Omega

jkwoody22

League ball huer
Held a 27 endload and it has way more endload than my balance so I decided to bust it out and do some tee work in the garage, started with a 100 of 44's then 100 52's ball was jumping and sounding great, no sound change either, put a gnr lite on and the bat felt great through the zone, moved back to my blackout insane for about 50 and 15 cluggy for 50 mixed balls and the endloads felt comparable at contact, I would say the omega feels heavier which is why i initially thought the endload was more, I really need to get a scale lol, i need to get some real outside bp to see the results but swing feels great so far

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Held a 27 endload and it has way more endload than my balance so I decided to bust it out and do some tee work in the garage, started with a 100 of 44's then 100 52's ball was jumping and sounding great, no sound change either, put a gnr lite on and the bat felt great through the zone, moved back to my blackout insane for about 50 and 15 cluggy for 50 mixed balls and the endloads felt comparable at contact, I would say the omega feels heavier which is why i initially thought the endload was more, I really need to get a scale lol, i need to get some real outside bp to see the results but swing feels great so far

how was the handle flex compared to the cluggy?

Twiles

The Rookie
I got my omega last week. I feel like my 27oz 2016 cl22s and this 26oz EL omega feel similar with dry swings. It s a little chilly in NC right now so it's staying inside for now.

Evan22

Extra Hitter
I get my Omega 26oz end load tomorrow. Going to do some BP sometime this week. I'll post my thoughts of it as soon as I do.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
28 el showed up today, weighs 28.0 and has some junk in the trunk,
Dry swing weigh feels very similar to the 28 ovl

fluffy15

Addicted to Softballfans
so i was able to bp my 26oz endload omega with 52 core balls. This is only my opinion......I currently own a merica insane, aftermaths og and usa, bombardier, torch, cluggy, 14 and 15 juggy, og dc-41, easton st-100, i thought it was a good bat, but not a great bat. It didn't really wow me. Distance-wise, it was on par with the all the bats i listed. The endload was similar to the aftermath usa. the scale weight on my omega was 25.8 but felt heavier because of the endload. I was either hitting moon shots or popping up, not blaming the bat its probably my swing, but i found it hard to hit any line drives with it. the sweet spot was a little small, but i'll update you guy after more bp.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Get some swings on that thing and let's hear what you think

Got a 100 or so swings on the omega with evil bps and a couple classic m thrown in.

Really like the omega and ended up hitting 2 balls out at the very end of the round, still behind my broken in 2016 cl22 and the utrip insane that broke today, but not by much. If it gets 10% better when it breaks in then it will be exactly what I was looking for.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
The white and orange bp rockets from this year. I know bugs says they are the same as the originals, but performance is pretty poor. They are the balls we use to see if a bat is ready to game or not .

I actually tend to hit the comp cover hycons farther.

And crispy is a great way to describe the barrel feel.

Evan22

Extra Hitter
I did BP today not sure with what exactly balls but I do know there was some 52/300 rockets. Well the bat was hitting everything really well. Only thing for me was getting used to the end load. It's a bit more then my insane Matalic I was thrown off for the first few balls. Definitely need to get some more hits on it before it becomes stupid hot. By the way I was swinging the 26 end load. Might trade or just buy a balanced after today. Lol

DirtyDick74

Player forever
The barrel is a OVL style 12 inches. I have both balanced and endload. Balanced is broken in after 200 hits. will break in the end load tonight at BP. The exit speed exceeds the future and it is a stiffer bat. My 27 ounce balanced feels heavier than 27 but is 26.44 on the scale. haven't weighed the EL model yet.
I sold my futures. that's how I feel about the distance and the exit speed. I have hit various balls and have no drop off in performance.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Just got done with my second round of cage time with the 27oz white omega. This thing is nuts. I had everyone swinging it. The sound this thing makes is amazing. Exit speeds seems better than the Miken 17' freak 30 I was borrowing to compare. It is so good I'm probably going to be picking up another to leave in the wrapper. Best news of all . . . after the round today and reaching an estimated total of ~200 swings from my 2 cage visits with mostly classic ms and some 52s, I had it tested. The Omega logo side which has seen about 80+% of the hits tested at 250. The "tribal" side tested at 270. Not even close to being broken in yet. Good thing I've got until late March before we start playing again.

kamaaina1

After reading this thread, I'm getting the impression that the Omega End-loaded swings on the heaver side, meaning that I may want to drop down an ounce to compensate for this heaver feel, especially coming from a balanced bat. Would that be an accurate assessment?

After reading this thread, I'm getting the impression that the Omega End-loaded swings on the heaver side, meaning that I may want to drop down an ounce to compensate for this heaver feel, especially coming from a balanced bat. Would that be an accurate assessment?

Yep

kreationz

Addicted to Softballfans

Or go with the white semi - endload and you won't need to drop down a weight.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Update. After another cage session, my 27oz balanced version has some really good webbing, and a decent size paint crack after 300+ cuts with classic m's. Needless to say, I'm probably done BPing it with hard balls and will stick to 52s, or just game it from here on.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
i play mostly ASA. that being said, i play a smidge of utrip and was thinking about picking this up for both. How does it perform with ASA balls those who swung it compared to other asa bats?

a USA AM and a OG bryce O Wanted are my usual asa gamers. Otherwise i'm going to buy a patriot and a 50 dollar utrip combat.

Dan411

Star Player
i play mostly ASA. that being said, i play a smidge of utrip and was thinking about picking this up for both. How does it perform with ASA balls those who swung it compared to other asa bats?

a USA AM and a OG bryce O Wanted are my usual asa gamers. Otherwise i'm going to buy a patriot and a 50 dollar utrip combat.

Not trying to jack this thread, but don't hesitate with the Patriot.

Evan22

Extra Hitter

I have the 26oz end load and just used it in my ASA only league. First at bat got a HR. Ball flys off the bat. I haven't used it in any tournaments yet but I will soon. I can only compare the Omega to my 26.5oz insane Matalic that is well broken in. With that being said I love the Omega so much I'm picking up a 27 balanced once they get more.

Avoelker1

Anyone have any more compression test results on the Omega? Swinging a 2016 ASA DC41 26oz Enload and was wanting to go with the Omega 27oz balanced. Was wondering if it would feel about the same as the DC?

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Anyone have any more compression test results on the Omega? Swinging a 2016 ASA DC41 26oz Enload and was wanting to go with the Omega 27oz balanced. Was wondering if it would feel about the same as the DC?
I don't have a direct comparison with weight vs. the DC41. But as for compression, these things seem to test well. I have a 27oz balanced, and have close to 400 swings on it with all classic Ms (i've made a couple previous cage report posts). Last I had it tested was around 300 swings and it tested ~250 on the Omega side, and ~265 on the "tribal" side. It is getting really webbed up now, and there is a 2" paint crack near the omega logo. None of the webbing seems to get worse, just more of it.

kamaaina1

Finally got some cuts in with the new DeMarini (GS Sports) Omega 26 end-loaded. Got to say it swings sweet! Not a pro hitter by no means, but feels like a huge upgrade from my DeMarini 28 Double-Wall alloy. Just feels good in the hands, and has a balanced swing feel.…
Omega1.png

Attachments

• image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    301 KB · Views: 7
  • image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    309.6 KB · Views: 7