correct. I don't mind this at all, but people should probably be aware of this before buying. Obviously still in the anniversary stage with this bat, but really digging it, and as of now planning on using it in both usssa/gsl and asa. Sadly, I won't be taking it outside until march when some warmer weather comes. (currently about 10* outside).

Evan22

Extra Hitter
I'm hoping to pick one up next week. I'm still undecided on which one to get. The EL or BAL one good thing is I live about 10 minutes away from GS sports so I'll get to check them out in person. I'm currently swinging the insane Matalic 26.5 and sometimes the insane Merica 27.5 for Asa and for Utrip I have a CL22.

fluffy15

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm hoping to pick one up next week. I'm still undecided on which one to get. The EL or BAL one good thing is I live about 10 minutes away from GS sports so I'll get to check them out in person. I'm currently swinging the insane Matalic 26.5 and sometimes the insane Merica 27.5 for Asa and for Utrip I have a CL22.
Just got my omega. I also have the Mercia insane 26.5. The end load in the omega is significant.

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans
Glad to hear you guys are enjoying the bat as much as I do!
The endload version will truly be an "endload" while the balanced is more "slight endload".

I still cant believe Ian swings a 26oz... lol

rjlangley

All you guys have convinced me, I gotta get one of these. We used an dual stamp Nighthawk til it broke, but I've always swung Demarini's pretty well..first one I'll have actually owned. Cant wait!